October 2, 2014 | 927 users online

Powder - Almay - TLC Pressed Powder-Light to Medium

rated 4 of 5 on 11/16/2009 10:10:00 PM More reviews by DeeDee1957

I like this product. It is great for people who do not like t o look like they wear make up. The powder puff is ghastly.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2009 10:16:00 AM More reviews by shelbylynnjones

I am very pleased with this product. It is a shame that they include such a terrible powder applicator, but I just use a brush to apply it over the TLC foundation and it is wonderful. Good coverage without looking caked on. The shade works well for my very fair skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2009 12:07:00 AM More reviews by fashionista2021

I love this stuff!! I set my TLC foundation (neutral) with the medium TLC pressed powder. This really does last so long and it looks so natural and flawless. It IS truly lasting color!!! I found my HG foundation and powder!!! Thank you almay I have been searching so long!!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2009 9:58:00 PM More reviews by Danniekitten

I love this powder!!!! i had oily sensitive acne skin since i was 13 nad im 29 now..birth control and accutane helped me a great deal..i have clear skin but i have combination skin now where threw the day i get oily in the T-ZONE.. nothing was able to help me..i tried EVERY POWDER...
this powder is the most amazing one yet...i dont have to touch up at all in my 8 hour shift at work..ITS AMAZING..and i get hot inside and i sweat sometimes and it didnt budge...i do use the revlon lastinc color concealer which is awsome too..
the shade matches me sooo good..i have yellow undertone in my skin and the light shade matches well..
i do which it was a different sponge but i use a powder brush anyway..it doesnt lighten my bags very well..i use concealer and then a lighter powder to set it so that my bags under my eyes dont look yellow but not a bigdeal..

rated 3 of 5 on 4/20/2009 5:57:00 PM More reviews by Jennyf7

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm on the fence about this product; as a MAC powder/foundation girl I recently started using this powder because I'm on maternity leave and I wasn't going to pay $30+ per compact when the most exciting thing I do is shopping at this point ;). So I decided to try the Almay TLC powder. THe first day I used it I was horrified--it went on horribly--BUT I have to admit I was quite spoiled by the MAC products. I have kept using the TLC powder and it's alright--not the best, but not the worst thing I've ever used. I find I need to put it on, and then go over it again with an empty sponge to get it on ok. I still use it--so it must be ok! All in all, it's an ok product--No MAC, but it's okay to use as a cheaper substitute.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/30/2009 2:09:00 PM More reviews by BUGmaui1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is more like a powder foundation. I have been using it over my sunscreen for the past week and I'm pleased with the results. The coverage is medium for a pressed powder. Pros: It's not chalky or cakey feeling. It just evens out my skin tone and pores a bit without masking. You can still see my freckles. It doesn't look like I'm wearing makeup. Comes with a mirror and separate compartment for the sponge. I don't have any active pimples so I can't comment on coverage for acne.
Cons: I have extremely oily skin - it doesn't seem to control oil very well. It's only available in 3 colors. I have yellow undertones so the medium color I chose is not an exact match. I'll have to try the light next. It was around $12 which seems rather high for a DS product.
So far it's the best "powder foundation" I have tried. Previously used CG Simply powder and Maybelline's as well.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/30/2008 1:05:00 PM More reviews by lyssn2me

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

One word: Hyperallergnic. This word is a Godsend to me because I have the WORST allergies, and I have eczema. Debating whether or not I should buy this pressed powder or maybellines I decided to buy both. To be perfectly honest, I have been using the maybelline pressed lately, but from the days that I have used this pressed powder, it seems to be doing its job. I am completely happy with this purchase and sometimes, I layer my powders. So first I put the Maybelline powder on (lightly) and to finish I add Almays on top. Just a quick swipe over my face and I'm ready to go! When I start using this one more I will update you!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2008 10:43:00 PM More reviews by HotCurry

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I use this pressed powder in "Light" over my ALmay TLC foundation (I use Ivory &Buff mixed). The "Light" shade is perfect, it's more of a translucent powder (when applied using a fluffy brush), but then again, it's not a powder foundation, but just a regular pressed powder. But has enough color to even out any remaining redness, while preserving the beautiful natural matte finish of it's foundation counterpart. One of the few powders that doesn't go on chalky, and doesn't cake up after touch-ups (I have a very oily t-zone and have to blot throughout the day, so this is important to me). Just like the foundation, this powder helps keep oil at bay well, without drying out the skin. No oxidation either. This also has SPF12 (2% Octinoxate) , which is rare for a pressed powder. Normally, chemical SPF's break me out, but so far no breakouts. Will update if anything changes, but so far I love this for setting my TLC foundation, and for touch-ups!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/29/2008 9:35:00 PM More reviews by beautyfulchaos

I don't know if this made me break out, or something else I used, hmm. But anyways I liked it generally. I didn't know you were suppose to use a brush to apply powder foundation, pressed powder, :o. So I was in a rush used their pathetic sponge, haha, it was fine, but I know a real make up brush will work 10x better! I like it though, it did cover up and stayed on. :D As for rubbing off I didn't test that yet! It is a good one though! I opted for buying the "acne" prone one because I saw reviews that said the liquid made you dry, patchy etc. So last minute thought of a pressed foundation I just picked this, good foundation though. I just think their may be better out there.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/19/2008 1:52:00 PM More reviews by Nell405

I did NOT like this powder. Maybe mineral powder has spoiled me for regular powder, but I hated this. It went on chalky and terrible looking and made my skin feel dry. I could feel it just sitting on top of my skin and when I touched my face it felt dusty and the powder just rubbed off on my fingers. It makes my pores really visible. The applicator that comes with it is useless. The only good thing I have to say about it is that the packaging is kind of nice. A total waste of money.