December 19, 2014 | 885 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Make Up For Ever - HD Microperfecting Primer in 0 Neutral

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 4/29/2013 7:48:00 AM More reviews by alyssian

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Someone gave this to me as a birthday gift and I must say I am very satisfied with this product. My makeup stayed on longer and didn't budge even at the middle of the day. I liked how just the right amount of product comes out so you really get just enough and don't let any of it go to waste. Wouldn't buy one again pretty soon though since I find it a bit too expensive and I'd rather splurge on other skin care.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/28/2013 11:45:00 AM More reviews by maggiethebeagle

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like the texture and scent of this primer. It does not break me out. The packaging is great with the pump & plastic bottle. The only thing I haven't figured out yet is if it is my makeup or the primer that is causing the creasing on my chin & around my nose. Foundation is UD Naked Skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/25/2013 4:09:00 AM More reviews by Littlemango

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I was using blue and the sales lady gave me netural by mistake so I tried. The texture is smoother for neutral. My make up stays longer, create a effective barrier between my skin and make up - I experience lesser black heads and outbreak .. which I m quite surprise. I am in my 5th bottles already anyway. the only down side is there is no spf to it.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/8/2013 4:12:00 PM More reviews by JLeroux

This primer is fine, but nothing special. It works as well as pretty much every other primer I've tried on my combination skin. However, this one doesn't have SPF, which to me is a negative. Since this primer isn't any better or cheaper than others, I'll probably go with another product next time.

Overall: Fine, but doesn't do anything unique and isn't competitively priced.
Value: Not great. For primers, it's on the expensive side of average and doesn't perform any better. There are probably other primers that will work equally well that are cheaper.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2013 10:14:00 PM More reviews by mandiluk

I completely agree with the previous review. I got a small sample and really liked how i smoothed out my skin and made foundation glide on. It def made my makeup stay on longer but having been exposed to MUFE's bottles, I'm not a big fan of not knowing how much product is left and that the pump is really hard to use when you get to the bottom of the bottles.

I would want a bigger sample to try and give it another shot.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2012 11:28:00 PM More reviews by angellove1705

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I got a sample of this. I have previously used the Green, but never the neutral. This is not a bad primer. I was impressed that I did not need much and got 3 uses out of one sample packet. I do think it helped moisturize and smooth out my skin. I am just not sure if it is worth the price tag. I am not a fan of the bottles. It is hard to see how much is left and the bottle lids do not twist off for you to get it all out.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/14/2012 9:51:00 AM More reviews by LilWoodSprite

I liked this & thought I had found a primer I could stick with but it is making me break out. The search continues...

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2012 12:37:00 PM More reviews by Menolikepolos

NW10-15 (neutral-cool toned, very fair), blue eyes, Color season is True Summer, Baumann Skin Type is OSPW.

I used this in conjunction with the Make Up For Ever HD Foundation. Both were samples from Sephora.

Having tried a number of primers (my HG NARS Pro Prime, BE Primer, MAC Prep + Prime, Korres Silicone Free, Lancome La Base Pro, Cinema Secrets Ultimate), this one did not stand out, for better or worse. I would recommend trying it as a sample if you are in love with the Make Up For Ever HD Foundation just to see if it makes a positive difference using the two products as a pair.

I like to wear sunscreen every day as part of my skin care routine. I have combination skin, and don't like to add too many layers underneath my foundation, so I love it if my primers accomplish these goals:
1) creates a smooth surface to apply my foundation and makes my foundation look better than without the primer;
2) takes the place of moisturizer for my dry cheeks;
3) acts as oil control for my T-zone;
4) has enough sunscreen to take the place of an additional sunscreen layer;
5) and makes my foundation last longer than without the primer.

Did this primer do that?
1) yes;
2) not really - my cheeks looked dry after I set the foundation with powder (but this could be the foundation's issue too);
3) decent but not amazing oil control;
4) does not have sunscreen : (
5) and I felt this foundation did not last on my face at all! with or without primer.

I am glad I got the sample to try, but will not be purchasing the foundation or the primer.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/28/2012 6:56:00 PM More reviews by scmoonster

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this primer as part of the HD Complexion Starter Kit. I really just wanted the Kabuki brush and setting powder included in the kit. As such, I can't comment much on the price. I do like the primer and really like the light scent. As other reviewers have mentioned, it doesn't contain silicone and is more moisturizing. I tend to have dry skin, so it absorbed quickly and is not a problem mixing with my Dior Totale concentrate serum and Hydra-Life Pro-Youth Fluid with SPF (I hate when products don't mix and start rubbing off). I use BE powders and they apply evenly over this, no graininess. It sets in place and my face stays soft and smooth all day with no stickiness or blotches. Maybe this product works better for dryer skin types as it does feel more moisturizing.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/27/2012 5:25:00 PM More reviews by Sjez

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love MUFE, and this product was a pleasure to use, but it's too expensive to not be amazing. This was the first primer I ever purchased, but to make my makeup stay (and I mean really, really stay) I used Philosophy's The Present.

Pros: Smells amazing, feels amazing (like a light lotion rather than silicone) on the skin and moisturizes quite well. Comes in a hygienic pump bottle that lets you get at all the product inside.

Cons: Although makeup goes on better over the primer, it does no better at priming or extending wear than a moisturizing lotion. Expensive for a fancy moisturizing lotion!