Urban Decay Gunmetal

4.4

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

This is my HG eyeshadow for my blue eyes, it's a difficult color to describe because it's so unique and cannot be duped. I would say gunmetal is a dark grey with a cornflower blue shift. Be warned, it contains glitter! In my opinion, the glitter is very minimal compared with other U.D shadows and I don't notice much fallout. This shadow lasts all day (I use primer) and I also apply it with an eyeliner brush to my lower lash line for added definition, I can't get enough of this shade and I think it's especially flattering for blue eyes if you are going for a smokey/ sultry look.$18 is a lot to spend on eyeshadow, but this stuff lasts forever and it is so pigmented that a little goes a long way!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

This is a really great eyeshadow, it is very flattering on my NC25 Skin and it blends so well, the pigmentation is great and It's really pretty for a dramatic smokey eye or even for some colour in your lashline.

on 9/26/2011 3:15:00 PM

This shadow is smooth and pigmented. Great for a smokey eye. It's a bluish grey color with sparkles in it. I don't find that the sparkles transfer to my eyes well. I wouldn't buy it again because there are many less expensive dupes for this color.

on 8/6/2011 10:27:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

I was looking for a "gunmetal" (shimmery gray) eyeliner but couldn't find anything in pencil or gel form that had the effect I wanted. So, out of nowhere, while hovering over the Urban Decay display at Ulta, the Gunmetal shadow gleamed. Instant love.
The shadow is smooth and the color is very saturated! It does have some silver glitter but since I mostly use it as a liner (used wet with bent liner brush) I don't have a problem with the occasional bits of glitter that appear. I always use it over UDPP, so this shadow does not budge all day.
Very slick color. Highly recommend it for dark brown eyes. I find it to be more flattering for me than a brown liner.

on 5/23/2011 4:53:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I use this the least out of all the colors in Naked Palette. It's a pretty grey/silver shimmer with light glitter. It's is very pretty and great for an evening out.

on 5/1/2011 3:19:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

A deep steel shimmery gray. Actually I'd say this officially surpasses "shimmery" and goes into "glittery" territory. This could be good, I guess, for a dark smokey eye for a night out. Nothing else though, it's just... too much. For me personally, not a fan.

on 4/14/2011 3:08:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Okay so I have really good news for you girls! I received this in a swap and tried it. I absolutely loved it, but as I started looking at it I realized I had an eyeshadow that was identical! So I looked through my makeup and found my cover girl single eyeshadow in Charcoal Frost. I then swatched both, and the only difference is that UD has those little flecks of glitter. So if you don't mind that it is minus the glitter, then totally buy it! CG is generally 4-5$ for .09 oz of product, and UD is 17$ for .o5 oz. I usually reach for my CG e/s versus the UD. Both are great products and don't get me wrong, UD is amazing and this is such a beautiful shadow. I just wanted to let you know that this is a great dupe for a budget. I will not be buying gunmetal simply because CG is so great.

on 1/26/2011 3:35:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love Gunmetal its my favourite shadow from UD, i first discovered this in the book of shadows 2, i now i have a single and was pleased to find it featured in the naked palette. I love the glitter there is no fall out from this one. I usually use this all over the lid for a smokey eye or sometimes in the crease. UD shadows are buttery smooth and easy to blend out or pack on for dramatic colour. I usually use this with benefit strut underneath as a base or more recently macs dangerous curve. Gunmetal looks lovely paired with purple shadows such as flash or ecstasy. I also pair it with S&M another grey shadow from urban decay. I loe greys and this is my HG.

on 7/25/2010 12:25:00 PM

I love this shadow. I use it for a smokey eye often and my boyfriend always seems to compliment this color.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

True to it's name :) I love it! I also like how there's silver bits in the shadow but for the most part it's super smooth and just a shimmer. Great shadow and I'm wearing it right now! :D

Top Rated Urban Decay Products