MAC Glamour Check!

4.8

on 8/18/2010 4:34:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Love it! I feel like a glamour girl wearing this! I love to wear rice paper underneath and then a swipe of glamour check!

on 8/10/2010 11:12:00 AM

Picked mine up at CCO a while back, and didn't pull it out to really use until recently. I do remember liking the swatch alot when I tried it out at the store, but when I got home it looked like such an intimidating red/burgundy in the pot.. therefore it sadly got pushed to the bottom of my bag for a while. When I saw someone using it on a look they did, my interest was renewed.. and for good reason! I pulled it out and played with it for a few different looks and I must say.. LOVE!! It really goes on my lids more like a deep rich brown with a kick. I have tried it with many different shadows, using it mostly in the crease and/or outer V for a smoky, lovely effect. I can't believe I neglected this one for so long, and I would def. buy a backup if I came across one. Gorgeous!

on 8/9/2010 9:31:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I've always thought I couldn't pull off reddish tone eyeshadows but this really works on me! This is a deep shimmery burgundy reddish brown shade. I saw this being reviewed on YouTube and I got curious but it's limited edition and not available anymore. I ordered mine off ebay for $11 and I don't regret it. It actually doesn't show up too red, more of a warm brown but I like that. When it's too reddish it just makes me look tired. This is the perfect neutral but adds a bit of warmth to your eyes and makes it glow. I also love how this isn't too sparkly, a lot of shimmer shadows are way too sparkly once on but this one, like all of MAC shadows, has the perfect amount of shimmer without going overboard. Love this! Too bad it's not part of the permanent collection but this will last me forever since I rarely hit pan with eyeshadows.
UPDATE: Still love this, I wear it almost everyday but I recently discovered an awesome dupe for this. It's Revlon's Luxurious Color in Shimmering Sienna. I keep finding exact MAC dupes from this new line. The Shimmering SIenna is pretty much exactly the same shade as Glamour Check. If you love Glamour Check but don't want to find it online, Revlon version is so much cheaper and of course it's readily available at any drugstore and Glamour Check was a limited edition and is no longer sold.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I picked this up at my local CCO and I must say I am in love. I wear it as a crease color, lid color, and outer v (I am NC42 for reference). I just love the texture. So velvety smooth. I will probably purchase a back up next time I'm at the CCO.

on 3/26/2010 4:41:00 AM

I love this eyeshadow, its one of my favorites! Blends like a dream and works well with any looks.

The texture of Glamous Check is unreal. So soft, it looks good enough to eat. I use it to deepen neutral looks and it's truly a beautiful colour. Not quite brown, just a hint of red.

on 3/24/2010 7:35:00 PM

Hair: Other, Curly, Fine

I love this color! When I realized this color wasn't part of the permament MAC collection, I went back and bought two more Glamour Checks! Sometimes I wear this color all over as a smokey look or in my crease and it is soooooooooooo easy to blend.

on 3/24/2010 7:14:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

This is a very pretty eyeshadow. The texture being a star flash is really creamy, Blends with no effort at all.

on 3/12/2010 1:32:00 AM

MAC Glamour Check has to be the most awesome color MAC has ever made! I wear this almost everyday, it goes with everything. I apply it and vanilla to my brow bone and i swear it looks like I'm wearing like five different colors! That's how prismatic this color is. It looks like bronze, browns, and pinks all in one! I bought three since I love it so much. I don't know what I'll do when I run out :(

Skin: Other, Tan, Warm

Extremely blendable and smooth. The color is amazing, a gorgeous reddish brown, and although I bought it to wear with darker nighttime looks, I find myself reaching for it during the day, too. It's really versatile and a beautiful color.

Popular Eye Shadows