December 19, 2014 | 1484 users online

Eye Shadow - Urban Decay - S & M

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2010 9:35:00 PM More reviews by rinacee

Let me start by saying this: I have an aversion to all gray-toned or dark shadows. Even dark blues scare me away--the reason being that they accentuate my omnipotent dark circles under my eyes. I envied girls who could wear alluring grays and silvers and pull it off...S&M allowed me to do just that.
My brown eyes paired with darker shadows often make me look sleepy, especially dull grays and blacks. Sure, I use black in the corners and as liners, but never as all over shadows or in any excess. Even a navy will do me in. I was hesitant to try this color, but once I did I realized that maybe not all gray-ish colors are bad.
This is a gorgeous pewter-silver-gray. It's a color that can stand on its own, or be layered for increased depth and intensity (I sometimes pair it with Zero). By itself it is already rich with color and deep. It's highly pigmented and lasts the whole day for me, regardless of primer.
A must-have!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2009 2:23:00 AM More reviews by Shimmering_pink

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

This is such a nice color. No glitter like many UD shadows, a hint of shimmer and excellent pigmentation! I love doing smokey eyes with this and gunmetal, also from UD in the crease. Many of my going out nights consist of this look paired with pink cheeks and pink or nude lips. I am still on the hunt for a lighter, silver/gray color to do more daytime looks with as I was hoping this and gunmetal would be before ordering online. But a very nice greyish/silver nonethless!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2009 11:44:00 PM More reviews by fustyluggz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I started wearing gray eyeshadow not too long ago and really like the way that they look on my green eyes but most of them are so plain! I found this one and it's wonderful. It's not a "bright metallic silver" like the UD Website claims, as others have stated it's more like a pewter. It's subtle but very sexy and looks fantastic on it's own, with other colors or with some black for a smoky look. This is one of my top 4 UD shadows and I would repurchase again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2009 7:41:00 PM More reviews by Violet912

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

Like CarlaN says - NOT silver, definitely more pewter. I bought Vapor and Uzi before I bought this one and I never, ever would have bought it online - because I knew I didn't need ANOTHER silver eyeshadow. I was at the MAC counter looking at eyeshadow and promised myself I'd get just one, and I was eyeing Silver Ring but ended up with Aquavert. I ended up wistfully wishing I had bought both and I was at Sephora and I saw this and it looks really similar to Silver Ring. S&M is a nice shimmery medium-to-dark gray color. I love it for when I want to add depth in the crease without adding color.

Overall: Great shade, great quality, but NOT SILVER.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2009 6:36:00 PM More reviews by StarsnRocketsES

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I purchased S&M along with Strip because I was unsure of how the colors differed. It turns out that I like Strip best. Applied S&M is the same as strip, but slightly less pigmented. It requires applying a little more to achieve the same results of a lightly applied Strip. I gave it four lippies because it really is just like strip, but I gave strip the five and s&m the four.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2009 3:27:00 AM More reviews by hotpants33

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

i just bought this and i am extremely happy i did, i dont usaully wear silver or gray shadow, but this is perfect... i think i am in love!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/25/2008 12:38:00 PM More reviews by CarlaN

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Hmm; I'd give this one a 4.5 if I could, primarily because it's not quite what I'd expected.

On the Urban Decay website, S & M is described as "bright metallic silver." It's actually more of a shimmery medium pewter.

Judging from reviews I've read, I'm guessing that S & M may be similar to the discontinued shadow "Spare Change."
I'll attempt to break this down:
PROS: Lovely smooth texture, rich pigmentation, good wear, versatile pretty color

CONS: On very fair skin like mine, it can be too dark if not applied carefully, and in certain lights it may have a very slight greenish cast. No blue, though, which is good!
Today, I tried MAC Arctic Grey lashes to brows, with S & M applied in the creases and outer corners with my MAC 224 brush, and the result is what may turn out to be my favorite soft gray eye.

I LOVE gray eyeshadow, and this is a good one! continued >>

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2008 1:28:00 PM More reviews by glossy81

this is a shimmery light silver. goes beautifully with their gunmetal shadow for a nice grey smoky eye. as far as quality, Urban Decay shadows are some of the best. i took it back though because i prefer browns and golds on me.