September 16, 2014 | 1615 users online

Scrubs - Dermalogica - AGE Smart multivitamin thermafoliant

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2013 10:50:00 PM More reviews by lisant72

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is worth every hard earned penny.

I am 31, and my skin is combination, very sensitive, and has some old acne scars.
This is in my top 3 of skin care must have's - its my weapon!

Its creamy and gentle on the skin, I use it twice a week on dry skin, and it is utterly transformative. My rough spots are obliterated by this amazingly effective scrub. I have used scrubs from clinique, estee lauder, kiehls, paulas choice, and every pharmacy brand there is - and nothing beats this scrub at this price point. Nothing comes close.
I am on my third tube - each tube lasts at least 6 months, if you use it twice a week.

The best thing about this scrub is not just the amazingly smooth baby skin that results from it, but that every serum and moisturiser you use after it is 3x more effective. My skin looks so noticeably great with this scrub - it literally glows. My skin tone is even, my blackheads are reduced, that dry skin around the nose and eyebrows is gone - my skin age is 31 but my skin looks better than it did 5 years ago.

Cannot recommend this highly enough.

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2013 4:14:00 PM More reviews by Zandra

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Ohhhhh my God.

So I got a Dermalogica facial (gift cert for my b day) and I couldn't leave without his scrub. When I discovered the price tag, about $60 for a scrub, I kinda felt like a sucker for purchasing a luxuary scrub - Not like a serum that stays on your face.

But now no other scrub compares!! It's like wearng Louboutins and then shopping at Payless. Honestly.

It's warming and has very tiny beads. It really gives the skin a polishing and smooths out all the rough surface. My skin started to feel much smoother, blackheads seems to be disappering and my moisturizer sunk in my skin quite nicely after using the tereatment and there after.

Honestly, this is a product that is worth the splurge. It lasted about 5 months, which is pretty good. I found I really needed it once maybe twice a week at most. You won't be disappointed!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2012 8:32:00 PM More reviews by Delilabee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Um, what am I missing here? My tube has no thermal action at all - none, nada, zip. I have used it three times - once on my hand and twice on my face. NO THERMAL ACTION.
As an exfoliator it's fine; nothing special, but OK. I have definitely used scrubbier scrubs than this.
The ingredients seem good. It's just very expensive for something that's "fine" and does not even deliver the novelty thermal action that's the basis of its advertising. (Perhaps my tube is way out of date or something???)
I would not repurchase at this price point.
EDIT: Changed my mind and added one lippie! Inexplicably, after the first two doses of product came out of the tube, the thermal action kicked in. Perhaps the product had settled from storage. I now appreciate the smooth, soft, clean skin this creates after a good scrub in the shower. You need to use a good big blob of it though. I've decided this is definitely superior to Epidermx, which gives an unsatisfying squeaky/sticky/not clean finish. I am re-purchasing the Thermafoliant.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2012 8:33:00 AM More reviews by Elena1981

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

AMAZING! Amazing! Amazing... thatís what I kept saying in front of the mirror after Iíve used it the very 1st time. :) I would call it a face POLISH, as it makes the skin texture extremely smooth and silky.
Iíve never used exfoliants that contain BOTH chemical and physical exfoliants before, and this ďage smart thermofoliantĒ was the 1st one. And my God, it is so perfect! It not just lifts away dead skin cells, that all the scrubs do, but also stimulates natural cell renewal, contains vitamins A, C, E and antioxidants. I believe it is a must have product for those who are over 25 years old.
It contains Salicylic acid, Retinol (=vitamin A that makes magic), Lactic acid, Tocopherol (= vitamin E), Citric acid, Camellia Sinensis leaf extract (=a green tea extract, that is one of the best antioxidants) and they are all in the beginning of the ingredients list and it means that this thermofoliant has a decent amount of them and not like sometimes the advertisement emphasis for example on retinol in the product and then you see it somewhere in the end of the ingredients list... and the product hardly does anything from what you expect retinol has really to do. But this is not the case with this thermofoliant. It also contains the following extracts and oils that the skin definitely benefits from : hydrolyzed opuntia ficus flower extract, soybean seed extract, licorice root extract, bixa orellana seed oil, safflower seed oil, lemon peel extract, olive oil PEG-7 esters, sunflower seed oil, rosa damascena flower oil, clove leaf oil, pelargonium graveolens oil, lemon peel oil, rosewood wood oil.
This blend of ingredients makes magic and makes itsí price, 75ml. costs 50 euro but it is really worth it! I will definitely repurchase it again because I fell in love with this miracle product! :)

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/3/2012 12:10:00 AM More reviews by RedLipsCatEyes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this exfoliator. Provides microdermabrasion results and I only need to use once a week. Pores are clean, no white heads, acne scars are lightened, skin is smoother and brighter, skin tone is more even. What else can I say? Love it! Use it with AgeSmart Skin Resurfacing Cleanser and Antioxidant Hydramist followed by moisturizer. I will purchase again especially since I only have to use it once a week so it should last quite awhile.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/20/2012 2:24:00 AM More reviews by Corak

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a heavy-duty fine-textured exfoliating scrub that contains some pretty expensive exfoliating ingredients.The main selling point of this exfoliant is that it gives you the smoothness and clarity you get with using traditional exfoliating lotions, but you don't have to wait as long (you massage for 5 mins and rinse off). This is also a great alternative to exfoliating lotions when you want your face exfoliated, but you can't walk around the house with your face smothered in a thick layer of exfoliating cream, such as when you have friends over. I use this on nights when I don't use my regular exfoliating lotions because I am completely exhausted and just want to collapse on the bed. The only con of this product is that it is very pricey for being a relatively small tube.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/29/2012 5:59:00 AM More reviews by rissajadex

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this exfoliant! Although I have young skin, I have alot of blemish scars and visible pores, and this product is excellent for diminishing them. It heats up when in contact with water, and gives skin a really polished look and feel from the first use. If used on dry skin (with no water), it is slightly more abrasive, so I use with a tiny bit of water, and it works perfectly. Slightly pricey but so worth it! My skin always feels so much smoother and cleaner afterwards. No complaints!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2012 1:41:00 PM More reviews by jmccall93

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I decided to finally try this product after reading the positive review on here. and I have to say... I LOVE this product. I have oily skin that tends to dry out in the winter and look dull. This scrub has worked wonders on my skin and I've had no additional breakouts to speak of. Just my usual adult acne. I use it every other day right now and alternate with the microfoliant. I may give up the microfoliant all together and just use the thermafoliant I love the results so much

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2011 8:38:00 AM More reviews by hippihanna

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my favourite exfoliator available To date! It leaves my skin so soft, smooth and brightened.
You can use it on damp skin and you may also use it on a dry but slightly damp face for a much deeper scrub.
I cant say anything negative about this, i love everything about it.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2011 9:49:00 AM More reviews by saki35

This exfoliater makes your skin feel like silk . Have always used cheaper exfoliators in the past but after using this I will never go back to them. My complexion and uneven skin tone has really improved after only a couple of weeks of using this product. I hope these results continue and would recommend to anyone