December 18, 2014 | 1822 users online

Loose Powders - Laura Mercier - Loose Setting Powder - Translucent

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2013 8:38:00 AM More reviews by FelisCatus

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have been using it for years and it never lets me down.After applying it on liquid powder,skin looks smooth and natural.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2013 8:44:00 PM More reviews by Laurennnuhhh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I used this for the first time yesterday due to the fact that I'm out of my HG powder which is Maybelline's Dream Matte powder. I live in a really small town and the closest place to buy it is about a 30 minute drive from here and it's really out of the way. I ordered it in bulk and now I am just waiting it to arrive in the mail. I asked my mom if she had a powder I could use in the mean time and she gave me this out of the stuff she really doesn't use. I was kind of skeptical at first because I have really oily, dry, and acne-prone skin. I was worried it would make me really oily unlike Dream Matte which totally shuts down my oil production for the day which I LOVE. I have very pale skin so it's hard to find a powder that actually doesn't make my face look darker than my body but this was PERFECT. I loved it as soon as I put it on! My face felt so soft and it really set my foundation and made my face matte without looking cakey. I didn't get very oily through the day/night but everyone gets a little oily during the day. I actually noticed this made my eye makeup look a TON better too! It also made my eyeshadow crease less, how surprising! I really like this stuff! I will repurchase if I can! <3

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2013 7:55:00 AM More reviews by mwebba1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this setting powder. I have used it with all my liquid foundation and this makes my skin look flawless. It is quite expensive but lasts a long time. I am very impressed and would definitely purchase this again. Does a pretty good job with my oily skin. I only have to blot around lunchtime. I generally apply my makeup around 7:10 a.m. So that is a decent amount of time.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2013 5:04:00 AM More reviews by dolling1dlarry

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Quite expensive but worth it! The powder is very thin and fine, and I love how it's translucent. My makeup lasts for a whole day after using this! Also, although it's expensive, it lasts for quite long so I'll repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2013 6:18:00 PM More reviews by AUSSIEMUMMA

A little on the pricey side but a beautiful fine powder which gives a flawless finish to my skin. Totally undetectable (even on my 'peach fuzz') Recommended!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2012 8:04:00 PM More reviews by mecepeda

I have been using this product for some years now. While I am normally skeptical about "translucent" cosmetics, as they generally appear far too light for my NC 35/40+ olive skin, this is truly a translucent powder. I use it year around to set my makeup, and I find that it's not only finely milled, but that it also works particularly well to set any extra foundation or concealer that I use over complexion flaws (I recommend the Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage brush for this purpose as well - I have also reviewed that item). It never appears cakey or builds up on my face, but this might be due in part to the fact that I am careful not to apply an excessive amount, and use blotting papers to control shine for the rest of the day. One container of this powder lasts me a very long time, despite almost daily use, and I like the sturdy screw-top container...it can easily be thrown into my makeup bag for travel without any worries about spills, which I appreciate. Definitely a staple for me, and a product that I would recommend to anyone.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/25/2012 8:00:00 PM More reviews by 3110hello

Having read good reviews of this product and watching several make up gurus rave about it, I decided to try it. Although I like it well enough and have used it off an on for over three + months, I can't say I find it better than any other high end loose powder that I have purchased; it seems similar to Nars' loose powder, for example. I am finding that the older I get, the more careful I have to be with all types of powders - since they settle in my lines and wrinkles. I do always finish my makeup with a dusting of powder but these days I make sure it is finely milled and then spritz with Urban Decay's All Nighter. Don't think I will repurchase this but rather try something else.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/25/2012 8:21:00 AM More reviews by mikaavila94

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This powder was recommended by both Tanya Burr (pixi2woo on YT) and Christine from Temptalia so I saved up for it and it was so worth it. On my skin tone, I can attest that this powder is truly translucent. Also it feels so light and though it mattifies it doesn't cake up, instead it sets my foundation to the point where it looks like my very own skin (but better lol). The oil control depends on the heat in your country (in that case the problem is sweat more than oil) so yeah, maybe not so good oil control but it does keep my makeup in place and preps for good blending. Highly recommend!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/18/2012 2:50:00 PM More reviews by ktann916

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is one of my personal favorites from LM so far. A makeup artist I know told me to take a fan brush, swirl it around in just a tiny bit of of the setting powder and lightly sweep it over my cheeks, nose, forehead, etc. A little goes a long way! And while I'm still trying to decide if I like my creme foundation or return it for the tinted moisturizer,this product is a keeper! And I know it will last a very long time.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2012 9:57:00 PM More reviews by naralph

Surprisingly, really unimpressed with this setting powder. Perhaps it's the way I'm using it (powder brush). I might try another more pressed method, but so far not loving the results. May update once I've tried another way...

Updated 21.11.12 - I love this stuff. Granted, I need to use a good primer and foundation for it to adhere to, but when I do that - wow. Great stuff.