Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash Pink Grapefruit Facial Cleanser

2.5

Active Ingredients: Salicylic Acid (2%) Inactive Ingredients: Water, Sodium C14 16 Olefin Sulfonate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Linoleamidopropyl, PG Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Polysorbate 20, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Extract, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Fruit Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Flower Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, C12 15 Alkyl Lactate, Cocamidopropyl PG Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Polyquaternium 7, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Benzotriazoyl Butylphenol Sulfonate, PEG 120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, PEG 80 Sorbitan Laurate, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Chloride, Benzalkonium Chloride, Red 40, Violet 2, Fragrance

on 1/5/2015 9:42:00 AM

I love this product! Really helps to make your skin more even and soft - even helped calm down my breakouts a bit!

The only thing I'd say is that it won't make your spots/acne disappear completely but I've noticed that it's reduced mine significantly.

I will definitely keep repurchasing this!

This product was horrible. My skin was clear at this time. I used this product two days (morning and before bed) and when i woke up my face was so itchy and wouldnt stop itching. FYI, i used a moisterizer with this. The next day i woke up my face was scaly and red, also still very itchy. I stoped using it and had to go to the dermo. So this produch was a horrible experience..

on 12/15/2014 5:04:00 AM

I purchased this after seeing it was highly recommended by one of my favourite YouTube gals, Sinéad (aka TheMakeupChair). She raves about this wash in her videos as it being the only thing that helps with her acne and breakouts, so I was eager to give it a go. I quickly found a reasonably priced listing on eBay and bough it along with the moisturiser from the same range.

And then I came to MakeupAlley and read the reviews, and I was scared out of my mind. Oh *%$&, why had I wasted my money?

Thankfully my experience with the product is nothing like most reviews here. After reading the warnings about how it dries out the skin, I decided to follow an advice given by Sinéad in her videos: I dilute the product as much as I can. Meaning, I get my face dripping wet, and then I use very tiny amounts of product. I've been using it for a week and a half following this method, and I absolutely love it. It cleans my skin, hasn't caused any kind of irritation or dryness so far, and, most importantly, it clears my spots overnight. I do not have aggressive acne, but I tend to have small "colonies" of spots in my chin and forehead, and this has greatly helped to reduced them. I was especially impressed when it shrunk a huge red pimple I had growing on my chin - and this was the very first time I used it.

The only downside to this gel is the scent. It smells very "chemical", very artificial. It doesn't bother me so much as long as the product itself does what it should, but still, not pleasant. The packaging on the other hand is great, very hygienic.

on 12/12/2014 9:18:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This made my face feel dry if you have oily skin maybe this will work better for you

on 12/12/2014 11:19:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I need a good face wash that cleans off my makeup residue and doesn't irritate my skin. This irritates my skin and clogs my pores I would rather use water than this.

on 12/6/2014 9:31:00 PM

I did not like this product at all. after using it once, I found that my skin felt like it was stinging and was try after I finished washing my face. after a few days of use, my skin began to become very flaky and dry and painful. this lead to dry skin cells clogging my pores, creating more acne. My acne got a lot worse after using this product. I think that anyone who tries this product should have a veerrry heavy duty moisturizer on hand. As this cleanser is extremely drying.

on 11/23/2014 1:28:00 PM

I definitely love this product. M using it for a while and my blackheads disappeared. Cleaning my skin very well.

on 11/13/2014 1:33:00 AM

I bought the face wipes from this line and loved them; my chin, which is prone to acne, cleared up, my skin felt soft, and it was nice to have something quick and reliable on hand; the products smell wonderful and are beautifully packaged to boot. So, when I ran out of my normal cleanser, I decided to try this one; it's less expensive than my usual, which was a nice perk. I really wanted to love this cleanser and was so looking forward to seeing results, but I'm four days in and my skin is itchy and red and looks and feels burned. I'm seriously concerned about how long the damage will take to repair. I thought perhaps it was the change in the weather (it is windy and cold where I am) but my lips and body are fine; just my face is burned and itchy :( so sad. I'm not willing to continue to use a product that's burning my face just because I paid money for it, so it'll probably get thrown away. If your skin errs on the dry or sensitive side I wouldn't try this cleanser.

on 11/6/2014 4:46:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This is a horrible product for me. I have dry acne-prone skin and had seen good reviews about this cleanser and matching scrub so gave them ago. I had breakouts across my chin in a couple of days after using them twice a day and I had to use them up because I didn't want to waste any money. Very disappointed!

on 10/23/2014 3:07:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I can't believe the packaging suggests using this twice a day. Since my skin is sensitive, I thankfully did not; I used it once a day over two days and, like so many reviewers before, it ruined my skin. I had one (annoying, large) hormonal zit and now - even after abandoning the face wash a few days ago the problems are continuing to worsen - my entire face is bright red, incredibly dry, scaly, inflamed, my eyelids are puffed up, and the zit is monstrous, cracked and seeping. Applying anything stings like hell - soothing moisturisers, E45 cream, you name it, it hurts. Even lying on my pillow last night hurt and I had to put some ibuprofen gel on my cheekbones where the inflammation is worst (that stung too).

Somehow I misremembered reading good reviews of this product on here, which is why I bought it & believed it'd be okay even on my sensitive skin. I don't know what I got it mixed up with. Nothing has ever caused anywhere near this bad a reaction for me & I'm too embarrassed to leave the house. Awful, just awful.