Neutrogena Body Clear Body Wash - Pink Grapefruit

3.5

Active Ingredients: Salicylic Acid 2% Inactive: Water, Sodium C14-16 Olefin Sulfonate, Glycerin, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Acrylates Copolymer, Cocamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Polyquaternium 7, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Fruit Extract, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Chondrus Crisups (Carrageenan), Agar, Neopentyl Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Propylene Glycol, C12-15 Alkyl Lactate, Polysorbate 20, ALumina, Butylene Glycol, Polyvinyl Alcohol, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Chloride, Sodium Hydroxide, Benzalkonium Chloride, Sodium Benzotriazoyl Butylphenol Sulfonate, Titanium DIoxide, Iron Oxides, Red 30 Lake, Red 40, Violet 2, Mica, Fragrance (963-181)

on 11/21/2013 3:27:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Being a product junkie, I've wandered away from this body wash to try something new, only to quickly regret it and come back to using this. I'm prone to mild breakouts on my chest, back, and upper arms, and this helps keep them at bay. It smells heavenly - fresh, delicious, tangy, and slightly sweet. No medicinal undertone at all. I don't even like real grapefruit, but this stuff - I wish it came in a lotion or perfume form! My skin is naturally dry, and this doesn't seem to exacerbate the issue; I just use moisturizer after I shower. I've been using this body wash for years now, and have no desire to switch.

on 8/16/2013 6:33:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I am on my third bottle of this product and I absolutely love it. It smells really good, especially for an acne product. I use it on my back and chest area every time I shower and combined with the body clear body spray also by Neutrogena my bacne has almost completely disappeared. I can tell that this makes a difference because when I stopped using it for two weeks while on a trip my body acne came back. Overall I love this and will continue to repurchase. .

on 8/16/2013 2:43:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

As a teenager, I've dealt with many many many pimples. Pimples everywhere will pop out of no where. This year tons of pimples on my chest and a little bit of pimples on my back appeared. There were big red pimples and those small red pimples. I have used this before I was struck by a swarm of nasty pimples on my chest and I just remember that this really worked and it made my chest acne disappear in less than a week! So I decided to give it a try, once again.

I found this product at Target for $7 and it's 8.7 oz. And this is enough to last you for 3 whole months! And I mean it! 3 months! I've been using this since June and I use it everyday. Half a teaspoon can cover your entire back and chest if you add a little bit of water and lather it on. I never scrub because scrubbing can irritate your acne and it'll multiply (that's what happened to me the first time I used this) I usually let it sit on my chest and back for half a minute until I rinse it off. After 3 months, my chest and back is so freaking soft that it felt like a baby's butt! I used it for 3 months because I wanted my chest to be acne free all the time. So I recommend you to use it even though you don't have chest and back acne because Pimples come back! And I still have a little bit of the Body Wash left. This product really lasts a loooong time! I even bought another bottle :)
---------
#MY TIPS >>

*FOR FASTER RESULTS: What I do after I get out of the shower, if I still have small pimples on my chest & back, I put toothpaste on it. Toothpaste dries out pimples. Don't use the gel kind. Use the white kind because Gel toothpaste will burn you esp. on the face. (Don't even try to use Gel)

*GETTING RID OF ACNE SCARS: Mederma and Lemon Juice is the answer. Mederma is a scar gel that will get rid of acne scar or surgery scar. I tried this before and it made my Face and Chest Acne Scar disappear. But it'll take some time. Lemon Juice in the other hand, is a natural bleaching agent and it will make your scars fade away.
----
#THE 5 SENSES >>

*TOUCH: It has the consistency of honey but it's not sticky. There's beads in it too.

*SIGHT: Pink liquid with red beads in it. In the bottle it looks kind of Opaque but it's clear when you have some on your hands.

*TASTE: Don't even try to eat it.

*SMELL: It smells like grapefruit. The smell is so wonderful.

*HEARING: Very quiet.

----
#PROS:
- Smells Wonderful
- Works Like a Charm
- It will last you for 3 whole months
- Packaging is Good. (But it would've been Great if it was a pump. The bottle might slip out of my hands when I try to squeeze it)

#CONS:
-------None--------

on 7/13/2013 11:27:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I was surprised at how quickly this product worked for me. After the second use, my back ache was clearing up. My shoulders are so smooth now, I just wish the scars from the acne were gone too. Also, if you have sensitive skin around your lower back and thighs that break out from contact with rough materials such as jeans, I definitely recommend this. It's taking a little longer for it to clear up than my shoulders but I see much improvement.

on 6/6/2013 6:56:00 PM

This cleanser is the only thing that will keep my moderate chest acne at bay. It gently cleanses without overdoing it. Makes the skin feel so fresh and clean. And the smell is amazing! I use it for my back as well. This didn't seem to work at first. For the first month, actually. But after time, it showed what it could do.This is just one of those products that takes time to see the amazing results. Don't give up on it! I almost did, and I am so glad that I continued the everyday use. It does such an amazing job.

I bought this still after reading the reviews on this site because I thought, "What the hell."
First off, it's about seven or so dollars where alas the regular body clear wash is only about five, not that bad, but still.
Second, the smell. Now I know it can't smell all that great, but this smells like dish soap.
Third, what is actually does or should I say doesn't do. I've been using this for over two or three weeks now and I have noticed more and more ache on my shoulders than usual. When I used the regular body clear wash, it worked really well, but this does not even do anything for me. The beads are pretty much useless as well.
Overall, I'm pretty upset that I took a chance on this product, but at least now I know.

on 5/28/2013 1:37:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Other

First of all I just have to say this is a body wash not a body scrub. Some of the reviews give this product low lippies because it doesn't exfoliate enough, but it's not meant to exfoliate or scrub, it's a salicylic wash.

I have some minor acne on my shoulders at times, I'm not really sure what causes it but I wanted something that would take care of it. I got this in a package with two other pink grapefruit acne products, the face wash and the foaming scrub. It was around $15 Canadian which is a really great price for the three full size products.

I love this product! It smells like grapefruit which is a scent I really like. I have very dry skin so I use this maybe two-three times a week at the most because it is very drying. The main thing with this wash is to be patient! It takes a few days to begin to work, but within two weeks my acne is usually gone. I also leave it on longer in the shower than what is suggested. I leave it on my skin for a few minutes before washing it off, and always moisturize after using it.

on 5/17/2013 11:38:00 PM

Doesn't work and it dries out my back. I've used this product for over a month daily.

on 4/26/2013 1:26:00 AM

I absolutely love this stuff. I personally prefer the scent but I know a lot of people on here said they didn't like it... it smells citrus-y and clean in my opinion. Anyway, I have had HORRIBLE cystic acne on my back for YEARS. To the point I didn't wear tank tops or dresses because I was so ashamed of my acne. Well, I tried this stuff, and now my acne is completely gone. Seriously I went from all over extreme cystic acne to nothing. I occasionally get a zit on my back from working out, but this takes care of it and the zit vanishes in like three days. Everyone's skin type is different, but I have sensitive, acne prone skin, and about 90% of skin care products make me break out insanely, but this was one of the 10% that is a miracle product. :)

I have used this body wash for a month. Trust me it does not work at all :( :( there is no improvement. The salicylic beads get washed away with water. Also its pretty expensive..