Avon MagiX Face Perfector

3.7

Active Ingredients: OCTINOXATE 7.5% OCTISALATE 4.0% Other Ingredients: DIMETHICONE CYCLOPENTASILOXANE CELLULOSE CYCLOMETHICONE CETEARYL DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER ALUMINA ACRYLATES/DIMETHICONE COPOLYMER SILICA NYLON-12 HDI/TRIMETHYLOL HEXYLLACTONE CROSSPOLYMER C30-45 ALKYL METHICONE C30-45 OLEFIN PEG/PPG-20/23 DIMETHICONE LAURYL PEG-9 POLYDIMETHYLSILOXYETHYL DIMETHICONE CAPRYLYL GLYCOL DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER POLYETHYLENE BORON NITRIDE PARFUM/FRAGRANCE TOCOPHEROL

on 10/5/2013 3:25:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

I'm 56, with super oily, acne prone skin. I'm full of huge pores, acne scars & now red veins. What a mess! so I use full coverage foundation, my favourite being Estee Lauder Double wear. I have tried pore minimising primers (Benefit, Bellapierre, Clinique, Olay, Boots, MAC) and Avon Magix Primer/Pore perfector is by far the best for me! I've been buying it for the past 5 years. I gave it 4 lippies, not 5, because even though it is the best, my pores are still visible & my face becomes an oil slick after 4 to 5 hours (2 hours without this primer!). However, my pores look much reduced with this product. I carry it with me as my face gets very oily after 4 hours & I apply it over my T area & it mattifies & freshens the complexion without smearing whatever foundation is still there. If my pores are still too visible after applying the foundation, I just work it in more into the pores with my finger tip or add a little more. Using powder afterwards to set everything reduces the appearance of pores even further. I also really like the decent SPF in this product!

on 9/25/2013 11:03:00 AM

I can't make this stuff work with liquid foundation. I have large pores, and it tends to make liquids pool or cake in my pores.

BUT... this stuff performs WONDERS under powder foundation. It improves powder's coverage and just makes my face look smoother and softer. When I wear this under powder foundation, I get compliments on my complexion all the time. AND it keeps oil under control enough that I can go the entire day without having to do a touch-up.

on 9/16/2013 5:22:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

OILY SKIN TYPES STAY AWAY!!!!!
this did nothing to keep my face oil free throughout the day. i had to touch up 3-4 times every day!!! its rubbish
price isnt bad esp if u get if off somewhere like ebay but its not worth it for me
no no!

on 6/22/2013 11:12:00 AM

I use L'oreal True Match Liquid Make-Up and while I love it's buildable coverage and all the color options that allow me to find a perfect match to my tone... it doesn't last very long, even when I set it with powder. So, I was browsing through my co-worker's Avon catalog and this just called out to me. It seemed so lovely, promised much and was on special for like $5! I bought it, and fell in love with the cute little tube. Squeezed it out, and rubbed it on my face. Felt a bit grainy,but also smooth,and i thought "Heck, it's exfoliating me too". My face felt baby smooth, though I didn't notice much evening out of my skintone. Then again, that's what foundation is for. I applied my make-up, it went on smoothly, though after it looked a bit cakey-er than usual. I used my setting spray, and it mostly fixed it, but something still looked off (grainy?) Whatever. A few hours pass, and it's like I never wore any primer. My make-up is fading out same as always. Gave it another try afterwards, using more primer. This time my make-up did last a little more, but it always looked grainy, despite my smoothing/buffing and setting spray. Overall, this product promised me much, and delivered little. In the end, I only kept it for the SPF.

on 5/31/2013 8:22:00 PM

This product is excellent at first glance, in fact I didn't even notice its flaws until a couple months after I started using it.

The texture is amazing; it's like smoothing cashmere over your face. It starts out creamy and blends in like a fine powder to even out complexion. Unfortunately, that's about all it does. It doesn't conceal, it doesn't control oil, and worst of all, it doesn't even stay long to do what it's meant to do - which I learned eventually is to prime.

By itself, it's okay, but try to put anything on top of it and watch your pores grow to the size of saucers. Somehow, it makes any other product sink into pores, which is definitely not what I expect a primer to do.

I don't know what to call this really, but whatever it is, I wouldn't buy it again.

on 5/20/2013 7:20:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

There's something about this product, that keeps me using it over and over again. Iv'e been struggling with my skin latley, and breaking out on my cheeks and forehead. So i'm deciding to restart applying foundaiton, to hide my imperfections. I don't know if it's a good idea but anyway. I have a love and hate relationship w/ this product. I love it because of it's capability to keep my makeup in place, but I hate the texture. It really depends of what type of skin the person has. If you have sensitive skin I wouldn't recommend it. If you have a pretty ''thick'' skin, you might as well try it. My skin is in between easily irrated and thick, and this product makes me feel like i'm just causing my skin to break out.

on 5/16/2013 1:30:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Just started using this product and so far no "fishy" smell as others have said. Light weight and seems OK so far - much cheaper than Smashbox Photo-finish but not quite as thick - so I will update this review to see how it goes. Very cheap (7.99 on sale from 9.99).

on 5/5/2013 12:48:00 AM

I love this stuff!!! I have several tubes of this. I love the sun protection. This has a very unique texture, it is gel-powder and it is like velvet. This really makes a difference on my skin. You can even wear it alone to even your skin without using makeup. This is not an option for me as I need more coverage but for those that really like a natural look it my work for you. This does a good job filling pores and acne scars along with fine lines. This helps my foundation last. This has a nice scent, I personally like the baby fresh scent but if you are sensitive to smells it may be a turn off. You can't beat the price it is under $10 a tube.

on 4/25/2013 6:28:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

I am on my seventh or eighth tube of this stuff! I have very oily skin and this primer is the only one that doesn't make it worse. It has a powdery consistency that feels rather peculiar at first but once it is applied it does wonders. It fills in my pores, reduces shine, and keeps my makeup in place. I'll continue to buy this as long as possible :)

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

This really is like a powder , it mattifies everything , preps my face for make up and glides on so smoothly it feels like velvet. A bit pricey for what you get but if you limit use on it , this product is so worth the price.:)