April 19, 2014 | 1565 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Sephora - Anti-Shine Primer

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2012 1:54:00 PM More reviews by cron

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

I have been using this for many years and I absolutely love it! I apply this on top of my moisturiser, then concealer if needed, MAC Blot powder and that's me. I get zero shine for 3 hours, then need a little touch up during lunch time... which I can handle. I don't know how this works under foundation as I don't wear any but if you just use powder, this is the product for you. I buy them in lots of three because the nearest Sephora from me is cca 60 miles :) Worth every penny!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/7/2012 10:27:00 AM More reviews by sapphireglitter25

I bought this product expecting that my makeup would stay on all day and my face would have no oil for 8 hours (that's what the package says!). This product did the exact opposite. My face got even more oily and in addition, I started to break out! I finally got rid of my acne and now I had four large blemishes on my face as a result of using this product for only two days! My skin is much better off without it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2012 3:47:00 AM More reviews by sitknee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This primer does a good job of keeping oil at bay, but it's at a rather hefty price...

To begin, this product reminds me of Philosophy's Present because both make it rather difficult to blend your make-up in. Blending the primer into your skin is no problem, but trying to get my foundation on is almost impossible. What ends up happening is I get this patchy, badly-blended look that makes my face look like a mask.

The only good thing is that this is good at keeping oil away. I mean, it lasts a solid 2 hours at least. After that, you do get oily, but it's not as bad as no primer or bad primer. Similarly, I find that the fact that it helps keep oil away, also means it helps with oxidation. I was shocked to see that one of my foundations, which always turns dark on me, actually stayed the right color.

I've come to the conclusion that although the oil control is pretty good, it's not like it lasts all day. Not to mention, it's so difficult trying to blend make-up. It's like it eats up all the moisture/oil the minute you try to spread your foundation.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/6/2012 9:12:00 PM More reviews by cass559

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

helped to keep makeup in place, but did not help with shine. skin was still really oily and shiny.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/2/2012 12:41:00 PM More reviews by Princesseren

I have a combination skin and Smashbox, Urban Decay and Lancome primers have not done anything for me. This is the only primer that keeps my makeup (regardless of the quality of the foundation) intact for about hours. No retouching needed. This product is not meant for blending though. You need to apply it directly to your face and as fast as possible, since once it dries it will not move unless you wash it off. Once it is dry, apply your foundation, and it will be a smooth application. I would not recommend this for dry skins and if you have dry cheeks and oily T-zone, I would advice to use two different primers.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/31/2011 9:28:00 PM More reviews by orcuttjm

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

Tried a sample of this product after my last visit to Sephora. I've been looking for a good primer to smooth out my skin, give flawless makeup application, and keep my makeup looking fresh throughout the day. The SA recommended this primer for oily skin, and sent me home with a sample. This was not the primer I'm looking for. It goes on nice and smooth, and has a nice texture. Makeup application afterwards is good. This primer just looks terrible by the end of the day. I walked by a mirror and was surprised at how haggard I looked. Even worse than makeup alone without primer. Oil control was zero, and my makeup looked terrible. It's like the fine lines on my face turned into deep wrinkles. And I'm 28! I'm glad I got a free sample of this, because it would have been a waste of money. Will not be purchasing.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/29/2011 11:37:00 PM More reviews by heythereshayla

This primer did make me break out due to my sensitive skin, but the packaging was very good for not getting bacteria in the tube. And It did seem to keep my makeup on for about 6 or so hours.
It does dry on your face fast, but it doesnt give you a dry feeling. Its refreshing. I would be using this primer if i didn't break out from it :(
I bought it for $24 (Canadian) which seems a bit pricey, but for something from sephora, wasnt too bad of a price.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/22/2011 10:11:00 PM More reviews by RandomQuestion

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this primer under the recommendation of a sale associate at Sephora. I usually have normal to dry skin. Recently though I`ve noticed my T zone to be oilier then normal. I told the sales associate about my skin.(oily t zone dry-ish cheeks). She recommended this primer. The first day i was sooo excited to use it. I put it on and then started applying my foundation. I could not blend it! My foundation would not move! After a lot of tugging and pulling I finally got it on. On my way to work I realized how dry my whole face felt. Through out the day I noticed my t-zone was still really oily. The next day I tried the primer again with a different foundation. SAME THING!!! my t zone is just as oily as ever if not worse. The primer has made my fine lines even MORE visible and now I have huge dry spots on my cheeks. I am SOOO upset!! I will NEVER EVER buy this foundation again! Mind you this is only my opinion and my experience.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2011 4:52:00 PM More reviews by jskellis

Important note: my face spews out oil faster than deepwater horizon. That said, this is the only primer I've ever found that keeps my face matte for over an hour. Actually, it lasts a solid 2-2.5 hours without need for blotting. This is a miracle for my face, I imagine others who aren't as oily as me would last much longer.

There is one downfall- I can't get it to work with sunscreen so I can only use it at night :( It doesn't work well with concealers either, but with patience you can manage to get them to blend decently. Normally I would take off 2 stars for these problems, but the fact that it mattifys so well, which no other product has been able to do for me, makes it deserve the both its name and 4 stars.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/2/2011 10:24:00 PM More reviews by mas1958

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I'm always searching for a good primer and this is just slightly better than ok. The SA recommended it to me when I complained about the price of Smashbox primer. It works fairly well, but it makes my clinique foundation really hard to blend. Still need to blot frequently throughout the day. When I'm done with this tube, I'm probably going to go back to Smashbox Light. It's twice the price of the Sephora brand, but it works better and my skin looks better with the Smashbox.