December 19, 2014 | 1454 users online

Fragrances - Parlux - Jessica Simpson - Fancy

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2014 2:16:00 PM More reviews by silkpuppet

This fragrance has been recommended to me dozens of times. My staple scents include diptyque Eau Duelle, TM Angel, Dior Addict, and shamefully, BS Fantasy. I live for vanilla, I swoon for gourmand, so this has always seemed like an ideal scent for me. On my body chemistry, I do not get any of the decadent caramel and almond for which Fancy is famed. Instead, the pear and apricot notes are front and center. The initial spray was very synthetic and sharp to my nose, was not pleased. The drydown proved to be much more mellow and softened slowly with sugary vanilla. Pear cupcake is the best summary of this scent on my skin. I like it, but it is far from my expectation. Fantasy is way more white chocolatey and has totally different fruit facets so I maintain that they are not alike. Fancy ends up smelling way more similar to Betsey Johnson (signature scent with the crazy pink topper) on my wrist, must be the pear note.

I think the bottle is darling and the sillage is phenomenal. I got this perfume for almost nothing on the Bay so I will definitely wear it, but it is not the cozy vanilla foody lovefest I was hoping for.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/16/2014 1:47:00 AM More reviews by Laceymacpherson

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Urgh. Marshmallow mixed with caramel,that may sound appealing,but to me it was a very fake and almost burnt sent.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/10/2014 9:30:00 PM More reviews by schristi2800

I love sweet smelling perfumes. To me this smells like lychee fruit blended with caramel.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2014 2:42:00 AM More reviews by Blondebeauty2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Classic & timeless..! I love this fragrance so much! It's been a staple in my perfume collection for many years now. From year to year I find new temporary favorites but always come back to this. If I have somewhere special to go, I will usually wear this. I love the review below mine lol, saying that this is like making love & pink sugar is like just having sex! Funny but so true!! This is a safisticated, elegant, & very feminine scent. It's extremely long wearing and really does linger.. When I first met my bf, this was all I wore and he adored it. Still does! Out of all of Jessica's fragrances this one is my absolute favorite! Just a sweet, romantic, beautiful scent that you must try! Reasonably priced too!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2014 11:19:00 PM More reviews by yumcheesy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Caramel, creamy vanilla, amber, toasted almonds. This is just beautiful! warm and sweet without going over-board, maybe like a more adult version of Viva La Juicy. It's sexy without being in-your-face. "Fancy" is like making love whereas "Pink Sugar" is just having sex. I especially love this fragrance in fall&winter.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/26/2013 7:09:00 AM More reviews by PinkSparkles15

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This is a very lovely perfume. If I had to use one word to describe this scent, I would say 'delicious'. This fragrance smells of sugary food, such as vanilla and caramel, which are favorites of mine. It is also fresh smelling, and is quite light and does not smell too strong. I can smell this perfume on me throughout the day, as it lasts about 6 hours (spraying it about 3-4 times). As you can tell from reading this review, I obviously think positively of this perfume, and you may ask why I'm rating it 4/5..well that's only because I can't wear this perfume EVERYDAY because this scent is alot more suited only for the cooler months. In summer, this perfume just doesn't make sense to me, and I only probably think that because vanilla and caramel are yummy gourmand scents, and that is probably what you would want to smell like in winter, whilst in summer you probably want to smell more fruity/floral and uplifting. Other then that, this perfume is very nice. The bottle is simple and cute, and this perfume is quite cheap.

Overall I love this perfume and I think it smells very pleasant. I would definelty recommend it for those who have a love for sweet gourmand scents. This fragrance is alot better in the cooler months, although it's still reasonably nice in any weather though :) Give this perfume a try :D x

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/17/2013 4:29:00 PM More reviews by prettygirlmo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have worn this for many years, for a good reason. It has a lovely, floral, vanilla, gourmand (smells so good you want to eat it) fragrance. However, it doesn't smell cheap, or something a teenager should wear. I have had several guys smell this, and they always ask.."what are you wearing!" I tell them Jessica Simpson Fancy, and they never believe me. I first bought it at Ulta, but found my newest one on Amazon for $25 for 3.4 oz. Yes, it's exactly the same product, in the same bottle, in the same box as I've always used. One thing I don't love is the bottle, it looks really beautiful sitting on my vanity, but it's a little bulky, and the lid is big and round which makes it a little tough for travel. So I might suggest the rollerball version for that. I don't think the lotion or body wash is as good though. It smells so good!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2013 1:52:00 PM More reviews by cutiepolish24

Wow! This perfume is absolutely gorgeous I haven't smelled anything like it. I just love it, this is so good and very sweet and is even better when worn in the winter time. It has a nice throw and can be smelt from far away and attracts man like a magnet ;) this is one of my all time favourite I went out and buy a back up just in case I can't find it anymore. Jessica congrats!!! You did an amazing job on this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2013 1:03:00 AM More reviews by carlaaaay

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

A true gourmand scent, caramellic and delicious. At first spray, I smell a lot of pear but it fades quickly into this delicious caramel vanilla that lasts for hours, very sugary and sweet. It has moderate sillage but lasting power is great! as is the price. I found the 3.4 oz bottle at Ross for $25. I can tell this is going to last me a long time. I bought it because some said it reminded them off Victoria's Secret Dream Angels Forever. I guess they are similar but Forever doesn't have the caramel really and is even more sugary. I find this really wearable and yummy. The bottle is really beautiful and expensive looking. This is a great value!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2013 3:38:00 PM More reviews by Ladydior1026

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

this is the only perfume that really LASTS on me. i can still smell is on myself after my long work day. i love it. the only DOWNSIDE is that i don't smell it myself AS MUCH as i used to, i get compliments on it all the time though.