October 2, 2014 | 1797 users online

Fragrances - Parlux - Jessica Simpson - Fancy

rated 4 of 5 on 1/10/2014 9:30:00 PM More reviews by schristi2800

I love sweet smelling perfumes. To me this smells like lychee fruit blended with caramel.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2014 2:42:00 AM More reviews by Blondebeauty2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Classic & timeless..! I love this fragrance so much! It's been a staple in my perfume collection for many years now. From year to year I find new temporary favorites but always come back to this. If I have somewhere special to go, I will usually wear this. I love the review below mine lol, saying that this is like making love & pink sugar is like just having sex! Funny but so true!! This is a safisticated, elegant, & very feminine scent. It's extremely long wearing and really does linger.. When I first met my bf, this was all I wore and he adored it. Still does! Out of all of Jessica's fragrances this one is my absolute favorite! Just a sweet, romantic, beautiful scent that you must try! Reasonably priced too!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2014 11:19:00 PM More reviews by yumcheesy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Caramel, creamy vanilla, amber, toasted almonds. This is just beautiful! warm and sweet without going over-board, maybe like a more adult version of Viva La Juicy. It's sexy without being in-your-face. "Fancy" is like making love whereas "Pink Sugar" is just having sex. I especially love this fragrance in fall&winter.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/26/2013 7:09:00 AM More reviews by PinkSparkles15

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This is a very lovely perfume. If I had to use one word to describe this scent, I would say 'delicious'. This fragrance smells of sugary food, such as vanilla and caramel, which are favorites of mine. It is also fresh smelling, and is quite light and does not smell too strong. I can smell this perfume on me throughout the day, as it lasts about 6 hours (spraying it about 3-4 times). As you can tell from reading this review, I obviously think positively of this perfume, and you may ask why I'm rating it 4/5..well that's only because I can't wear this perfume EVERYDAY because this scent is alot more suited only for the cooler months. In summer, this perfume just doesn't make sense to me, and I only probably think that because vanilla and caramel are yummy gourmand scents, and that is probably what you would want to smell like in winter, whilst in summer you probably want to smell more fruity/floral and uplifting. Other then that, this perfume is very nice. The bottle is simple and cute, and this perfume is quite cheap.

Overall I love this perfume and I think it smells very pleasant. I would definelty recommend it for those who have a love for sweet gourmand scents. This fragrance is alot better in the cooler months, although it's still reasonably nice in any weather though :) Give this perfume a try :D x

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/17/2013 4:29:00 PM More reviews by prettygirlmo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have worn this for many years, for a good reason. It has a lovely, floral, vanilla, gourmand (smells so good you want to eat it) fragrance. However, it doesn't smell cheap, or something a teenager should wear. I have had several guys smell this, and they always ask.."what are you wearing!" I tell them Jessica Simpson Fancy, and they never believe me. I first bought it at Ulta, but found my newest one on Amazon for $25 for 3.4 oz. Yes, it's exactly the same product, in the same bottle, in the same box as I've always used. One thing I don't love is the bottle, it looks really beautiful sitting on my vanity, but it's a little bulky, and the lid is big and round which makes it a little tough for travel. So I might suggest the rollerball version for that. I don't think the lotion or body wash is as good though. It smells so good!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2013 1:52:00 PM More reviews by cutiepolish24

Wow! This perfume is absolutely gorgeous I haven't smelled anything like it. I just love it, this is so good and very sweet and is even better when worn in the winter time. It has a nice throw and can be smelt from far away and attracts man like a magnet ;) this is one of my all time favourite I went out and buy a back up just in case I can't find it anymore. Jessica congrats!!! You did an amazing job on this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2013 1:03:00 AM More reviews by carlaaaay

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

A true gourmand scent, caramellic and delicious. At first spray, I smell a lot of pear but it fades quickly into this delicious caramel vanilla that lasts for hours, very sugary and sweet. It has moderate sillage but lasting power is great! as is the price. I found the 3.4 oz bottle at Ross for $25. I can tell this is going to last me a long time. I bought it because some said it reminded them off Victoria's Secret Dream Angels Forever. I guess they are similar but Forever doesn't have the caramel really and is even more sugary. I find this really wearable and yummy. The bottle is really beautiful and expensive looking. This is a great value!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2013 3:38:00 PM More reviews by Ladydior1026

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

this is the only perfume that really LASTS on me. i can still smell is on myself after my long work day. i love it. the only DOWNSIDE is that i don't smell it myself AS MUCH as i used to, i get compliments on it all the time though.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2013 3:01:00 PM More reviews by SorceressOfTheDark

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Fancy has always been a comfort fragrance for me. At the end of the day, when I've scrubbed off my power perfumes, my fragrances I've reviewed and I want to luxuriate in something comfortable and soft, Fancy is one that comes to mind.
At the top are bitter pear and apricot notes to get past. I can live with that as they dissipate quickly within the first ten minutes and I get a sense of gardenia mixed with vanilla almost immediately right after. It soon turns into a creamy caramel gourmand that radiates decently but not overbearingly. The woods and the amber mix well to complete Fancy into a wonderful cool weather fragrance that's great for lounging, snuggling, having fun or resting. This is a well-blended mix I've turned to more often that I thought I would.
For the price point, this is a sweet deal at local discount stores. Longevity is excellent, lasting quite a few hours.
Put on an over-sized sweater, a comfortable pair of jeans, grab a cup of steaming hot tea and sit with the pets. Or the Significant Other. Or go walking in the colorful Fall leaves scrunching them underfoot. This is a perfume to wear when you're in a mood to have fun. This can be quite sweet, so for those vanilla and caramel lovers, go ahead and enjoy!
Top Notes: Pear, Apricot, Red Berries.
Middle Notes: Gardenia, Jasmine, Almond, Caramel.
Base Notes: Sandalwood, Vanilla, Amber.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/7/2013 4:24:00 PM More reviews by Iammelody

I don't find this similar to Pink Sugar or BS fantasy. Certain notes are the same but the way it develops is completely different.
When I sniff it right from the bottle, it doesn't smell like a gourmand, but more of heavy floral. At first spray its a little sharp with a prominent pear note. On my skin, it takes a good hour before it starts to develop. Once it settles on my skin, it a warm vanilla caramel scent, that seems to radiate from my body heat, but it doesn't hover too far from me ( meaning I don't seem to have a smell cloud follow me, which I like).
To my nose, once its developed its strickly gourmand. Very bakery-like. Any fruit or floral notes don't stick around. Its warm and comforting to me.
If I was to compare it to any other fragrance, I would say Kat Von D Saint.
Its very feminine and would suit any woman who is a gourmand lover.

EDIT: while I still enjoy this fragrance, i find I have to be in the right mood for it otherwise I'm hit with a massive migrane. It really is strong and takes a long time to develop.