January 31, 2015 | 1117 users online

Liquid - Lancome - Photogenic Lumessence Light Mastering & Line-Smoothing Makeup

rated 2 of 5 on 8/29/2013 10:13:00 AM More reviews by danapop

I bought this foundaation about 6 months ago. I wanted a foundation that looked natural and in a colour light enough for my skin. I have used Teint Miracle for more than 2 years, but the lightest shade is a bit too dark for me in the winter/ autumn/ spring.
The coverage power of the foundation is very low. It is almost no difference between my face with foundation and my face without foundation. The lightest coulor is actually light enough for me (a big problem with the high end foundations for some reason).
On the positive side no irritation or breakouts, and it doesn't dry the skin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2013 12:58:00 AM More reviews by Rachel1234

This foundation feels light and leaves a satiny, hydrated finish that blurs fine lines.

I have an oily t-zone, but normal/dry cheeks and eye area with fine lines beginning. This foundation smooths over the fine lines like no other. Makes my skin look smooth and perfect ... Less fine lines, blurs and reduces crepey lines under eyes ..... just makes my skin look smooth and young (well, young-er!). Love it!

I use a mattifying primer (Neutrogena) underneath this foundation on my t-zone only. That helps absorb shine on my oily problem areas. The rest of my face i do not use primer on, just moisturize, then this foundation. I follow with a light dusting of loose powder.

This foundation NEVER oxidizes on me. It looks satiny and beautiful all day! :)

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2013 10:09:00 AM More reviews by laylajeanMUA

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've been purchasing this foundation for years and finally doing a review on it. I'm not sure why I even bother trying other foundations because I ALWAYS come back to this one. Nothing compares. I have dry skin but I hate overly dewy foundations because they tend to highlight my large pores and acne scars. This foundation isn't dewy, I'd say it has a more radiant and natural finish, almost satin? Not matte at all though so very oily skin types might not like this. I could see every other skin type loving this though.

Anyways I stopped using this for a while because I found the staying power wasn't too good, like it would fade after about 3-4 hours of wear. Then I realized I was using the wrong moisturizer for this particular foundation. This foundation is oil free but I was using a moisturizer that had a ton of oils in it, thus making the foundation slide around and oxidize on my face. (and i'm dry so that was wierd!) So I picked up cetaphil moisturizing cream to wear under it (oil free but still very good for dry skin) and it looked so much better and lasted way longer than it did before.

When paired up with the right products, this foundation is a god send. I've already been through about 8 bottles of this stuff and it is the only foundation I have ever consistently repurchased. It is pretty expensive, about 45 bucks but I can't find anything better for less money, so I will continue to purchase this. The shade range is amazing, I'm NC15 in MAC and always the palest shade in every foundation, So I get IVOIRE 1N in this range and it's lovely. Looks like skin without a hint of orange or yellow, very neutral shade.

My only gripe about this foundation (other than the high price) is that I feel like I have to use a lot of it to get good coverage. Like about 4 pumps for my whole face (i know, craazy) but I have a lot of discoloration and scarring to cover up. I usually use my beauty blender but I've found that if I just use my fingers I use less product and I get more of a fuller coverage. (beauty blenders tend to sheer out foundations). then after applying with fingers i lightly tap with beauty blender to get rid of streaks. This is very buildable but for those with very problematic skin you will find yourself needing to use a bit more product, but it is so worth it for the beautiful finish. I don't even need a powder with this stuff because it stays on and I feel like a powder might ruin the radiant finish this gives. Lancome, please NEVER discontinue this! It's a miracle product!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2013 7:19:00 AM More reviews by evesinkiewicz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have combination but leaning more towards oily skin and was afraid of this at first. Anything "dewy" or "glowing" or "lit from within" turns into "I look like I rubbed cooking oil all over my face" after an hour or so and was therefore very reluctant to try this but the rave reviews from fellow oily skinned gals and everyone else overall made me decide to give it a try.

This stuff is borderline magical. It's light coverage yet looks better than any full coverage foundation I own (ELDW, CS, CS Whipped, etc). It really does give that whole my face but better look that people have raved about on other foundations and I never believed was even possible unless you already had good skin... and then duh! Any foundation would look good on you!

I have enlarged pores on and around my nose, acne scarring, and sometimes active acne. Not terrible skin but far from what I'd call naturally pretty. I also have very sensitive skin. 75% of the foundations I try lead to irritation or acne or the perfume makes me sneeze all day.

But this foundation is everything I could ever ask for:

1. It blurs imperfections while letting your skin show through--or what looks like your skin. It literally just looks like you have a nice, healthy glow to your face.

2. It's look IMPROVES as you wear it (to an extent). About 3-4 hours in is when it looks its best on me and from then on out it still continues to look good and doesn't ever do a nasty breakdown or cake up or turn my face into a slip-n-slide.

3. It doesn't make my already oily skin even oilier. I can't stress just how awesome that is. Yes, I use a mattifier and yes, I dust over with powder and blot occasionally but that's a small price to pay for the beautiful skin this gives me.

4. NO BREAKOUTS, IRRITATION, SNEEZING, RASHES, etc. Need I say more?

Bottom line: This could be a little cheaper but for the near miracle in a bottle this is I would pay much, much more. Even my manager--an oblivious guy--told me my skin looked good the first night I wore it and I've made better tips (without having better sales!).

I don't normally rave on about products and I find a lot of lancome items to be disappointments but this is one product I will preach to the high heavens about. Bravo, lancome, bravo!

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/15/2013 3:41:00 PM More reviews by Kacci

Great foundation to wear if you are going to have a phone shoot. It will make your face look 50% more natural than other foundations will do. The light capture tech is unbelievable!
Hydration level is nice, but it will dry you out after 6 hours after continuous wearing. And needed for touch up every two hours if your skin is like mine, dry/combination.
It comes with variety of colors, so I think anyone could get her perfect match.
However, the bad news is that I heard Lancome stopped carrying this product since last year, so I don't know if I can buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2013 3:12:00 AM More reviews by neurosciguy

MY NEW HG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ahhhhhhhh ok so I'm a guy and I'm insaaaaaaanely picky about stuff really looking like skin- and this really does! I'm combo/oily in my t-zone and like a foundation with a bit of a glow, and boy this does the trick! Medium/buildable coverage, so not something if you have atrocious skin but for the average person it should cover well, using a concealer as needed. Personally I don't mind the spf; 15 never really gives me problems in photos. This looks especially good when worn with Laura Mercier foundation primer (original) and set with Reel Creations setting spray. I use the Sigma F80 to apply this and it looks great. Weartime is decent, maybe around 8 hours or so, though that's with a primer and setting spray. A wonderful foundation, especially for winter when we need something a bit luminous.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/6/2013 6:12:00 PM More reviews by andygrizzly

This is an amazing foundation for those with RELATIVELY GOOD SKIN. The foundation blends like a dream and it is so soft to touch. The packaging is amazing and it gives you a very satin and somewhat dewey finish. It is honestly the most soft and lovely foundation I have ever tried. This foundation is advertised as Medium to Full coverage but I find that it is actually Light to Medium coverage at best unless you really want to cake it on. If you just want to even out your skin tone, this foundation is perfect. Its super light weight and you will barely feel it. However, it will not cover up imperfections such as acne or hyper pigmentation at all. You can use a concealer to go in and conceal these imperfections if you want because this foundation does give you a beautiful base but I don't have a lot of time to do that and would rather just have a higher coverage foundation instead. If you want a Lancome foundation with heavier coverage, try the Teinte Idole Ultra. It does not feel as luxurious to apply and does not go on as smoothly but probably has 2x better coverage. When my skin is in a better state and I can get away with less coverage, I will definitely go back to this foundation.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/21/2012 12:45:00 AM More reviews by ARaven

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is the best foundation I have ever used - just when you put it on. It blends fantastic with my skin (normal/dry), it has a satin finish and looks very natural. But unfortunately, it doesn't last all Day, even though I'm using a primer. However I haven't found anything that looks better on me, so I will continue bying it.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/17/2012 9:22:00 PM More reviews by Georgia955

I had high expectations after being recommended this foundation, but i was left pretty dissapointed. Id put it on in the morning before going to work and throughout the day i could feel/see it coming off and by the time i got home it looked like i had nothing on. On good days it would have lasted about 2hours at the most. My skin was a bit more oily during the time i was using it so that may have had something to do with it, i didnt like the colour i was given either, way to orange for my skin tone.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2012 8:43:00 PM More reviews by mbcccix

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love Photogenic from Lancome! Just one of my HG foundations.

Photogenic is a full coverage foundation and looks great on my skin. It also provides a nice smooth finish and I don't look like I'm wearing foundation at all. Might I add that it photographs well!

I recommend this foundation for anyone that loves to take photos and is looking for a full coverage foundation.