Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash Pink Grapefruit Facial Cleanser

2.5

Active Ingredients: Salicylic Acid (2%) Inactive Ingredients: Water, Sodium C14 16 Olefin Sulfonate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Linoleamidopropyl, PG Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Polysorbate 20, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Extract, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Fruit Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Flower Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, C12 15 Alkyl Lactate, Cocamidopropyl PG Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Polyquaternium 7, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Benzotriazoyl Butylphenol Sulfonate, PEG 120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, PEG 80 Sorbitan Laurate, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Chloride, Benzalkonium Chloride, Red 40, Violet 2, Fragrance

Dries skin out like no other.so made my skin a total oil slick. Don't buy.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Honestly I don't think the name of this cleanser should even be called "Oil-free Acne Wash." It should just be called "Oil-free Grapefruit Wash." This cleanser did nothing to my skin to be honest. All this cleanser did was dry out my skin. There was no significant difference from the first day I had purchased this product. This cleanser claims to clear breakouts BUT AGAIN all it did was dry out my skin. But yes it does remove most dirt on the skin and pretty much all of the skins natural oil. I honestly feel this cleanser is not for people with troubled acne prone skin. I recommend this cleanser for people who get few breakouts once or twice a year or a couple of pimples on their period and are trying to get rid of a breakout! And TRUST ME I CLEANSED MY SKIN MANY TIMES I had this cleanser for about a month yet nothing happened. Don't buy this cleanser if you have acne prone skin ! IT WILL DO NOTHING!

No no no. Nope!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I hated this product. I bough it because I was breaking out quite a bit. All it did for me was break my skin out even more. It dried my skin out and even felt like it was burning my skin. The only thing I enjoyed about this product was the smell.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

This product is HORRIBLE... if anything it made my skin break out even more. I had used this product about a year back and I still remember it not working in any shape or form. My face, even though neither too oily or too dry, always felt extremely dry after using this product. I got deep, cystic acne or even small breakouts despite using this religiously every night. To be blunt, I do not recommend this product to anyone!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Do NOT use this if you have dry skin! This is one of the best cleansers I've tried, for oily skin. I love it, it clears my skin of blemishes within a few days. However, it is quite drying, which I don't mind (I do moisturise afterwards), but I would definently not recommend for dry/sensitive skin.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I personally haven't tried this but my sister has and wanted me to write this review on her behalf (we have similar skin types).

The only good thing about this product is the packaging. It looks pretty and has a pump.
My sister got this solely on the fact that its an "Oil Free Acne Wash". She was breaking out during the time and this face wash made it worst. It was harsh, felt like it burned and made the breakouts worst. She wanted to give it a go and used it for about 1 week.

After seeing this, I didnt want to try it out. She threw it out after.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

i've been using this cleanser for years. i wouldn't necessarily say it helps with acne, but i still have continued using it because it makes my face feel refreshed, does a good job of taking off makeup, and i love the smell. it's slightly expensive for a soap in my opinion but a bottle lasts a while because you only need a small amount of cleanser for each wash.

EDIT so i posted this review about a year ago and i was still using this cleanser up until about a month ago. i had been trying to switch up some of my skincare products because every product i tried would only slightly help clear up my acne. my cheeks and chin were completely covered in tiny "pimples" that would not go away no matter what. someone recommended that i stop using this cleanser because it was too harsh. i looked up some more reviews on this and apparently a lot of people say that this makes them break out. so i stopped using this and since then, my face is clearer than it has EVER been. i can't believe that i was using this for SO long when it was the culprit behind my worst skin issue. i think that this cleanser totally stripped my skin of moisture and allowed my pores to get clogged much more easily.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I was recomended this product and I was so excited to buy it with all the good reviews, but much to my despair after using it it left me with horrible dry skin. I had peeling dry patches and red rashes and I am not allergic to any of the ingredients! The dry patches took up most of my face and took atleast 2 months to return to normal. It takes a long time to foam and is hard to wash off. I'm very disappointed with this product :( it did leave my face clean though, but so do all cleansers I guess!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have been using this for a good 3 weeks now, I really like this it helps with my oily skin too, smells great and really cleans your skin, skin feels smooth & deeply cleansed. I only brought this product because I really love the neutrogena pink grapefruit moisturiser. The one I have got is the exact same as this but it doesn't state the word 'acne' on the bottle, but it's the exact same with the pump bottle. This really helps to prevent spots, it does this by drying out the skin so probably not a good thing if you have dry skin to start with, but should be fine for oily/combination skin types.