Dove Go fresh - cucumber & green tea scent

Cyclopentasiloxane, Stearyl Alcohol, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, PPG-14 Butyl Ether, Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Dimethicone, Polyethylene, Fragrance (Parfum), Steareth-100, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, BHT

on 9/23/2014 11:00:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

After trying different brands, types & scents of antiperspirant/deodorant, I always drift back to Dove's Cucumber & Green Tea whenever the other products ultimately fail. I keep a backup of this in my desk at work & have bought this in bulk at home when it was on sale, so I've got plenty to last me ages. It gets the job done (I use the solid, which always remains creamy smooth & doesn't dry out like other solids I've used) & need to apply less than other brands. The refreshing cucumber scent is pleasant & longlasting but not overpowering. Great price & very affordable, not to mention easily found in any drugstore. A great staple. TurtleMoon's review below is pretty much on the mark!

on 9/17/2014 7:03:00 PM

A good one

on 7/15/2014 2:14:00 PM

It's a very rare product that drives me to say this but I would literally cry if Dove ever discontinued this deodorant! I have the spray version and it has to be one of the best ones I've ever used. It definitely works as an anti-perspirant (I cycle 4 miles to work every morning, so it definitely gets tested) and the scent is just heavenly; it's really fresh and light and doesn't interfere with any other perfumes I wear. In fact if they did a fragrance version of this in the UK I'd be at the front of the queue to buy a stash of them.

I love this deodorant so much I try to keep a stock of at least 2 or 3 in the house to make sure I'm never out of it. It's reasonably cheap too - around 2.00 a can, although Boots often include it as part of their 2 for 1 offers (which is just the excuse I need to stock up on more). Unless they stop making it, I genuinely won't be using any other deodorant for the foreseeable future. Thank you Dove!!

on 7/8/2014 11:50:00 AM

I really like this deodorant, I've used a clinical strength deodorant for over 5 years because nothing else worked for me. I recently decided to try this because the clinical deo was getting super expensive at around $10-$13 a pop - while this is around $3-$4 for double the amount. And, it works just as well. I haven't noticed an increase in sweat or B.O. At all since switching, and this actually smells better and leaves less white marks on my clothes.

on 7/2/2014 4:52:00 PM

Hi all,

I purchased this deodorant about a year ago with high hopes as I had heard that Dove were a good brand. I liked it at first (mainly because of the scent), but soon after I realized that I really regretted buying this.

Pros:

1. The scent is BEAUTIFUL! I can honestly say it is one of my favorite fragrances ever!
2. It does moisturize the delicate skin of your armpits (which is good after shaving).

Unfortunately the list of Pros ends there. Now for the Cons.

Cons:

1. THIS PRODUCT OFFERS NO SWEAT PROTECTION AT ALL! I would check about an hour or so after applying and I would be sweaty. Dove claims this is an antiperspirant but this is NOT TRUE.

2. I found that it does mask the smell a bit but only for a short time before you smell of sweat with a slight undertone of green tea.

3. The packaging was cute at first, simple and fresh looking. But soon after the sticker peeled off and became sticky and annoying to apply and hold.

4. Also if you stop using this product for a while it dries up and is very hard to get rolling smoothly again.

5. This product is also very expensive for what it is. I don't want to spend $7 on a small, nonfunctional product.

My final verdict: All in all, I am very disappointed with Dove and this product. I expected more and I will not be purchasing this again and I encourage you to not either. 2/10.

Hope this helped someone! :)

Not my favourite scent -prefer the lemongrass one but it works well, easy to apply, good price and much preferable to the scents of sure and the like.

on 3/14/2014 10:20:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

this is a great deodorant. and i mean GREAT. I've tried lots of deodorants such as Secret, Degree, Lady Speed Stick ect. I'm a major gym goer and most of the deodorants don't work and have me sweating and stinking in like 2-3 hours at the most. I figured I would give this Dove one a try since I love their body washes and their hair products! Picked this up at Target for about 4 dollars. First of all I LOVE the smell, very clean and fresh. Best part was that it kept me nice and clean at the gym! I didn't get really gross and sticky under my arms and I DID NOT get that B.O. smell which is almost impossible to achieve especially at the gym. The next day I applied in the morning around 8 and I had school and work and when I got home at 7ish I still could smell that wonderful deodorant on me! Also it washes off well in the shower, some deodorants feel waxy under the arms and leave a residue that's impossible to remove, even after scrubbing in the shower but this one comes off very nicely. Also doesn't irritate my armpits, some deodorants have given me bad reactions and this one did not. Made my under arm area very smooth as well. It's a nice soft, smooth, almost creamy deodorant. They have a couple different scents as well, I also grabbed the Plum and Sakura blossom one which has the purple cap and the smell reminds me of sweet tarts! Great product, decent price, gets the job done and smells wonderful! I will repurchase again.

on 2/7/2014 1:44:00 PM

I love the scent of this product! I love how it cleans and moisturizes my body! I will totally repurchase; I recommend this is everyone who loves a clean body and the scent of green tea and cucumbers :)

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Good lord, this stuff stinks. Or rather, I do when I wear it. I have no problem with the original scent Dove, but this stuff is just ineffective on me.

The product itself smells fresh. Honestly, not really like real life cucumber or green tea, but it smells fresh and clean. Fine enough. However, after a few hours, it is as though I applied nothing! If I sniff my armpits, I smell sweat/BO to the same extent that I would if I had applied nothing.

I'm going back to Secret and throwing this crap out.

on 2/3/2014 3:03:00 AM

For years I tried to stick to organic, aluminium-free deodorants, but they made my underarms break out in a red rash and they didn't work at all (I had to reapply several times during the day). I got a travel size of this deodorant to test out and it works wonders. I put it on in the morning and it literally stays put all day long, it has a faint smell that's pleasant without being overpowering. My rash was gone within weeks, plus it's like 4 dollars. I will be sticking with this deodorant for a long time!