Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash pink grapefruit foaming scrub

2.9

Active Ingredients: Salicylic Acid (2% Acne Treatment) Inactive Ingredients: Water, Sodium C14 16 Olefin Sulfonate, Glycerin, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Polyethylene, Acrylates Crosspolymer, Carrageenan (Chondrus Crispus) (Carrageenan), C12 15 Alkyl Lactate, Disodium EDTA, Cocamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Fruit Peel Extract (Grapefruit), Polyquaternium 7, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Ascorbyl Palmitate (Vitamin C), Neopentyl Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Anthemis Nobilis (Roman Chamomile) Flower Extract, Polysorbate 20, Polyvinyl Alcohol, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Chloride, Benzalkonium Chloride, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Benzotriazoyl Butylphenol Sulfonate, Agar, Alumina, Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Sodium Hydroxide, Red 30 (CI 73360), Red 40 Lake (CI 16035), Violet 2, Fragrance

on 12/22/2014 1:05:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

This wash was super drying on my skin and the exfoliating beads were way too harsh; my skin was visibally dry after using it. It's a pretty average face wash and it works on me only if I use a lot of moisturizer after to counter the drying effect of the exfoliation. It smells really great and that's the best thing about this wash. It's probably better for people with oily skin, since it's super drying.

on 11/6/2014 4:50:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I bought this scrub along with the gel cleanser (which I absolutely hated) and I had high hopes for this product. It didn't really do anything for me and I was really disappointed as I actually thought it would do so,ething for my dry, acne-prone skin. The pair of them were my first Neutrogena products and they have put me off buying anything from their brand again!

on 10/31/2014 1:23:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

Leaves my oily skin feeling tight and clean, yet not dry. Foams up nicely. I mean it REALLY leaves my skin feeling clean. I have oily, Mediterranean skin which clogs easily and is not my strong point. Only problem is the intense smell - it does smell exactly like pink grapefruit (which is fine), but they have added fragrance to this, so it's not natural. Also too much Red coloring. Due to the crazy fragrance and dyes, I would not repurchase. I got a sample size of this in a GWP at Ulta.

on 9/29/2014 12:19:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

this is a great scrub for those who have dry skin because of it gentle and small scrubbies thing lol. it actually exfoliates without the dry/too tight after feel.
unfortunately it gave me small bumps on my skin :(
fortunately it wasnt so expensive for me to throw away... unfortunately

on 9/27/2014 7:00:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse

WORST FACE WASH! I have struggled with acne since 6th grade and I'm currently in 11th and this product just dried my skin up which is weird since i have oily skin ! It broke me out even more. The smell is great and the price is good as well which made me even more disappointed that this product didn't work! wouldn't ever buy again!!!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

I've been using this for a couple days now, i have noticed a difference in my break out. most of my pimples have went away but i think its making my face pretty dry but i can get over that since its the first thing ive had that helps my breakouts. there used to be one that was green but i haven't been able to find it in about a year. I got two dollars of this product, so the price was okay. i'm not sure if i will buy it again, i might try something else but if you use it, be sure to apply some kind of moisturizer afterwards.

on 7/18/2014 3:27:00 AM

I am on my third bottle of this I absolutely love this stuff!! I had the old version first and loved it, I thought it cleansed my oily t-zone without drying out my face. I found with this wash my pimples reduced dramatically! After I completely used up my first bottle I was determined to try out the newer one that claimed to foam up more and was in a hard plastic bottle. I expected great things from it but sadly I was disappointed. I didn't like this one as much as it didn't reduce my pimples at all and I feel it dried out my skin, I always had to moisturise after I used it as it made my skin feel extremely tight. After I finished up that bottle I went back to the old version and it was just as great as before. I also prefer the scent of this one. I would really recommend this for anyone who has combination skin as it makes your skin feel lovely and clean but dosen't dry out the rest of your skin.

I hope this review helped :)

on 7/11/2014 5:46:00 AM

Hair: Red, Other, Medium

I love this! I think it makes my skin feel fresh and more clear, even though I have good skin to begin with. I don't use it everyday, but a couple of times a week if I remember it. I wet my face a bit, then massage just a little bit of this starting from my nose and out onto my cheeks, chin and forehead. The only place where I get small pimples is on my forehead. I feel that when I use this it makes them go away a lot quicker!
I love the smell, it's very fresh and not too sweet or citrus-y, the pink color is cute. The only downside is that it leaves my skin feeling a little (very little) tight sometimes. But I don't find that to be an issue really. So I very much recommend this! But maybe don't use it twice everyday as the packaging says.

on 7/4/2014 7:23:00 PM

I think it's a mixed review. Some people hate it, some people love it. I think if you have really high hopes for something obviously you're going to get disappointed at least to some extent. I've been using this product on and off for about 7 years. I have really good skin except for the occasional pimple/irritated blackheads, but this helps tone down my oil production while keeping my pores clean enough. My biggest skin problem is blackheads, and using this once a day really helps. I try not to use it twice a day because I have sensitive/dry skin, and this product is stronger than normal. I love using it in the morning because the beads and the grapefruit really do wake up my skin. I wouldnt recommend it for those who have sensitive skin or for those who are suffering from strong acne. My sister has acne problems and she doesnt like using this product since it tends to overdry her skin. But what can you do? I think its obligatory to put on lotion everyday, especially the ones with spf.
In all, its not the best face wash in the world but in my opinion, it's a pretty good staple to return to when all your other face washes you've tried have failed.

I can honestly say that I have near perfect skin. It gets oily if I've been out all day or I might get a blemish or two around that time of the month but other than that my face is usually clear. My friend told me this product was amazing and she swore by it so I decided I would try it. After the second time using it I noticed how dry my skin was. But I didn't think it was the wash. I've used it maybe 5 times now and my face from the eyes down. Is red, dry, cracking and has these little tiny bumps all over it. It is painful. It itches and looks horrible. I've tried a lot of different face washes and none have ever done anything like this to my skin. I would never use this again or recommend it to anyone I know!! It's horrible and a waste of money!

Popular Scrubs