July 31, 2014 | 2058 users online

Eyeliner - Wet 'n' Wild - Mega Eyes Creme Eyeliner - Black

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2013 12:49:00 AM More reviews by liviiflutelouu

I really love this eyeliner. It comes in a big jar (for eyeliner at least!) and lasts forever. It cost me less than five dollars, and I have used it almost everyday for the past 6 months.

Pros:
-Super creamy
-Great pigmentation
-Doesn't dry out
-You get a large amount for the price

Cons:
-It can smudge if you rub at it right after applying

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2013 11:55:00 PM More reviews by SamanthaSue11

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Pros - Lasts a long time, doesn't smudge, easy to apply, BLACK as night, very cheap. Cons - doesn't last all day, brush isn't fantastic

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2013 1:00:00 AM More reviews by JadaIgwe

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Deep Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have always loved Wet and Wild's eye liners. They are all affordable and great quality to match the price. The cream liners are wonderful and a great cheaper alternative to MAC fluidlines.

You also get a nice brush that comes with it although I wish the handle was longer. The color is solid and works all day!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2013 9:41:00 PM More reviews by Vanessamucho

I changed my review after I used quite affter a while. I still think the produt at this price is great. but I just don't like te texture that much. it really give you a gel feeling so when it smuges it is hard to clean. but over all is great when you don't have a lot of budget.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2013 12:07:00 PM More reviews by Meril

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I've been experimenting with gel eyeliners a lot, hoping to find something longer-wearing than my beloved Maybelline creme pencils, but more natural and less harsh-looking than liquid liner. When it comes to makeup, I've found that "you get what you pay for" is mostly true, so I've been mostly going for the higher-end, tried-and-true drugstore stuff. Which is why I was skeptical when, on my way out with Revlon's creme gel eyeliner, I saw that Wet 'n' Wild eyeliner was only $2.99 a pot - more than double the amount of product I get in a Revlon pot, and for a quarter of the price. But, hey, for three bucks, what did I have to lose?

As luck would have it, the Revlon eyeliner was also black, so I tested them against each other, and the results blew me out of the water. Revlon, which has never disappointed me before (it's the ONLY place I go for lipstuff and powder), turned out to be a rare miss: in the spirit of enquiry, I checked up on my eyeliner every hour or so, and I found that staying power throughout the day was decent (a little transference onto my upper lid/browbone, but it didn't completely disappear), but after I passed, say, the 10- or 12-hour mark, pretty much all of it fled northward. My el cheapo little Wet 'n' Wild, on the other hand, lasted all day, and by that I mean all day *and night*. I noticed some transference, a lá Revlon, at the very end of the day, but by that point, I was ready to take it off and go to bed anyway.

Revlon's wear time: 10-12 hours (not bad, but it turns out my oily, hooded lids are made of sterner stuff).
WnW's wear time: 16 hours, easy.

Of course, there are a couple of tradeoffs: I found that WnW was a little crumblier, and the color was a little harsher/less blendable, but I guess that's the price to pay for such long wear (if you haven't figured it out yet, that's kind of my priority).

Pros:
- Lasts LIKE WHOA. This little workhorse lasted through a full day of classes (which included hot weather and a sad movie, so it also passes the crying-test and sweat-test, in addition to the oily-hooded-lids-test) and WELL into the evening.
- Half to a fifth of the price of anything else you'll find in a drugstore, let alone the higher-end stuff, and usually has more product per pot, too.
- Entirely satisfactory on the color front: dark, dramatic, and yet easily tamable for those who, like me, prefer a more natural and less BAM! look.

Cons:
- I wasn't super impressed with the packaging. I pretty much immediately set aside the little brush it came with - I found it unwieldy, stiff, and all-around difficult to manage. I could also do with a little more stability from the pot- as it is, the bottom is somewhat rounded, and it's a little top-heavy, so I do have to be careful not to tip it over.
- Has a slight tendency to crumble. I noticed a few small particles of it showing up a little ways down my face throughout the day, but I'm pretty sure I only noticed these because I was obsessively monitoring my eyeliner.
- While it is, as I've said, an impressive little workhorse, it does eventually transfer. But I'm still pretty new to gel eyeliners, so maybe this is just something that happens to them all, sooner or later.

Takeaway:
Go for it! The color is great, the lasting power is phenomenal, and all for less than the price of a bag of chips.

13 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2013 8:33:00 PM More reviews by ngarcia5

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is the first gel liner I try and I honestly love it! It lasts all day although I don't use the brush it comes with it and it's good for your water line! real bold and black, it makes your eyes stand out! It's a little hard to take off but the liner never smudges or fades away, so it's worth it.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/13/2013 11:09:00 PM More reviews by Ninotackii

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

When I first got it, it creased a lot but after it kind of dried up a bit, it was great.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2013 5:10:00 PM More reviews by CrysDawn

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this stuff! I bought the purple one first because it was on sale for $3.00 and I loved it so much I went back today and bought black and blue. It glides on very smooth and the brush is very nice with it. It's stiff and angled to apply it. It dries nicely. Not to fast or slow. I went back after I applied mascara and added more and it had dried nice enough to not smudge or run.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2013 3:59:00 PM More reviews by countrygyrl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I like this. Its cheap, only about 3 bucks, even less when rite aid has a 40% off or bogo sale. The little pot is cute and the brush it comes with is okay although I prefer to use ELF essential concealer brush (the little white handled $1 one) to apply it with. For me it takes a bit of patience to get a perfect smooth line but I have that trouble with all cream/liquid liners. I have used this in the past and it seemed to be a bit drier than the new one I have. It is much creamier now and in a little platic pot inside the larger glass pot. Perhaps this is new and the product wont dry out as quick. My first one was dry and realy hard to work with after a month of daily use. This lasts all day and doesn't smudge. It can smear if your eyes are very wet which I sometime have a problem with come allergy season. It doesn't chip like liquid eyeliner can. I like this for my cat eye and its a good stepping stone if you are trying to change from pencil to liquid eyeliner. I will probably go back to liquid or marker type eyeliner but this still is great.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/12/2013 4:01:00 PM More reviews by MilenaBR

I don't know if I've gotten a bad pot or what, but my purple gel eyeliner was terribly dry and impossible to use. Too bad I don't live in the US to return it. I might try it again with the black one, let's see...