October 22, 2014 | 2073 users online

Liquid - Lancome - Photogenic Lumessence Light Mastering & Line-Smoothing Makeup

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2013 7:19:00 AM More reviews by evesinkiewicz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have combination but leaning more towards oily skin and was afraid of this at first. Anything "dewy" or "glowing" or "lit from within" turns into "I look like I rubbed cooking oil all over my face" after an hour or so and was therefore very reluctant to try this but the rave reviews from fellow oily skinned gals and everyone else overall made me decide to give it a try.

This stuff is borderline magical. It's light coverage yet looks better than any full coverage foundation I own (ELDW, CS, CS Whipped, etc). It really does give that whole my face but better look that people have raved about on other foundations and I never believed was even possible unless you already had good skin... and then duh! Any foundation would look good on you!

I have enlarged pores on and around my nose, acne scarring, and sometimes active acne. Not terrible skin but far from what I'd call naturally pretty. I also have very sensitive skin. 75% of the foundations I try lead to irritation or acne or the perfume makes me sneeze all day.

But this foundation is everything I could ever ask for:

1. It blurs imperfections while letting your skin show through--or what looks like your skin. It literally just looks like you have a nice, healthy glow to your face.

2. It's look IMPROVES as you wear it (to an extent). About 3-4 hours in is when it looks its best on me and from then on out it still continues to look good and doesn't ever do a nasty breakdown or cake up or turn my face into a slip-n-slide.

3. It doesn't make my already oily skin even oilier. I can't stress just how awesome that is. Yes, I use a mattifier and yes, I dust over with powder and blot occasionally but that's a small price to pay for the beautiful skin this gives me.

4. NO BREAKOUTS, IRRITATION, SNEEZING, RASHES, etc. Need I say more?

Bottom line: This could be a little cheaper but for the near miracle in a bottle this is I would pay much, much more. Even my manager--an oblivious guy--told me my skin looked good the first night I wore it and I've made better tips (without having better sales!).

I don't normally rave on about products and I find a lot of lancome items to be disappointments but this is one product I will preach to the high heavens about. Bravo, lancome, bravo!

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/15/2013 3:41:00 PM More reviews by Kacci

Great foundation to wear if you are going to have a phone shoot. It will make your face look 50% more natural than other foundations will do. The light capture tech is unbelievable!
Hydration level is nice, but it will dry you out after 6 hours after continuous wearing. And needed for touch up every two hours if your skin is like mine, dry/combination.
It comes with variety of colors, so I think anyone could get her perfect match.
However, the bad news is that I heard Lancome stopped carrying this product since last year, so I don't know if I can buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2013 3:12:00 AM More reviews by neurosciguy

MY NEW HG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ahhhhhhhh ok so I'm a guy and I'm insaaaaaaanely picky about stuff really looking like skin- and this really does! I'm combo/oily in my t-zone and like a foundation with a bit of a glow, and boy this does the trick! Medium/buildable coverage, so not something if you have atrocious skin but for the average person it should cover well, using a concealer as needed. Personally I don't mind the spf; 15 never really gives me problems in photos. This looks especially good when worn with Laura Mercier foundation primer (original) and set with Reel Creations setting spray. I use the Sigma F80 to apply this and it looks great. Weartime is decent, maybe around 8 hours or so, though that's with a primer and setting spray. A wonderful foundation, especially for winter when we need something a bit luminous.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/6/2013 6:12:00 PM More reviews by andygrizzly

This is an amazing foundation for those with RELATIVELY GOOD SKIN. The foundation blends like a dream and it is so soft to touch. The packaging is amazing and it gives you a very satin and somewhat dewey finish. It is honestly the most soft and lovely foundation I have ever tried. This foundation is advertised as Medium to Full coverage but I find that it is actually Light to Medium coverage at best unless you really want to cake it on. If you just want to even out your skin tone, this foundation is perfect. Its super light weight and you will barely feel it. However, it will not cover up imperfections such as acne or hyper pigmentation at all. You can use a concealer to go in and conceal these imperfections if you want because this foundation does give you a beautiful base but I don't have a lot of time to do that and would rather just have a higher coverage foundation instead. If you want a Lancome foundation with heavier coverage, try the Teinte Idole Ultra. It does not feel as luxurious to apply and does not go on as smoothly but probably has 2x better coverage. When my skin is in a better state and I can get away with less coverage, I will definitely go back to this foundation.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/21/2012 12:45:00 AM More reviews by ARaven

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is the best foundation I have ever used - just when you put it on. It blends fantastic with my skin (normal/dry), it has a satin finish and looks very natural. But unfortunately, it doesn't last all Day, even though I'm using a primer. However I haven't found anything that looks better on me, so I will continue bying it.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/17/2012 9:22:00 PM More reviews by Georgia955

I had high expectations after being recommended this foundation, but i was left pretty dissapointed. Id put it on in the morning before going to work and throughout the day i could feel/see it coming off and by the time i got home it looked like i had nothing on. On good days it would have lasted about 2hours at the most. My skin was a bit more oily during the time i was using it so that may have had something to do with it, i didnt like the colour i was given either, way to orange for my skin tone.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2012 8:43:00 PM More reviews by mbcccix

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love Photogenic from Lancome! Just one of my HG foundations.

Photogenic is a full coverage foundation and looks great on my skin. It also provides a nice smooth finish and I don't look like I'm wearing foundation at all. Might I add that it photographs well!

I recommend this foundation for anyone that loves to take photos and is looking for a full coverage foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2012 2:21:00 PM More reviews by Lame901

I was on the hunt for a foundation with a flawless, matte finish with heavy coverage. I don't have blemishes or acne or anything, just some uneven redness between my cheeks that bothers me. No other foundation has worked. There was always one darker cheek no matter what methods I used, or it was never really what I was looking for. I bought this product out on a whim shopping at my local outlets one day. I got it for $34 I believe. This is an incredible foundation. It leaves my face completely flawless and this stuff lasts all day. Easy to blend, does not get cakey even if you sweat, not sticky and not liquidy, it's all around perfect. I will only buy this again though by going to the outlets and never at full price.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2012 12:10:00 PM More reviews by Plinko

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I had promised myself that I would not buy another bottle of foundation until I ran out of the ones that I already owned. Then, I was approached by a Lancome representative at Macy's who offered me a ten day sample of any of their foundations. I'm a foundation junkie, and I couldn't refuse. I told her that my skin tended to be dry, that I liked light to medium coverage and that I wanted a foundation that would tone down my redness and give me a glow. She sent me home with as sample of Photogenic Lumessence in Buff 4c. I've learned the hard way to never call something my HG, but after using up my supply, I ran out and bought a bottle and have been using it exclusively since June. This stuff makes me look radiant. Bye-bye dull skin! The color match is spot-on, the creamy texture blends so well, it seems to melt into my skin and float over all of my fine lines. It gives me such a youthful look.

Since I began wearing this I've been asked about my skin care on a daily basis. I've used the same oil cleansers and moisturizer for ages now, so it must be this product. I don't see this product mentioned much here, but if your foundation needs are similar to mine, you'll probably be happy with this product.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2012 12:48:00 AM More reviews by tdhx0

Great for people with dry to normal skin. It gives my skin a great glow and radiance to it. I find it very blendable and it has great staying power!