April 20, 2014 | 1711 users online

Liquid - Lancome - Photogenic Lumessence Light Mastering & Line-Smoothing Makeup

rated 4 of 5 on 4/15/2013 3:41:00 PM More reviews by Kacci

Great foundation to wear if you are going to have a phone shoot. It will make your face look 50% more natural than other foundations will do. The light capture tech is unbelievable!
Hydration level is nice, but it will dry you out after 6 hours after continuous wearing. And needed for touch up every two hours if your skin is like mine, dry/combination.
It comes with variety of colors, so I think anyone could get her perfect match.
However, the bad news is that I heard Lancome stopped carrying this product since last year, so I don't know if I can buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2013 3:12:00 AM More reviews by neurosciguy

MY NEW HG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ahhhhhhhh ok so I'm a guy and I'm insaaaaaaanely picky about stuff really looking like skin- and this really does! I'm combo/oily in my t-zone and like a foundation with a bit of a glow, and boy this does the trick! Medium/buildable coverage, so not something if you have atrocious skin but for the average person it should cover well, using a concealer as needed. Personally I don't mind the spf; 15 never really gives me problems in photos. This looks especially good when worn with Laura Mercier foundation primer (original) and set with Reel Creations setting spray. I use the Sigma F80 to apply this and it looks great. Weartime is decent, maybe around 8 hours or so, though that's with a primer and setting spray. A wonderful foundation, especially for winter when we need something a bit luminous.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/6/2013 6:12:00 PM More reviews by andygrizzly

This is an amazing foundation for those with RELATIVELY GOOD SKIN. The foundation blends like a dream and it is so soft to touch. The packaging is amazing and it gives you a very satin and somewhat dewey finish. It is honestly the most soft and lovely foundation I have ever tried. This foundation is advertised as Medium to Full coverage but I find that it is actually Light to Medium coverage at best unless you really want to cake it on. If you just want to even out your skin tone, this foundation is perfect. Its super light weight and you will barely feel it. However, it will not cover up imperfections such as acne or hyper pigmentation at all. You can use a concealer to go in and conceal these imperfections if you want because this foundation does give you a beautiful base but I don't have a lot of time to do that and would rather just have a higher coverage foundation instead. If you want a Lancome foundation with heavier coverage, try the Teinte Idole Ultra. It does not feel as luxurious to apply and does not go on as smoothly but probably has 2x better coverage. When my skin is in a better state and I can get away with less coverage, I will definitely go back to this foundation.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/21/2012 12:45:00 AM More reviews by ARaven

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is the best foundation I have ever used - just when you put it on. It blends fantastic with my skin (normal/dry), it has a satin finish and looks very natural. But unfortunately, it doesn't last all Day, even though I'm using a primer. However I haven't found anything that looks better on me, so I will continue bying it.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/17/2012 9:22:00 PM More reviews by Georgia955

I had high expectations after being recommended this foundation, but i was left pretty dissapointed. Id put it on in the morning before going to work and throughout the day i could feel/see it coming off and by the time i got home it looked like i had nothing on. On good days it would have lasted about 2hours at the most. My skin was a bit more oily during the time i was using it so that may have had something to do with it, i didnt like the colour i was given either, way to orange for my skin tone.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2012 8:43:00 PM More reviews by mbcccix

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love Photogenic from Lancome! Just one of my HG foundations.

Photogenic is a full coverage foundation and looks great on my skin. It also provides a nice smooth finish and I don't look like I'm wearing foundation at all. Might I add that it photographs well!

I recommend this foundation for anyone that loves to take photos and is looking for a full coverage foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2012 2:21:00 PM More reviews by Lame901

I was on the hunt for a foundation with a flawless, matte finish with heavy coverage. I don't have blemishes or acne or anything, just some uneven redness between my cheeks that bothers me. No other foundation has worked. There was always one darker cheek no matter what methods I used, or it was never really what I was looking for. I bought this product out on a whim shopping at my local outlets one day. I got it for $34 I believe. This is an incredible foundation. It leaves my face completely flawless and this stuff lasts all day. Easy to blend, does not get cakey even if you sweat, not sticky and not liquidy, it's all around perfect. I will only buy this again though by going to the outlets and never at full price.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2012 12:10:00 PM More reviews by Plinko

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I had promised myself that I would not buy another bottle of foundation until I ran out of the ones that I already owned. Then, I was approached by a Lancome representative at Macy's who offered me a ten day sample of any of their foundations. I'm a foundation junkie, and I couldn't refuse. I told her that my skin tended to be dry, that I liked light to medium coverage and that I wanted a foundation that would tone down my redness and give me a glow. She sent me home with as sample of Photogenic Lumessence in Buff 4c. I've learned the hard way to never call something my HG, but after using up my supply, I ran out and bought a bottle and have been using it exclusively since June. This stuff makes me look radiant. Bye-bye dull skin! The color match is spot-on, the creamy texture blends so well, it seems to melt into my skin and float over all of my fine lines. It gives me such a youthful look.

Since I began wearing this I've been asked about my skin care on a daily basis. I've used the same oil cleansers and moisturizer for ages now, so it must be this product. I don't see this product mentioned much here, but if your foundation needs are similar to mine, you'll probably be happy with this product.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2012 12:48:00 AM More reviews by tdhx0

Great for people with dry to normal skin. It gives my skin a great glow and radiance to it. I find it very blendable and it has great staying power!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/28/2012 10:42:00 AM More reviews by fireprincess

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I tried Photogenic at a friend's house and loved it. I tried it the next day thinking it was just a fluke, foundations never please me. This is Bisque mixed with Ivoire (I will get matched when I buy this for myself!) and the tone was near perfect. I set it with a little silica powder and then a light dusting of Dual Finish in Matte Bisque -something number. It was perfect and I have had it on for the second day for 2 hours now...admittedly not long but yesterdays's application without any primer or powder lasted in PA heat and humidity until I took it off late at night. Wow. Don't like the pump as it will inevitably waste product and it is really pricey for me, but I am going to buy my own perfect shade. NB: I used Lancome blush in Miel Glace with it and the shades are perfect for my NC20-25 dry, older (48) skin with some slight discolorations. This covered perfeclty and looked like skin. My skin is unlined and I stay out of the sun, so the SPF 15 while great isn't top priority for me as I use sunscreen daily anyway. I heartily recommend this for older skins in need of some dewiness, medium to full coverage, although my friend sheers it out really well with a damp sponge. It feels like it's doing calming, moisturizing things for the skin and covers so lightly it feels like almost nothing. Did not oxidize, a problem for me with other foundations. Was using Colorstay liquid in Nude, which is still very good, but can look maskllike. I'll save that for really hot and stressful days! Right now I'm going out to buy Photogenic Luminessence in my perfect shade! 4 out of 5 lipples because of packaging.