July 28, 2014 | 1148 users online

Makeup Brushes - Essence of Beauty - Deluxe Duo Set for Face

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2010 4:53:00 AM More reviews by colourfulapple

I bought this whole set for $10+

Brushes that are usually this cheap are not of good quality at all. But I was surprised about how well all the brushes worked.

This set has 3 duo brushes with 6 uses. When I bought mine from CVS, they were giving an additional eyeshadow brush. There is the concealer and foundation duo. The blush and powder duo, and the blender and eyeshadow duo.

The ones I use the most are the concealer & foundation duo and the blush & powder duo. It does not shed or cause liquid foundation to streak. The brushes are soft and easy to use. I use the concealer brush for my undereyes and it spreads the concealer evenly. It works well on the inner corners of the eyes.
Even though the powder brush is small, it works okay to spread loose powder all over my face. I only need to "dip" it in my powder once. The blush duo is slightly angled and disperse the right amount of color.

The only thing that I do not like is the eyeshadow brush. I find that it is too large for my Asian eyes, and I find it disperse too much product.

Overall, I am very satisfied with this set. It's worth every cent!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2010 12:44:00 AM More reviews by Annabellagrace

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have just purchased these makeup brushes, so my review is from only a few days of experience with them. BUT...
They are Amazing!
-The Foundation brush is so soft and doesn't let you waste any makeup. It is easily my favourite out of the set.
-The concealer brush is wonderful, perfectly blends concealer into the skin, I only use tiny amounts of concealer, but I love the final result.
-The Blending brush is great, provides a really nice finish, and it is SO soft, it feels like your pampering your face every time you use it.
-The Powder brush is pretty petite in size :) however, it takes a good amount of powder to my face without over-doing it.
-The Blusher brush is perfect, applys the exact amount of blush required for my makeup, and contours in a circular motion with ease.
-And finally, the Eye Shadow brush...I don't think I will use this one as much, because I hardly ever wear Eye Shadow, but I tested it out on my eye lids and it's also incredibly soft and seems like it'd be very re-usable and washable.
None of my brushes have shredded yet, and I would Absolutely buy these again.
You have to lay them flat because they are duo brushes. But I don't mind as I do that anyway.
I can't believe the appaling texture and application of the drugstore brushes I was using previously, they were so rough and gave me a terrible finish. You don't realise what you were missing, until you try these E.o.B Brushes :) Love them.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/11/2010 8:33:00 PM More reviews by M1RACLE

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I had been dying to get my hands on these brushes since I saw MichellePhan using them but I don't have a CVS nearby since I live in Canada. However, 4 weeks ago I saw it for $10 (now $13 from the same seller) on eBay so I quickly placed an order. The seller didn't package it well. He bent the case that held the brushes and so I don't use it to store my brushes. But that's fine since I have my own method of storing my brushes.

Now as for the brushes.. The powder brush came off but I think that is probably the seller's fault but I just glued it back to the connector handle and it's okay. The brushes except the foundation and concealer brush duo SHED. The powder and blending eye brushes shed as I was feeling them as I got them, as I was washing them and as I was using them. The angled blush brush did shed a bit while I was washing it but nothing compared to the other ones. The foundation/concealer brush hasn't shed one bit and is quite soft but on the skin it's a little prickly.

All in all, it's worth more than just a try at $10 (with free shipping too) since the foundation/concealer and angled blush brushes do do their jobs well. I put down that I wouldn't purchase them again but I did. It's only because I placed an order for the 88 neutral palette on eBay and the seller also sold the same brushes together. And so I paid about $16.50 for the palette and brushes. It hasn't arrived yet but I'm hoping that the brushes that are coming will be better quality since I hope that I just got a bad set this time.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/2/2010 1:36:00 PM More reviews by xmakemeoverx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This set of brushes has everything you need to create the perfect face. There's a foundation brush, one for concealer, a mascara comb, a blush and bronzer brush, a powder brush, and an eye shadow brush (one side is for contouring and the other is for the lid). My favorite brush is the eye shadow brush because you can use both sides to get whatever look you want. Plus it's very compact and handy so I don't have to carry around so many brushes just for a day or so. The price is unbeatable because you're getting 5 basic brushes for the price of one at Sephora or MAC. The quality is also unbeatable as well and I've had them for at least a year and they're all still working like a charm. If you're looking for a set of brushes and for a good price, I recommend these brushes to anyone (beginner or advanced makeup artist). They sure do work great!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/19/2010 10:00:00 AM More reviews by hellokitty10

I love these dual ended brushes! My favorite is the concealer/foundation brush. It just grabs the product and blends it effortlessly. I also really like the contour/powder brush. I use the contour brush for bronzer and and powder brush to set concealor. The blending/eye shadow brush is...ok. I find that the eye shadow brush applies very strangely so the eye shadow creases. I don't use the blending brush because the concealer/foundation brush works so well it doesn't need to be blended.

Even though these brushes are a little difficult to store because they're dual ended, I just keep them in the packaging they came in which works well and doesn't take up much space.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/16/2010 6:13:00 PM More reviews by nicnackk

I bought this pack a while ago and all of the brushes are still going strong ! for $15 you really can't beat it, and the quality of the brushes is great.

My favorite brush is the foundation brush. I 100% prefer this to my MAC 190 for foundation application. The 190 is too dense for me, but the shape and denseness of the EOB one is perfect. While it does apply the foundation A BIT streaky its nothing that cant be fixed, you just have to work with it a little. I like the concealer side as well, its the perfect size to dot the concealer under my eyes. I then flip the brush and blend out the concealer.

My second favorite brush is the angled blush brush. While it is not really dense at all, it gets the job done. I actually prefer to use this for cream blushes rather than powder. On the flip side, the powder brush, is actually a great highlighter brush. I use this on my cheekbones and down the bridge of my nose. I don't think i have the patience to use this as an all over powder brush.

While I don't love the eye brushes, they don't go completely to waste. The only eye brush I use is the large fluff brush. It reminds me a lot of MACs 227 so i use it for highlight. It actually distributes the shadow pretty nicely to the brow bone. Its not my favorite at all but its decent.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2010 7:21:00 PM More reviews by crystalxo101

I love these brushes. I love the foundation brush the most. I know some people hate that they are double sided but it saves you a lot of money and it's really not that hard to wash, i wash my foundation brush like every three or four days. Plus the bag they come in has this thing to you can lay them flat on your counter perfectly. Plus the foundation brush normally is 10.49 by itself while this whole thing is 14.99. That is the price of the concealer and the foundation brushes alone. THen you get the powder and blush brush. I know some peoplea re like oh its so small but if you have the time, pleas use it,, it gets the job done perfectly,same goes for the blush (which i use to contour). the eysahdwo is good but the blender brush is to big. But when i bought mine they had a extra free brush which came with a blender/eyeshadow brush. they always give away free brushes

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2010 2:20:00 AM More reviews by marvin1

I don't like double-ended brushes overall, because it is difficult to store and wash. The only way to store these brushes are to lay them flat down. Otherwise, one side is always getting dirty/squashed. Also, you have to wash them very carefully so that water doesn't seep into the ferrule of one side, loosening the glue. Two out of the three brushes in this set have FALLEN APART or BECOME LOOSE on the ferrule. This has ONLY happened to these brushes and the cheapie Coastal Scents travel set that I own. One good thing is that these brushes have not really shed on me through washes, but that's not much use to me when the brush itself is falling apart or is too sparse to begin with. I'm not repurchasing.

As for the individual brushes, the winner in this pack is definitely the Foundation/Concealer brush. It's of excellent density and shape. The contour/other brush is too sparse and doesn't have a solid enough shape. The other eye brush has a good dome-shaped brush for overall eye colour, but the only use I have found for the flat end is to put setting powder under my eyes.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/2/2010 12:39:00 PM More reviews by hikuto

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I adore the foundation/concealer brush. Its really convenient as I would use the concealer to do spot concealing or dabbing under the eye area to conceal dark circles then flip the brush and blend with the foundation end.

In terms of the other brushes I don't use them much, but they were really soft and there wasn't much shedding even through I washed them a few times. Just a few the first time I washed them (but none on the foundation/concealer one),

Took off a lippie since I disliked the packaging :'D It flattens the brushes and kind of squishes them in, better to store them else where.

Definitely recommend this even just for the foundation/concealer brush as it worked really well for my bb creams and liquid foundation + concealers =D

Edit: I thought it was a waste since I don't really use the other brushes, so I tried to use them a few more times. While I'm still ok with the eye-shadow duo, the contour and powder brush shed quite a lot, especially the powder brush. I always end up with a couple of black hairs everytime I tried to set my concealer with it. Its very annoying so yeah, thats my main annoyance at the moment ;;

rated 4 of 5 on 4/24/2010 8:16:00 PM More reviews by blackmumboe

A very nifty product that's not only great for travel but also for my daily makeup. I predominantly use the concealer and foundation brush as I find it very convenient especially during the mornings when I'm rushing to school. The other two brushes are decent and I use them from time to time when I get lazy to whip out my MAC brushes. the bristles are decent and do not shed very often. At such an affordable price, this is a lovely addition to my brushes and makes for fast makeup. It isn't easy to wash them though as you have to wash them one side at a time but I don't dislike the product at all.