Laura Mercier Loose Setting Powder - Translucent

Translucent: Talc, Magnesium Myristate, Nylon-12, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Zea Mays (Corn) Starch, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Lauroyl Lysine, Methicone, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben, Ultramarines (Cl 77007), Iron Oxides (Cl 77491, Cl 77492, Cl 77499.

on 3/27/2014 4:14:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

Price: 3 (there's a lot in there)
Packaging: 2
Buy again: no

This is an okay powder. I have slightly dry skin so I have to make sure to moisturize well or else it brings out flakes on my nose. I'm nc15-20 and I wish the powder appeared slightly more translucent as it manages to cover most of my freckles in one pass. While the finish is matte/dusty even with a thin layer when first applied (not a fan), I think it actually looks really lovely a few hours in after it's mixed with my natural oils (I feel like I need to reapply after 5 hours); at this point my skin looks even, fresh and dewy. However I'm not sure I'd buy it again just for that.
On the packaging: there are loose powder containers that make much less mess than this-- the holes are too large and too many, causing an avalanche of powder to collect in the lid so that I must shake it slightly before opening to ensure the drift has moved away from the lip of the tub. I can't imagine taking this bulky tub out with me and trying to reapply a public bathroom.

on 3/18/2014 11:37:00 AM

A friend gave a sample size of this product and i fell in love. it is no doubt the finest loose powder out there and provides an amazing finish. this is a holy grail product. I love it!

on 9/17/2013 3:57:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

I wanted to love this but it contains Ethylhexyl Palmitate and Zea Mays which are both pore clogging ingredients. And it did it's job. It definitely clogged my pores. As soon as I stopped using this, my face cleared up.

I wouldn't recommend this to anyone who has acne prone skin.

on 8/3/2013 8:38:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I have been using it for years and it never lets me down.After applying it on liquid powder,skin looks smooth and natural.

on 4/14/2013 8:44:00 PM

I used this for the first time yesterday due to the fact that I'm out of my HG powder which is Maybelline's Dream Matte powder. I live in a really small town and the closest place to buy it is about a 30 minute drive from here and it's really out of the way. I ordered it in bulk and now I am just waiting it to arrive in the mail. I asked my mom if she had a powder I could use in the mean time and she gave me this out of the stuff she really doesn't use. I was kind of skeptical at first because I have really oily, dry, and acne-prone skin. I was worried it would make me really oily unlike Dream Matte which totally shuts down my oil production for the day which I LOVE. I have very pale skin so it's hard to find a powder that actually doesn't make my face look darker than my body but this was PERFECT. I loved it as soon as I put it on! My face felt so soft and it really set my foundation and made my face matte without looking cakey. I didn't get very oily through the day/night but everyone gets a little oily during the day. I actually noticed this made my eye makeup look a TON better too! It also made my eyeshadow crease less, how surprising! I really like this stuff! I will repurchase if I can! <3

on 4/7/2013 7:55:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

Love this setting powder. I have used it with all my liquid foundation and this makes my skin look flawless. It is quite expensive but lasts a long time. I am very impressed and would definitely purchase this again. Does a pretty good job with my oily skin. I only have to blot around lunchtime. I generally apply my makeup around 7:10 a.m. So that is a decent amount of time.

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Quite expensive but worth it! The powder is very thin and fine, and I love how it's translucent. My makeup lasts for a whole day after using this! Also, although it's expensive, it lasts for quite long so I'll repurchase.

on 1/2/2013 6:18:00 PM

A little on the pricey side but a beautiful fine powder which gives a flawless finish to my skin. Totally undetectable (even on my 'peach fuzz') Recommended!

on 12/29/2012 8:04:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I have been using this product for some years now. While I am normally skeptical about "translucent" cosmetics, as they generally appear far too light for my NC 35/40+ olive skin, this is truly a translucent powder. I use it year around to set my makeup, and I find that it's not only finely milled, but that it also works particularly well to set any extra foundation or concealer that I use over complexion flaws (I recommend the Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage brush for this purpose as well - I have also reviewed that item). It never appears cakey or builds up on my face, but this might be due in part to the fact that I am careful not to apply an excessive amount, and use blotting papers to control shine for the rest of the day. One container of this powder lasts me a very long time, despite almost daily use, and I like the sturdy screw-top container...it can easily be thrown into my makeup bag for travel without any worries about spills, which I appreciate. Definitely a staple for me, and a product that I would recommend to anyone.

on 12/25/2012 8:00:00 PM

Having read good reviews of this product and watching several make up gurus rave about it, I decided to try it. Although I like it well enough and have used it off an on for over three + months, I can't say I find it better than any other high end loose powder that I have purchased; it seems similar to Nars' loose powder, for example. I am finding that the older I get, the more careful I have to be with all types of powders - since they settle in my lines and wrinkles. I do always finish my makeup with a dusting of powder but these days I make sure it is finely milled and then spritz with Urban Decay's All Nighter. Don't think I will repurchase this but rather try something else.