October 22, 2014 | 1644 users online

Gels/Soaps - Neutrogena - Body Clear Body Wash - Pink Grapefruit

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2013 1:37:00 AM More reviews by rojetor

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

First of all I just have to say this is a body wash not a body scrub. Some of the reviews give this product low lippies because it doesn't exfoliate enough, but it's not meant to exfoliate or scrub, it's a salicylic wash.

I have some minor acne on my shoulders at times, I'm not really sure what causes it but I wanted something that would take care of it. I got this in a package with two other pink grapefruit acne products, the face wash and the foaming scrub. It was around $15 Canadian which is a really great price for the three full size products.

I love this product! It smells like grapefruit which is a scent I really like. I have very dry skin so I use this maybe two-three times a week at the most because it is very drying. The main thing with this wash is to be patient! It takes a few days to begin to work, but within two weeks my acne is usually gone. I also leave it on longer in the shower than what is suggested. I leave it on my skin for a few minutes before washing it off, and always moisturize after using it.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/17/2013 11:38:00 PM More reviews by danapark

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Doesn't work and it dries out my back. I've used this product for over a month daily.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2013 1:26:00 AM More reviews by jetsetterr

I absolutely love this stuff. I personally prefer the scent but I know a lot of people on here said they didn't like it... it smells citrus-y and clean in my opinion. Anyway, I have had HORRIBLE cystic acne on my back for YEARS. To the point I didn't wear tank tops or dresses because I was so ashamed of my acne. Well, I tried this stuff, and now my acne is completely gone. Seriously I went from all over extreme cystic acne to nothing. I occasionally get a zit on my back from working out, but this takes care of it and the zit vanishes in like three days. Everyone's skin type is different, but I have sensitive, acne prone skin, and about 90% of skin care products make me break out insanely, but this was one of the 10% that is a miracle product. :)

rated 1 of 5 on 3/21/2013 6:20:00 AM More reviews by nainasharma88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have used this body wash for a month. Trust me it does not work at all :( :( there is no improvement. The salicylic beads get washed away with water. Also its pretty expensive..

rated 3 of 5 on 2/18/2013 12:31:00 AM More reviews by wilddkat

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I like this body wash, but I don't love it. This year I have developed some pretty nasty acne all over my shoulder blades, so I brought this out of the cabinet and started doing five minute acne treatments by slathering this on my back while I conditioned my hair in the shower, along with using Differin 0.3 Gel (Rx) on the affected areas at night. I was under the impression that the scrub was working wonders, until recently I realized that the acne was more or less the same as it had been before. I'm going to have to go back to the dermatologist to get a stronger prescription product to use. This might work for people who have very very minor acne and blackheads on their body, or who just like the fruity grapefruit smell (which I do like).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/23/2012 8:30:00 AM More reviews by spinnaker

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This is my go to military training body wash, and it is creeping it's way into my everyday life!
When on training, your shower is your 10 minutes of sanity at 22:50 every night. You need to make the most of your time! And you are truly sweaty and gross in ways you had not previously thought possible.

This stuff smells awesome. Fresh, fruity, uplifting. Reminding you of a world existing beyond the fences, barricades, and MP's.

It foams up really well, has 2% SA and I can use it on my face and body, speeding up the cleansing process and not taking up precious space in my kit bag. One product, two uses.
This also keeps acne, face and body, at bay. From hormonal zits to those nasty ones under your sports bra, this worked wonders.

The smell doesn't last much past the shower. Which is a good thing in my opinion. The last thing I need is to smell like a grapefruit.
Story: I used a Secret Tropical deo while on training once. An NCO stopped me and asked me why I smelled like a pina colada and did I think that was an appropriate scent for an officer. In a loud voice, in front of my friends. Never again!

Now for home life: I still love this stuff. I still run and do alot of yoga, so this keeps my skin looking fresh and acne free, again both face and body. The smell is still lovely and doesn't interfere with my perfume.

This is cheap, readily available, with durable packaging. One bottle lasts me about 3 months.

Awesomeness in a bottle!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/22/2012 3:57:00 PM More reviews by serenityx3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been using this product for +6 months now and I have really noticed a decrease in acne on my back and shoulders. Initially, I was disappointed in this but then I realized it was actually working, I just had to be persistent in using it daily and have patient.
The results started showing up about +3 weeks into using it. The scars are dramatically less visible and the white heads were completely gone from my shoulders. My back however would still occasionally get white heads but not a lot.
Tips:
Be patient
Be persistent
Stray away from touching/scratching the white heads because it'll turn into red puffy pimples and that is a no no.
Pros:
Visibly erase scars
Decrease the amount of white heads and big red pimples that would surface
Smells good
Foams well
Would last +6 months
Cons:
Takes +3 weeks to show results
Smell doesn't last long

rated 2 of 5 on 11/26/2012 12:50:00 AM More reviews by tayodea

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Deep Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

Ugh...that's really all I can say. This product didn't improve my body acne at all.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/22/2012 10:57:00 PM More reviews by Xxkonixx

This body wash has cleared major breakout from my chest and back by 90%.....i took 1 lippy off because i still have white heads here and there.....it takes time to work so be patient and just use it faithfully and don't scrubbbb....i find alot of the times scrubing actually aggravate the skin with more breakoutsss.............

rated 3 of 5 on 11/6/2012 6:14:00 PM More reviews by ltarwater

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Helps with breakouts and smells better, IMO, than the original Neutrogena body clear - itís my go-to body wash during the hotter months. Itís too stripping for me to use in the winter as my skin gets drier as I get older. It's just a body wash, not a leave-on product, so don't expect it to work miracles by itself.