Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash pink grapefruit foaming scrub

2.9

Active Ingredients: Salicylic Acid (2% Acne Treatment) Inactive Ingredients: Water, Sodium C14 16 Olefin Sulfonate, Glycerin, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Polyethylene, Acrylates Crosspolymer, Carrageenan (Chondrus Crispus) (Carrageenan), C12 15 Alkyl Lactate, Disodium EDTA, Cocamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Fruit Peel Extract (Grapefruit), Polyquaternium 7, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Ascorbyl Palmitate (Vitamin C), Neopentyl Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Anthemis Nobilis (Roman Chamomile) Flower Extract, Polysorbate 20, Polyvinyl Alcohol, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Chloride, Benzalkonium Chloride, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Benzotriazoyl Butylphenol Sulfonate, Agar, Alumina, Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Sodium Hydroxide, Red 30 (CI 73360), Red 40 Lake (CI 16035), Violet 2, Fragrance

In my skincare routine I use a salicylic acid wash in the morning and I bounce around Neutrogena's products. Firstly, the smell is amazing. It's a decent physical exfoliator. I don't find it too rough and I use it daily. I'm trying to transition to more gentle cleansers however. Some cons, this isn't cruelty free, the beads in it are harmful for the environment, and honestly? It's just ok as far as salicylic acid cleansers go. It's average as far as that is concerned.

on 1/27/2015 3:24:00 PM

It smelled nice, but it did nothing for my skin. It helped take any excess makeup off though.

on 1/25/2015 4:02:00 PM

I used maybe 3 tubes of this in the past few years. I really love the scent! It smells so good and makes me happy when I use it. The beads a nice to help exfoliate your skin. However, I found that this product doesn't help improve my skin at all. It doesn't help with my acne prone skin or anything. I've stopped repurchasing this since it was just a waste of money. There are other Neutrogena face products out there that work a lot better.

on 12/26/2014 4:12:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I quite like this product! It's scent is awesome and it's affordable, only 4.50 where I purchase it from. I was looking for a weekly exfoliator and this is it. I learnt the hard way that I can't use it daily, it did break me out but twice weekly is wonderful. I prefer this to my Body Shop Vitamin C microdermabrasion scrub.

on 12/22/2014 1:05:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

This wash was super drying on my skin and the exfoliating beads were way too harsh; my skin was visibally dry after using it. It's a pretty average face wash and it works on me only if I use a lot of moisturizer after to counter the drying effect of the exfoliation. It smells really great and that's the best thing about this wash. It's probably better for people with oily skin, since it's super drying.

on 11/6/2014 4:50:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I bought this scrub along with the gel cleanser (which I absolutely hated) and I had high hopes for this product. It didn't really do anything for me and I was really disappointed as I actually thought it would do so,ething for my dry, acne-prone skin. The pair of them were my first Neutrogena products and they have put me off buying anything from their brand again!

on 10/31/2014 1:23:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

Leaves my oily skin feeling tight and clean, yet not dry. Foams up nicely. I mean it REALLY leaves my skin feeling clean. I have oily, Mediterranean skin which clogs easily and is not my strong point. Only problem is the intense smell - it does smell exactly like pink grapefruit (which is fine), but they have added fragrance to this, so it's not natural. Also too much Red coloring. Due to the crazy fragrance and dyes, I would not repurchase. I got a sample size of this in a GWP at Ulta.

on 9/29/2014 12:19:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

this is a great scrub for those who have dry skin because of it gentle and small scrubbies thing lol. it actually exfoliates without the dry/too tight after feel.
unfortunately it gave me small bumps on my skin :(
fortunately it wasnt so expensive for me to throw away... unfortunately

on 9/27/2014 7:00:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse

WORST FACE WASH! I have struggled with acne since 6th grade and I'm currently in 11th and this product just dried my skin up which is weird since i have oily skin ! It broke me out even more. The smell is great and the price is good as well which made me even more disappointed that this product didn't work! wouldn't ever buy again!!!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

I've been using this for a couple days now, i have noticed a difference in my break out. most of my pimples have went away but i think its making my face pretty dry but i can get over that since its the first thing ive had that helps my breakouts. there used to be one that was green but i haven't been able to find it in about a year. I got two dollars of this product, so the price was okay. i'm not sure if i will buy it again, i might try something else but if you use it, be sure to apply some kind of moisturizer afterwards.