September 1, 2014 | 1250 users online

Fragrances - Juicy Couture - Viva La Juicy

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2014 9:58:00 PM More reviews by snowglow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

It's much too sweet, it's too girly, it's not subtle enough, it will last on your skin until your next lengthy shower, try as you like to scrub it off.

And it's also perfect.

Because sometimes I want to smell like a Barbie doll: too sweet, too girly, not subtle, and weirdly magical. It's not my signature scent, but I'll always have a bottle around, which generally can be picked up on the cheap at TJ Maxx or any other discount retailer.

Eat your heart out, Chanel Cristalle,Tom Ford Noir de Noir, and Serge Lutens everything.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2014 8:49:00 AM More reviews by Sandy1213

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The best perfume ever. Well to me! My HG! I've had 5 bottles in the last 6 years so yeah it's something that I must have! If I only owned this one fragrance it would be alright with me! It's actually the only one I like from the Juicy Couture line... LOVE Viva La Juicy! :) :) :)

rated 3 of 5 on 4/28/2014 3:42:00 PM More reviews by Lybarra118

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

While on the search for a new spring/summer scent, I decided to buy this as a blind buy based on all the rave reviews from numerous different sites. A mistake on my part. It was way too sharp for my nose and it gave me a headache within the first couple of hours. It's not a bad scent and I can see it being pretty to the masses, it just didn't work for me. Way too sharp and bitter. The sweetness of the berries mixed with the white floral here also drove me crazy. It was a busy mess to my sinuses.

VLJ also smelled very young to me. Now, I normally never review scents based on age (it's body chemistry that matters, imo), but this smelled like a ninth-grader in a bottle. I'm only 30 and love all different kinds of scents, but this perfume invoked memories of my dreadful, dorky years in middle school - a place I don't ever care to return.

VLJ is also not what I would call "unique" in any way. I think it smells similar to Amor Amor by Cacharel, only AA is much less sharp and more powdery. Bad news is, I've now gone to the grocery store and smelled VLJ all over the cashiers, at my sons' daycare and even in the accounting dept. at my office. Note: They're all younger girls, just out of high school or in college. And to top it off, I never received one compliment during the three days I wore this - and I work with nothing but men in my dept. who compliment my perfumes all the time.

I ended up giving this to my 13 year old step-daughter and, as I suspected, it smells very nice on her. She loves it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2014 8:15:00 PM More reviews by gdallar

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

My HG Fragrance. I'm not a perfume expert, but this is what I think. Enjoy <3

PROS:
-first of all, the packaging is freaking adorable. Makes my vanity look 12243423x better.
-stays on skin quite long, which is important to me.
-has a nice mix of day time sweetness and nightime "heavier musky", but still girly.
-don't need to shower in this, a bit goes a long way

CONS:
-expensive, for sure, but this is an investment i would argue.
my second bottle, so im an advocate for splurging on this delicious fragrance

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2014 1:53:00 AM More reviews by TinkerbellonCrack

This is a baffling scent. Viva La Juicy has virtually everything I like in a fragrance. I am a die-hard gourmand aficionado and it is so bizarre to me that VLJ packs vanilla, praline, and caramel because all I get are sharp, synthetic florals with a wisp of something that could be caramel, albeit caramel strangled by a rogue gardenia. I find the drydown more powdery and tolerable, but there is an inescapable chemical quality that I find really nauseating. I smell this on others all the time, so I know it is my nose, not my body chemistry. If you seek a cozy, foody fragrance, I would guide you more in the direction of JS Fancy, the Lavanila line, or Prada Candy.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2014 2:30:00 PM More reviews by FyrePhoenix

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I LOVE this scent. I don't agree with others who say it smells like every other sweet/fruity perfume out there. There's something different about it. It reminds me of a very specific dessert that one of my coworkers made for me... Cream cheese, brown sugar, and grapes. There's something caramel-y, too. It's rich and decadent, and a bit heavy (which I like). This scent has more body than any other sweet/fruity fragrance I've tried.
Staying power is decent, sillage is moderate.
Love love love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2014 3:25:00 PM More reviews by beth2237

I know everyone says 'not an original scent' blah blah blah. But I really enjoy this product. It is sweet and fresh and lasts a long time.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2014 12:55:00 AM More reviews by RachelisGreen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is my all time Holy Grail of perfumes! It is genuinely amazing, and I used to have a difficult time justifying the price but the result and longevity is so worth it. I have NEVER been complimented so many times while wearing a perfume, until Viva La Juicy! I love that this is classy yet still fruity. It is definitely strong but never overbearing. I love how long this lasts! I will spray this in the morning at 5am and at 8pm I'm still getting asked what perfume I'm wearing. This just goes really well with my body chemistry and honestly the bottle is so beautiful. I made the mistake of buying a different perfume because I was trying to save some money and I didn't get complimented once with the other stuff so back to Viva La Juicy it was. I mean really, I cannot believe how many people stop me and ask me what kind of perfume I'm wearing (men AND women). If you buy this, you will NOT regret it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2014 6:40:00 PM More reviews by Tater

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I like it too but it smells allot like a light version of
Jungle Gardenia (it was popular when I was in High School
(LOL)...

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2014 2:55:00 PM More reviews by McSwimmer

I like this scent. When I first tried it, it turned me off. But I just sprayed on a sample again and this is a good smell. It may be "aimed" at the younger crowd, but I think this scent is ageless. Most perfumes I have are those clean and fresh scents. This is totally different of course. I can smell the floral, the fruit, and the vanilla/caramel. The latter ingredients gives this perfume a warm feel; which is good during the winter. Viva La Juicy is very pleasant without being heavy. Looks like I'm purchasing yet another perfume! :-)