Zoe 1" Professional Styling Iron

2.8

on 1/19/2010 9:41:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Honestly, you're getting a cheapie flat iron here. And for the price, it's a great iron. I got mine on clearance at Ulta for $19.99, but even at the regular $39.99 price this is just fine. I didn't have any problems with the plates meeting, I didn't have any problems with the iron heating up too high. My only complaint is that the design is a little goofy (they only had the pink stars or the cherries left) but again, for 20 bucks, I'm good.

on 9/1/2009 12:25:00 PM

I have had the Zoe flat irons for about 3 months. It straightens hair well and leaves it very soft. My daughter has very thick and course hair, so it leaves a smooth texture. However, I am very careful with the heat. The 450 degree setting without an adjuster is really dangerous. That is why I flat iron her hair for her. If not she would burn her hair out. I wish it had a tempature setting since I think it would be much better for her hair.

on 7/15/2009 11:56:00 PM

I bought this straightener at Ulta for $30. The cute pink polka dot design lured me in. I bought it thinking it was good quality.... boy was I wrong! At first I liked this straightener. After about 5 months of use, one of the plates snapped off. I brought it back to Ulta and returned it for the newer Zoe cherry design straightener. I had not straightened my hair in a while and decided to let it go naturally wavy for a few weeks. When I went on vacation, I decided to straighten my hair and my cousin offered to help with her CHI. By the time my cousin had straightened half of my head, I had only straightened about three pieces. Yes, that is how bad it is! It wasn't until then that I had realized that this Zoe straightener was CRAP! For now I am using my mom's BaByliss Pro 1" and it works waaaayyy better! Soon I am planning to get a Solia straightener so I have a good professional quality flat iron. With this Zoe, you get what you pay for. It snags, leaves split ends, creates frizz and takes forever. Nothing good to say about this.

on 6/29/2009 4:10:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

After reading all the negative reviews on here I almost decided not to open it and just return to ULTA...however, I'm actually really really impressed with this product! First of all, the design is amazingly adorable with little cherries all over- usually I'm so sick of getting ready but this makes it kind of fun! So girly! I used to have an expensive CHI straightener but gave it to my sister bc she was badly in need of one...her hair is fried up and she needed something to really smooth it out. For me, the CHI made my hair really flat but really soft...too flat to complement my face unfortunately. She traded me & gave me a WIGO which was awful, snagging my hair and burning my fingers just from the hair getting so hot itself...yikes. So on to the Zoe...it's the first straightener I've liked!! It makes my hair look nice and straight without losing all the volume I work so hard for with expensive shampoos. Hair isn't shiny and stick straight but more like you had a really good volumizing blowout. I'm not even sure that it's necessarily a straightener since they call it a styling iron-supposedly u can waves or curl your hair with it. The plates on mine definitely meet, it's just not noisy with the plates clinking. It doesn't burn my fingers at all when I touch my hair after going down the strands, and you don't need "gloves" to use it cos the handle is not hot at all. It does heat up really fast though. My hair is really healthy so for me I don't need ceramic, I just need volume and texture if anything. That being said, I don't think it would work on really thick curly hair. I am so happy I bought this and for the price-ahhh it feels like a great purchase!

on 2/26/2009 1:47:00 AM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

worst ceramic flat iron..ever! It snags my hair and it doesn't even do the job. It's a total waist of money.

on 2/13/2009 10:08:00 PM

Cute and inexpensive. Long plates were appealing. Horrible temperature control, plates don't seem to come together enough to make good contact with hair. Need to run it through at least twice. Although it was "only" $30 bucks, I like my $15 Andis better. For the record, my hair is shoulder length, naturally curly/wavy, fine in texture - not especially hard to straighten, yet this one doesn't cut it.

on 11/26/2008 1:25:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I have a Wigo iron that lost its protective coating on it and felt it was time to replace it. Ulta advertised the Zoe's for $29.99 and said they were professional with a value of $130.00. So I decided we would give it a try. The wand itself is very cute and girly with polka dots all over it. I had my daughter try it out when we got home to see how well it performed and I noticed it put shine back into her hair as a flat iron should do and I was thrilled at the value. Until I decided to use it on my bangs which is the only thing I usually straighten. I immediately smelled smoke and yelled at my daughter to quickly turn it down and she told me you can't there is no temperature control. I don't know about you but 450 degrees on my bangs is over kill not to mention hazardous. Nor do I want my daughter frying her hair. I figured since it said professional it would perform better than this, but I will be taking this back and looking for something more substantial. Its not worth it to save money and wind up ruining your hair in the long run.

on 9/28/2008 10:26:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I have the zoe flat iron and it cost me 29.99 plus tax, 32.01, I'm heading to ULTA again to purchase another flat iron today and test out how that one works out. If I don't like it, I can always return it or sell it on ebay! hehe..but its pretty decent actually. I guess it doesn't have a temperature adjustment but you can wear gloves if you want to and its not too bad. I curled my hair and straighten it also. I reccommend that you use some sort of styling product before you decide to straighten because it will make a significant difference!! But overall its actually pretty decent. I'm going to purchase another one for 39.99, its slimer and has longer ceramic plates. See which one I like!! OH AND THEY are having a sale on most of their drugstore make up!! gottta check it out. hope this helps!

on 7/23/2008 10:51:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

I own a CHI 1' but needed something to keep in the office because i take the train to work and my hair gets wind blown at times. I was looking at ulta or sallys for a cheap CHI alternative and found this OMG!! I got this from ulta for $25 (orginally $30, but had coupon). I tried it out at home instead of the CHI one morning and it worked the same, i mean exactly the same. My hair stayed straight even on a hot humid day. I love the artwork on the sides is so cute and mod flat iron. I cant believe i payed $120 for the CHI, and this zoe flat iron was $25. Bummer!

Popular Hair Styling Tools