December 17, 2014 | 1647 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Sana - Pore Putty

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2011 7:41:00 AM More reviews by Aeiyu

I love this product. The texture is soft and leaves the skin soft and smooth. It does not have any smell, which is good.
when i went to the beach, even though the sun is so hot, my face remain dry and soft (my whole body were perspiring except for my face)
funny....

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2011 9:31:00 PM More reviews by polystyrene67

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This review is for the product in the tube with a blue lid, which is completely different than the "pore putty" in a bottle.

Love this stuff! I used to use L'oreal Studio Secrets primer, but I couldn't stand the jar packaging. The packaging is not really pretty, but does the job and keeps my fingers out of the product. Who wants to waste primer under their fingernails?! Ew.

I find this, while thick, goes on very smoothly and gives my skin a nice matte look. I have a slightly oily t-zone which this product masks a bit. It also reduces the look of large pores, and as a bonus, masks minor wrinkles a wee bit. I would say that my makeup lasts a bit longer than normal, but I do need a bit of a touch up of powder foundation after lunch.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2010 6:43:00 AM More reviews by neko90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

I have the pore putty in clear (blue cap). My skin looks and feels softer, without any heaviness or stickiness. There is no unnecessary fragrance, colour or *shudder* shimmery stuff added. A really affordable makeup base (around US$14). Can't say anything about oil control as my skin's oil production has been rather irregular lately.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2010 9:12:00 AM More reviews by dilistic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have combination skin and this primer helps control the oily T-Zone. I use this under my BB Tinted Moisturizer and it prevents my face from getting shiny. It feels very light on the skin. I'm using the one in clear since I have darker skin. My skin feels very smooth after using it.

The squeeze tube makes using this very convenient and I think for the price it's a very good buy.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2010 7:34:00 PM More reviews by bigbangendbsk

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really like this product, maybe because it's my first and only primer that I have ever used. lol But I can tell the difference of using this primer under my foundation as opposed to just wearing foundation. Wearing this primer really helped my makeup last longer. Before when I didn't know what primers were, my foundation would always melt off my face! It's horrible! People would think that I didn't know anything about makeup! D: It would literally melt and fade! But ever since I used this primer (since I wanted to try one, I always wondered why people rave about primers), it made my face look clearer and my makeup look more natural, and non-cakey. :D Controls my oily t-zone, too. Would definitely buy this again. First saw this at J-Town, SF, CA.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2009 11:12:00 PM More reviews by stargazer_lily

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I am reviewing the Sana Pore Putty in Clear which comes in a tube. I would compare this to Clarins Instant Smooth Perfecting Touch primer. It is a similar siliconey texture and looks near identical on the skin once applied. The Clarins is pink-ish in the jar but this Pore Putty is clear in the tube. The interesting thing about the Pore Putty is how it "melts" onto the skin. It turns quite liquidy once it comes in contact with your face, making it easier to blend compared with the Clarins.

Sana Pore Putty is not quite as thick as the Clarins so it doesn't do as good a job at concealing pores. (My pores are fairly big though). It performs similarly to the Clarins as a makeup primer - it does a decent job at keeping foundation on your skin. Like the Clarins, this is not mattifying (much to my disappointment) and I do need to blot during the day.

I think that the Sana Pore Putty is a worthy dupe for Clarins Instant Smooth primer, so Clarins fans - you may like to try it. Those that dislike Clarins jar packaging might prefer Sana's squeezy tube also. I find it a lot quicker and less fiddly to apply.

Ultimately though, I am disappointed because I need something that controls oil. I have still rated this a 4 because it is quite an excellent product but just doesn't suit my very oily t-zone. I might repurchase in future as a Clarins replacement. You can buy this at www.sasa.com

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2008 12:59:00 AM More reviews by ChaCha_83

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Pore Putty Makeup base (Bottle type)

Use this few days ago and I'm loving it! I have acne and I also have very large pores so mostly my foundation will cake on my face even though I use MAC prep and prime (about 4 hours or so). But this pore putty is something really amaze me especially for hiding those pores and the oil control really helps me alot without fading my makeup look at all! Smooth and well blend. This base should be used with a healthy skin (even using other types of primers or base).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2008 5:20:00 PM More reviews by Hawko

This primer is comparable to Smashbox's primer, it is clear, comes in a squeeze tube (25gm.) The consistency is slightly thicker than that of Smashbox's, equally easy to spread, no scent, no colour, a step up is that it provides a matte finish, which is good for my slightly oily T-zone. However for very oily skin, you may find it somewhat disappointing, but then nothing really control oily secreting from the skin, as I remembered from my teenage years. Don't remembered the price, but I think its about $8, from adambeauty. I shall stock up a few next time I order.
ps. the first picture shown on top left is the coloured one, suggested by manufacture to be used on both side of the nose . The second pic is the one I am reviewing, colourless, silicony.
July 2009 - I found a wonderful way of using this product, I mix half of my usual amount of theatrical fdn (graftobian, cinama secret, Ben Nye) with an equal amount of Pore Putty, smooosch them together between 2 fingertips & apply, wow, I mean wow wee wow wow wow, you have to experience it to believe.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No