December 20, 2014 | 1704 users online

Eyeliner - Wet 'n' Wild - Mega Eyes Creme Eyeliner - Black

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2014 2:30:00 AM More reviews by Saspants

For a drugstore liner this stuff rocks! I ran into CVS and they had WNW on sale buy 2, get 3rd free. I always like their lipsticks and am obsessed with the lip stain balm sticks so I browsed to see what caught my eye. I did find the 666 lip liner, which is hard to find and decided to try a shadow stick...what to buy for my third item? I saw this eyeliner and while I didn't care for the opaqueness of the other potted cream liner "Little Black Dress" I thought I would try this.

I was very impressed with the color, texture, wearability, application and most of all the price! I have been recently wearing the new UD potted eyeliner and love it, but I have to say that this gives it a run for the money at a fraction of the price. This applied easily, the color was opaque and didn't require multiple applications to darken, the dry down time was quick and it wears all day without smudging or fading. The texture is a tad more cream like than the UD, which is a cream/gel hybrid.

I also like the little pot, it is almost half of a sphere and actually sits upside down, which is the best way to store cream/gel liners and shadows, to prevent them from drying out quickly or separating. Definitely a quality bargain purchase and I will be looking for other colors and to grab a back-up.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/16/2014 2:40:00 PM More reviews by sandracruz

Very pigmented, applies smooth, lasts long. Budget friendly.

Still smudges with oily lids. Doesnt crack.

Even though I keep the lid tightly sealed, the product dried off quicker than i expected. And when it's past that time, it's hard to revive. I added drop of oil and barrier liquid, it turned lumpy.

Good for those who do eyeliners on a daily frequently basis. But for those who use it seldom, better find an eyeliner with a longer shelf life. Or, a cake eyeliner with sealer is your best bet.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2014 3:52:00 AM More reviews by ariel2229

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

This is so creamy and black. I use this in my kit and I don't feel guilty digging into it because it is so cheap. It feels just as creamy and good as my higher end gel eyeliners. But it does change texture after a month or 2 months but for the price I don't mind

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2014 5:55:00 PM More reviews by Beautified16

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

This eyeliner is very creamy and soft. It glides on the eyelid very beautifully. I would most definitely purchase again, especially for how cheap it costs.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/1/2014 6:56:00 PM More reviews by magnoliax12

Don't get me wrong- this is a great gel eyeliner for an amazing price. When it comes to cosmetics, I'm totally a drugstore girl! I've heard amazing reviews about this product and decided to stop using my Bobbi Brown gel eyeliner because it is a bit too pricey. I picked this up from my local drugstore and didn't use it immediately. I decided to wait until I was completely done with my Bobbi Brown to start using the Wet 'n Wild.

It was about 1 1/2 weeks or so after I finished the Bobbi Brown and opened up my new eyeliner. I don't know if it's because I waited too long and it dried out, but it was so dried out that the entire product popped out and you could see how dry it was. I took the shade 887, so maybe a different color formula was different that others but I was pretty disappointed.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2013 12:49:00 AM More reviews by liviiflutelouu

I really love this eyeliner. It comes in a big jar (for eyeliner at least!) and lasts forever. It cost me less than five dollars, and I have used it almost everyday for the past 6 months.

Pros:
-Super creamy
-Great pigmentation
-Doesn't dry out
-You get a large amount for the price

Cons:
-It can smudge if you rub at it right after applying

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2013 11:55:00 PM More reviews by SamanthaSue11

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Pros - Lasts a long time, doesn't smudge, easy to apply, BLACK as night, very cheap. Cons - doesn't last all day, brush isn't fantastic

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2013 1:00:00 AM More reviews by JadaIgwe

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Deep Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have always loved Wet and Wild's eye liners. They are all affordable and great quality to match the price. The cream liners are wonderful and a great cheaper alternative to MAC fluidlines.

You also get a nice brush that comes with it although I wish the handle was longer. The color is solid and works all day!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2013 9:41:00 PM More reviews by Vanessamucho

I changed my review after I used quite affter a while. I still think the produt at this price is great. but I just don't like te texture that much. it really give you a gel feeling so when it smuges it is hard to clean. but over all is great when you don't have a lot of budget.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2013 12:07:00 PM More reviews by Meril

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I've been experimenting with gel eyeliners a lot, hoping to find something longer-wearing than my beloved Maybelline creme pencils, but more natural and less harsh-looking than liquid liner. When it comes to makeup, I've found that "you get what you pay for" is mostly true, so I've been mostly going for the higher-end, tried-and-true drugstore stuff. Which is why I was skeptical when, on my way out with Revlon's creme gel eyeliner, I saw that Wet 'n' Wild eyeliner was only $2.99 a pot - more than double the amount of product I get in a Revlon pot, and for a quarter of the price. But, hey, for three bucks, what did I have to lose?

As luck would have it, the Revlon eyeliner was also black, so I tested them against each other, and the results blew me out of the water. Revlon, which has never disappointed me before (it's the ONLY place I go for lipstuff and powder), turned out to be a rare miss: in the spirit of enquiry, I checked up on my eyeliner every hour or so, and I found that staying power throughout the day was decent (a little transference onto my upper lid/browbone, but it didn't completely disappear), but after I passed, say, the 10- or 12-hour mark, pretty much all of it fled northward. My el cheapo little Wet 'n' Wild, on the other hand, lasted all day, and by that I mean all day *and night*. I noticed some transference, a lá Revlon, at the very end of the day, but by that point, I was ready to take it off and go to bed anyway.

Revlon's wear time: 10-12 hours (not bad, but it turns out my oily, hooded lids are made of sterner stuff).
WnW's wear time: 16 hours, easy.

Of course, there are a couple of tradeoffs: I found that WnW was a little crumblier, and the color was a little harsher/less blendable, but I guess that's the price to pay for such long wear (if you haven't figured it out yet, that's kind of my priority).

Pros:
- Lasts LIKE WHOA. This little workhorse lasted through a full day of classes (which included hot weather and a sad movie, so it also passes the crying-test and sweat-test, in addition to the oily-hooded-lids-test) and WELL into the evening.
- Half to a fifth of the price of anything else you'll find in a drugstore, let alone the higher-end stuff, and usually has more product per pot, too.
- Entirely satisfactory on the color front: dark, dramatic, and yet easily tamable for those who, like me, prefer a more natural and less BAM! look.

Cons:
- I wasn't super impressed with the packaging. I pretty much immediately set aside the little brush it came with - I found it unwieldy, stiff, and all-around difficult to manage. I could also do with a little more stability from the pot- as it is, the bottom is somewhat rounded, and it's a little top-heavy, so I do have to be careful not to tip it over.
- Has a slight tendency to crumble. I noticed a few small particles of it showing up a little ways down my face throughout the day, but I'm pretty sure I only noticed these because I was obsessively monitoring my eyeliner.
- While it is, as I've said, an impressive little workhorse, it does eventually transfer. But I'm still pretty new to gel eyeliners, so maybe this is just something that happens to them all, sooner or later.

Takeaway:
Go for it! The color is great, the lasting power is phenomenal, and all for less than the price of a bag of chips.

13 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No