October 22, 2014 | 1363 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Lancome - La Base Pro

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2014 4:26:00 PM More reviews by HollyWould123

This product is VERY similar to Smashbox Photo Finish. The only difference is a few dollars ($36 for 1 oz. Smashbox---$42 for 0.8 oz. Lancôme). I LOVE silicone-y primers. I feel they work the best, especially for those with oily skin. I feel they last longer than other types of primers and provide the most longevity when it comes to foundations. I use Make Up For Ever HD Foundation with this product. Definitely recommend this product as far as high end primers go.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/18/2014 10:43:00 AM More reviews by edentomlinsonx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My skin type is very oily, some make up does well to stay matte for hours! I just can't put my finger on this product I have tried it in several situations with a number of foundations and powders! Some days I'm shiny then some days I'm matte! I have noticed my skin getting clearer since I have started using this product but this is after one of the worst bouts of acne I've had! I'm not saying this product was the cause but it's a huge coincidence. Never the less I do like this product now my skin has cleared and it works great with my make up routine.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2014 11:04:00 AM More reviews by composure

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I am always on the hunt for a great primer. I have oily skin and am very acne-prone. When first applied, I mix it with the foundation. I get a very even and smooth application. However, I do not feel this controls oil as well as I would like. (Comparatively, to the Proactiv Smoothing primer) After continued use, I develop little white heads. I have not used it since.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/18/2014 2:46:00 AM More reviews by FykaRahim

Im currently used this product.personally I love this product because its help to make my skin soften and make my makeup stay long!
BUT, I don't like the packaging.my previous bottle ( Same product ) had fallen and slightly broken at the bottom of my bottle . seems ugly.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/17/2014 7:47:00 AM More reviews by Shamar

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I do like this primer, but I also don't love it. I have really oily skin in my T-zone, so using this product i do have to blot and touch up, however the makeup on the rest of my face stayed absolutely perfect. So if you had normal to dry skin this would be a really nice primer for you. When you first apply it, it makes your face feel so silky and soft. The Price may put you off a little, but if you aren't crazy oily like me then I'd definitely give this one a chance! xx

rated 2 of 5 on 1/3/2014 4:38:00 PM More reviews by cricricri11

I have a really combination skin lately (dry patches vs oily tzone). I liked the texture of this primer and it did not break me out (as many other primers did previously). But after a few hours, my dry patches were simply crazy cakey. I am really not sure i want to use it again. Maybe in summer , when i will be oily all over.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2013 3:57:00 PM More reviews by arsh86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is the first primer I have tried so not much comparisons here. It does make my face smooth to apply foundation on. Even though if has the word matte but it doesn't make my dry skin feel more dry. And as a primer it does what it's supposed too -makes my foundation get on easily and stay on longer than normal. Also love Lancôme's packing be it for foundations or anything, they always have everything in a nice sleek bottle with a pump. No complaints so far with this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/7/2013 4:21:00 PM More reviews by cron

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

So far, this is my favourite primer. I only wear this and powder and I'm happy with the results. It feels very, very soft and I only use it on my T-zone because the rest of my skin doesn't get shiny. My skin is not oily but I can't stand shine and this lasts until lunch time before I feel like a touch up. Though it's not completely required and sometimes I don't bother. I don't usually comment on packaging but this one deserves an exception. It looks gorgeous and the pump lets you only get as much or as little as you need. I think I won't be able to get all the product out once the bottle is nearly finished though. I'm still wanting to try other primers just in case there's a better one but I've already bought another bottle of this to make sure I don't run out.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/8/2013 9:01:00 AM More reviews by beth2009

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This stuff is too thick and makes me look cakey. i prefer a thinner lotion primer. estee lauder matt primer is the best on this one guys

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2013 11:28:00 AM More reviews by Halvsnygg

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Love this primer. It's very silky and it smoothes out and diminishes the pores. The only negative is the high price and the fact that whereas the Lancome foundation lasts forever this one disappears at a worrying speed from the bottle.