Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash Pink Grapefruit Facial Cleanser

Active Ingredients: Salicylic Acid (2%) Inactive Ingredients: Water, Sodium C14 16 Olefin Sulfonate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Linoleamidopropyl, PG Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Polysorbate 20, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Extract, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Fruit Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Flower Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, C12 15 Alkyl Lactate, Cocamidopropyl PG Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Polyquaternium 7, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Benzotriazoyl Butylphenol Sulfonate, PEG 120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, PEG 80 Sorbitan Laurate, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Chloride, Benzalkonium Chloride, Red 40, Violet 2, Fragrance

on 7/1/2015 6:54:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I hated this product. I bough it because I was breaking out quite a bit. All it did for me was break my skin out even more. It dried my skin out and even felt like it was burning my skin. The only thing I enjoyed about this product was the smell.

on 4/20/2015 8:39:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

This product is HORRIBLE... if anything it made my skin break out even more. I had used this product about a year back and I still remember it not working in any shape or form. My face, even though neither too oily or too dry, always felt extremely dry after using this product. I got deep, cystic acne or even small breakouts despite using this religiously every night. To be blunt, I do not recommend this product to anyone!

on 4/20/2015 3:40:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Do NOT use this if you have dry skin! This is one of the best cleansers I've tried, for oily skin. I love it, it clears my skin of blemishes within a few days. However, it is quite drying, which I don't mind (I do moisturise afterwards), but I would definently not recommend for dry/sensitive skin.

on 4/13/2015 2:14:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I personally haven't tried this but my sister has and wanted me to write this review on her behalf (we have similar skin types).

The only good thing about this product is the packaging. It looks pretty and has a pump.
My sister got this solely on the fact that its an "Oil Free Acne Wash". She was breaking out during the time and this face wash made it worst. It was harsh, felt like it burned and made the breakouts worst. She wanted to give it a go and used it for about 1 week.

After seeing this, I didnt want to try it out. She threw it out after.

on 3/23/2015 10:24:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

i've been using this cleanser for years. i wouldn't necessarily say it helps with acne, but i still have continued using it because it makes my face feel refreshed, does a good job of taking off makeup, and i love the smell. it's slightly expensive for a soap in my opinion but a bottle lasts a while because you only need a small amount of cleanser for each wash.

on 2/20/2015 1:23:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I was recomended this product and I was so excited to buy it with all the good reviews, but much to my despair after using it it left me with horrible dry skin. I had peeling dry patches and red rashes and I am not allergic to any of the ingredients! The dry patches took up most of my face and took atleast 2 months to return to normal. It takes a long time to foam and is hard to wash off. I'm very disappointed with this product :( it did leave my face clean though, but so do all cleansers I guess!

on 1/27/2015 8:24:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have been using this for a good 3 weeks now, I really like this it helps with my oily skin too, smells great and really cleans your skin, skin feels smooth & deeply cleansed. I only brought this product because I really love the neutrogena pink grapefruit moisturiser. The one I have got is the exact same as this but it doesn't state the word 'acne' on the bottle, but it's the exact same with the pump bottle. This really helps to prevent spots, it does this by drying out the skin so probably not a good thing if you have dry skin to start with, but should be fine for oily/combination skin types.

on 1/27/2015 8:23:00 AM

I've been using this product for years now but it's a bit of a hit and miss for me.

It does seem to dry out my skin, however if I use a moisturiser in another brand it evens it out. It can be quite hard to wash off too because of the thick consistency of the product, however it does leave my skin feeling clean.
I really wish that the packaging was travel friendly. It's been so annoying having to keep it in resealable sandwich bags, and even the bottle gets sticky from the pump pressing down in the bag. Very unpleasant.

As for my acne, it does slow it down quite effectively. I notice that with daily use my skin is settled, and if I do start to break out it will only last a couple of days. Sometimes in the morning my skin feels kind of oily, which using this is a quick solution. I don't need much of it to wash my face with either, meaning that one bottle has lasted me for well over 2 years. I love the colour and smell too, it's very refreshing!

on 1/18/2015 9:30:00 PM

I have a very sensitive and oily skin, but if there's an acid that helps me keep my acne under control, it is the Salicylic. I usually use the Effaclar Deep Cleansing Foaming Cream, but as I live in Brazil and I can't find this product here, I decided to try this Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash Pink Grapefruit. Well... I must say it was the worst choice I've ever made. There's a famous saying here in Brazil that says: Don't make any changes on a team that's winning... And well... I should've trusted it. I used it 4 times and at the beginning I actually thought it was a great product, until my neck started to get really red and itchy. As it was only my neck and not my face, I thought it was due to the high temperatures we're facing this summer, so I used this product just one more time... It was enough for me to get tiny bumps aaaaall over my face, followed by redness and itchiness on the most sensitive areas. It's not comfortable, I couldn't sleep at night due to the itchiness and what's making me even more regretful is that I've been on this situation before and I remember that it ended up giving me the worst breakout I've ever had. I really do not recommend this, to some people it may actually work, but to those who have sensitive skin, there are other products better formulated and not that harsh on the skin... Don't make the same mistake I made. I've never written a review on MakeupAlley before, but I felt that I needed to alert people about this terrible face wash...

on 1/5/2015 9:42:00 AM

I love this product! Really helps to make your skin more even and soft - even helped calm down my breakouts a bit!

The only thing I'd say is that it won't make your spots/acne disappear completely but I've noticed that it's reduced mine significantly.

I will definitely keep repurchasing this!