July 26, 2014 | 1339 users online

Powder - Shiseido - Perfect Smoothing Compact Foundation SPF 15

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2012 9:09:00 PM More reviews by Ruby1994

This is the best foundation I have ever used. It covers imperfections well and it's non comedogenic so it willnt make you break out.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2012 10:22:00 PM More reviews by toriiimiiin

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Ever since I started using BB creams, I've been a bit hesitant to use regular foundations, so I did a lot of research on this product before I purchased it. And I must say, I'm beyond impressed with this product. I wanted a powder foundation to use now that the weather's getting warmer and my skin tends to be more oily, and this is amazing. It doesn't give that cakey, dry, over-powdery look that I normally associate with powder foundations. It goes on smoothly and gives me a matte, flawless look without looking fake. The SA tried matching me with a few of the medium shades and they were all too dark, so she ended up trying the lightest shade, I00, and it was a perfect match. I was pleased since I prefer having fair skin, but I'm NC25, so I was also pretty shocked. That would mean that the lightest shade would be too dark for, say, an NC15, right? I either use this by itself over sunscreen, or as a setting powder over my BB cream, and it looks great both ways. I like to apply it with the sponge it comes with when I'm wearing it alone, and with a powder brush when I use it as a setting powder, for a lighter application. However, when I want to touch-up during the day, I use the sponge for convenience since it's right there in the compact haha. I pat it into the powder and then pat it onto my face, as opposed to rubbing it, so it doesn't look too heavy.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/13/2012 4:00:00 AM More reviews by doristam

I've been using this compact foundation in addition to my Shiseido liquid foundation, which I apply in the mornings. I have combination skin so by mid-morning, my t-zone gets pretty shiny. I keep the compact at work for touch-ups on my t-zone and it blends perfectly and absorbs the oil. I used to use I4 for years until I realized it a little too pink for my skin tone. I went to a Shiseido counter salesperson and she tried I2 on me and it looked perfect, balancing my yellow undertones. Amazing! Will definitely keep using the powder to complement liquid foundation use.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2012 11:41:00 AM More reviews by iloveyourstory

I love this makeup!! I've tried Make Up For Ever Duo Mat, Lancome Dual Finish, and MAC Studio Fix (shudder). Neither of these ever worked for my combination skin, but this foundation is so soft and lovely. It glides on and feel smooth, looks natural and is easy to take off. The salesgirl said this foundation is prefect for women with combination skin, plus it has SPF in it. You can't beat that. Would definitely recommend!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/14/2012 11:06:00 AM More reviews by charday

Prior to using this product, I've tried Mac's Studio Fix and Kanebo. This looks really natural and gets absorbed by the skin easily especially if you have normal to oily skin. I didn't suffer from breakouts even when I sometimes go to bed without taking it off (dead tired from work, school, and raising a toddler). It's not cakey, non-drying, and provides fair coverage. But I guess if you're suffering from bad acne, it may not give you that much coverage. Compared to Mac's, it looks more natural while its relatively comparable to Kanebo's.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2011 4:58:00 PM More reviews by mulletoftruth

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Other

I've been wanting a powder foundation for a long time and settled on this one after reading tons of reviews. I was vacillating between this and the Hydro-Liquid and probably should have gone with that one instead.

This powder just sat on my skin no matter what I used to try to buff it out. It's really finely milled and silky but it looked rather unnatural and at the same time didn't offer very good coverage, so I returned it.

I'm yet another reviewer who found the I20 too dark. I have fair, netural-toned skin (neither warm nor cool) and it wasn't that the color was too yellow, as some have complained, but that it was just too dark. It might have worked in the summer when I have a tan but my real issue was with the formulation.

All of that said, the packaging is great. It's a nice little compact and I love that the sponge fits with it and that it has a mirror. Unfortunately, I'm still on the search for a powder foundation. It might work well as a setting powder but that's not what I was looking for. I think at my age (40) I just need something a little creamier and more blendable.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/7/2011 3:42:00 PM More reviews by unlitbutonfire

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

UNABLE TO GET A PERFECT COLOR MATCH. I TRIED THIS IN BOTH THE O80 & O60. THE O80 LOOKED A LITTLE TOO ORANGE. THE O60 LOOKED A LITTLE LIGHT BUT I THINK IT SPF IS ALSO A FACTOR. THEREFORE, WHEN APPLYING I USE A VERY LIGHT HAND AND NEED TO WARM UP MY FACE WITH BRONZER.

I APPLY WITH A FLAT TOP BRUSH. THREE DABS ONTO THE COMPACT; ONE DAB FOR THE CENTER, AND ONE DAB FOR EACH SIDE OF MY FACE. THIS FOUNDATION GOES ON SMOOTH AND FEELS CREAMY; THEN MELTS INTO THE SKIN. THE APPLICATION IS REALLY QUICK AND FOUNDATION WEARS REALLY WELL. LASTS FROM 6 IN THE MORNING TILL 10 AT NIGHT. SOMETIMES I DONT EVEN TOUCH UP. BUT WHEN I DO, I USE SHISEIDO'S SHEER MATIFYING POWDER FOUNDATION COMPACT.

GREAT STUFF!!! BUT NOT FOR TAKING PHOTOS.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2011 3:33:00 AM More reviews by Hoyman

I used Shiseido powder for 7 years now. I used O40 and I40 both match me great. Very good coverage. Last on my normal skin type for 9 hours. Refillable which is good for envirment. Will still used this powder as long as Shiseido have available for sell. Love Shiseido cosmetics.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2011 8:49:00 PM More reviews by sensan

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this foundation! It's super easy to apply, and it feels like you have nothing on at all! It looks totally natural. If you don't have much time to do your makeup, but you want a nice, natural, flawless look, definitely try out this product. I seriously have nothing bad to say about it!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/7/2011 8:00:00 PM More reviews by Vannbaby

I got this powder after I hit pan on my MAC studio fix powder. I read so many good reviews on this powder, so I had to give it a try. The first time I went to Macy's to get it, i got it in the color 020, well thats what the rep. matched me with. Inside the building, my face looked amazing. However when i went outside, sitting in my car looking in the mirror, I looked so pale! Mind you I am an NC35ish. So i went back and exchanged it for 040.

Here are the PROS:
*Excellent coverage! It is so smooth on my face
*Does not break me out!! (Like MAC Studio fix does)

CONS:
*Rubs off SUPER easily.
(for example wearing your sunglasses, it will rub some of the powder off your nose)
*040 makes my face look more orange, so i have to blend it with a lighter powder to equal out the color.

I am Asian, Mexican and Caucasian. My skin tone is yellow with hint of pink on my face. I would LOVE this if, it didn't turn my face orange. So i am still on the look out for that perfect skin matching color :/