October 30, 2014 | 1515 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Avon - MagiX Face Perfector

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 on 6/22/2013 11:12:00 AM More reviews by lcvp104

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I use L'oreal True Match Liquid Make-Up and while I love it's buildable coverage and all the color options that allow me to find a perfect match to my tone... it doesn't last very long, even when I set it with powder. So, I was browsing through my co-worker's Avon catalog and this just called out to me. It seemed so lovely, promised much and was on special for like $5! I bought it, and fell in love with the cute little tube. Squeezed it out, and rubbed it on my face. Felt a bit grainy,but also smooth,and i thought "Heck, it's exfoliating me too". My face felt baby smooth, though I didn't notice much evening out of my skintone. Then again, that's what foundation is for. I applied my make-up, it went on smoothly, though after it looked a bit cakey-er than usual. I used my setting spray, and it mostly fixed it, but something still looked off (grainy?) Whatever. A few hours pass, and it's like I never wore any primer. My make-up is fading out same as always. Gave it another try afterwards, using more primer. This time my make-up did last a little more, but it always looked grainy, despite my smoothing/buffing and setting spray. Overall, this product promised me much, and delivered little. In the end, I only kept it for the SPF.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/31/2013 8:22:00 PM More reviews by Katmetology

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product is excellent at first glance, in fact I didn't even notice its flaws until a couple months after I started using it.

The texture is amazing; it's like smoothing cashmere over your face. It starts out creamy and blends in like a fine powder to even out complexion. Unfortunately, that's about all it does. It doesn't conceal, it doesn't control oil, and worst of all, it doesn't even stay long to do what it's meant to do - which I learned eventually is to prime.

By itself, it's okay, but try to put anything on top of it and watch your pores grow to the size of saucers. Somehow, it makes any other product sink into pores, which is definitely not what I expect a primer to do.

I don't know what to call this really, but whatever it is, I wouldn't buy it again.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/20/2013 7:20:00 PM More reviews by Fabiexo

There's something about this product, that keeps me using it over and over again. Iv'e been struggling with my skin latley, and breaking out on my cheeks and forehead. So i'm deciding to restart applying foundaiton, to hide my imperfections. I don't know if it's a good idea but anyway. I have a love and hate relationship w/ this product. I love it because of it's capability to keep my makeup in place, but I hate the texture. It really depends of what type of skin the person has. If you have sensitive skin I wouldn't recommend it. If you have a pretty ''thick'' skin, you might as well try it. My skin is in between easily irrated and thick, and this product makes me feel like i'm just causing my skin to break out.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2013 1:30:00 PM More reviews by spaflam

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Just started using this product and so far no "fishy" smell as others have said. Light weight and seems OK so far - much cheaper than Smashbox Photo-finish but not quite as thick - so I will update this review to see how it goes. Very cheap (7.99 on sale from 9.99).

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2013 12:48:00 AM More reviews by Tdiamond

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this stuff!!! I have several tubes of this. I love the sun protection. This has a very unique texture, it is gel-powder and it is like velvet. This really makes a difference on my skin. You can even wear it alone to even your skin without using makeup. This is not an option for me as I need more coverage but for those that really like a natural look it my work for you. This does a good job filling pores and acne scars along with fine lines. This helps my foundation last. This has a nice scent, I personally like the baby fresh scent but if you are sensitive to smells it may be a turn off. You can't beat the price it is under $10 a tube.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2013 6:28:00 PM More reviews by bfish14

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am on my seventh or eighth tube of this stuff! I have very oily skin and this primer is the only one that doesn't make it worse. It has a powdery consistency that feels rather peculiar at first but once it is applied it does wonders. It fills in my pores, reduces shine, and keeps my makeup in place. I'll continue to buy this as long as possible :)

rated 4 of 5 on 4/5/2013 7:33:00 AM More reviews by ilovepeterrabbit404

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

This really is like a powder , it mattifies everything , preps my face for make up and glides on so smoothly it feels like velvet. A bit pricey for what you get but if you limit use on it , this product is so worth the price.:)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2013 9:11:00 PM More reviews by librawitch

Love this primer. I usually wear it under my foundation but sometimes I like to wear it alone because it smooths out the fine lines on my forehead and has visibally reduced the size of my pores. I would highly recommend this to anyone looking for a good, reasonably priced primer.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2013 9:01:00 PM More reviews by Elektraza86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am in love with the illuminating perfector. It makes my skin look great, but it doesn't really last. I decided to try this one because it was I sale for $9.99. It smells good. It's an interesting consistency too. It's like gel-powder. I was hesitant of this. I applied it and it felt like a dream. My foundation went on nice as well. I only got slightly shined after running around all day shopping and taking my daughter to and from school. (On foot) this does the job. It's better than any other primer type product I've tried. I recommend this for the price too. I love Avon though! I own pretty much everything from them. :)

rated 1 of 5 on 3/25/2013 2:51:00 PM More reviews by PaintInkChick

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Green

Ugh! I think I've used this Maybe 2x & after the 1st had to force myself to try it again. I got this after seeing a YT guru,Woc use it & say how much she liked it. It's suppose to be a cream to powder primer,but idk what the consitsy it is. Like a dry,cream..but not gel. It felt gritty ¬ at all smooth going on. I have pretty good skin,but once on it seems dry in certain spots or made my skin appear that way. Like a had bad,dry areas or patches & looked ashy in certain spots. And yes,this was applied over mositurized skin,but I didn't find it "brown girl" or my skin friendly. So even though the Avon lady took a dollar or so off the price,I Will NOT be getting this again & will just pass it along.