Anastasia Of Beverly Hills Brow Powder Duo

4.6

on 2/17/2015 1:33:00 AM

This is a nice product. I always reccomend this for brow newbies as it is really quite difficult to get wrong.
The ashy tone is complimentary to so many hair/skin types and it's very easy to achieve a natural looking brow.
I use this when I don't have to time (or energy...) to apply my Suqqu liquid brow pen.
The staying power is pretty good, but nothing amazing.

This is probably something that will always be in my makeup kit.

on 2/15/2015 11:21:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Curly, Medium

Very good product if you like your eyebrows to look natural and not overdone.

on 2/9/2015 7:23:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Holy brow! HG brow product without a doubt. Dip Brow is another great brow product by Anastasia BH, but the brow duo is foolproof and can be used for day or night. I use this in Ebony, which is a perfect match and suitable to those with dark brown to black hair and brows (oddly enough, the dark brown shade looks lighter than Dipbrow in dark brown, which is why I opted for the powder duo in Ebony). It comes in a small compact with tiny mirror, and includes two shades (lighter and darker) which can be used individually, or as I prefer, blended for the ideal match. Once I brush my brows into place, I very lightly outline the bottom of my brows with a tiny bit of product (I use Tarte's dual brow brush/spoolie). I then lightly fill in the arch/sparce areas, and when I'm done, I brush through with a spoolie to evenly distribute product. I sometimes finish off with a brow gel (I use Maybelline Great Lash in Clear). All of this takes hardly any time- the product is very smooth, pigmented, and easy to apply. My brows look so much better, but still very natural looking. It's actually not that apparent that I have done up my brows, as they look naturally darkened (but of course, I can tell the difference and I am always pleased with the results). It lasts all day without fading. I highly recommend the brow duo to all those looking for a quality, easy to apply, natural looking brow powder. HG.

on 1/26/2015 3:47:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

PERFECT brow powder due. I use this everyday (taupe) and set it with brow gel. Stays on very well. I love that it has two colors in each set. Great color selections.

I love this stuff! My eyebrows are a little sparse and I use this to make them look fuller without looking too drawn on. Very natural looking and stays all day

on 12/14/2014 12:13:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

$22 will last you FOREVER.

Anastasia has updated their product look to a black and rose-gold compact - which I hate - there's something very girly and provincial about the silver striped one! I bought my first and only Ebony brow duo back maybe in 2010 and it's almost 2015...you know how a product has been used because the imprint has been messed up? My brow powder cake still has that on the edges! Plus I've been using this for nearly everyday in my makeup routine (sometimes I use NYX Brow Cake in Ash) and hardly have hit pan. It's just an itty bitty hole on the darker side of the shadow.
This is soooo pigmented that you don't have to dip and swipe your brush too many times, which is why one compact has lasted me well beyond 4 years. Looking at how much I have left, I could say it could go for another 4?

It's gotten a lot of loving, but it looks half-used. It's crazy.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

This product is a bit procey for what is basically just eyeshadow, but it comes with a lot of product and is pigmented enough so it will last a fair amount of time. The shadow really is long wearing which I like, and the duo in ebony defines the eyebrows well but still looks more natural than a harsh brow pencil. It also comes with a mirror and the packaging is nice( looks pretty as well). Overall I would recommend this to someone who wants well defined but soft eyebrows.

This product is absolutely amazing. When I first started filling in my eyebrows, I used a regular brown eyeshadow which just looked horribly fake and never stayed on for very long. When I found out about this, I was a little hesitant to buy it because of the price tag, but now I can say that it is absolutely worth the price. This product looks so natural on your brows; everyone is surprised when I tell them I fill mine in! It has just the right amount of pigment without looking too dramatic or too faint, but you can apply it lightly and build it up if you so choose (I use a regular angled brush and it works great). The duo shades are perfect because you can always get just the right colour, and I was so impressed with how the product stays on; I played water polo for an hour and the brow powder was still almost perfectly in place, even after dunking my head in the water! The product lasts forever, too; I've had mine for almost a year and I haven't even reached the bottom of the pot yet; you only need a few brush strokes each time. I've also dropped it plenty of times on hardwood and tile floors, and no part of it has broken yet. I will definitely be using this product for as long as I will be filling in my brows! =)

Pros:
- very natural looking but also great for making a dramatic brow
- extremely long-lasting and reasonably water/rub-resistant
- great range of shades to match your hair perfectly
- one pot lasts forever so it's worth the investment

Cons:
- pricey at first, but I've found that it's really worth the value!

on 9/14/2014 4:16:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I am obsessed w the perfect brows! If my brows are on point, my entire day is better. TBH, ABH products have changed my life. I have a kit w the brow powder & a highlighting e/s that came w stencils/brush, another brow powder kit that came w the brow powder, brush, & clear mascara stuff for your brows; a set of stencils, Dip Brow, & the Dip Brow brush w a spoolie on the other end (all ABH in Medium Brown), I love the brow powder that came w the highlighting e/s set because in the compact is also some of the ABH brow wax. I love ABH products, you could say I am slightly obsessed! And obsessed w getting the perfect brows. I went to the Ulta Benefit Brow Bar (& unfortunately my brows were too thin to be waxed! Wahhhh!!! I hope they will grow in....), but I was matched to the dip in Taupe initially but purchased Soft Brown & exchanged for Medium Brown dip, so I knew finally which shade I was, so I was able to order the 2 brow powder sets on Ulta dot com sight unseen & they arrived promptly to my house. I am so happy w the ABH Medium Brown shade in both powder & dip brow. The Brow Powder makes a more natural look than the dip brow. The dip is more dramatic. The Brow Powder seems a bit lighter than the dip brow, color wise. The brushes for the Brow Powder & dip brow are identical (slant brushes sort of like what you use for winged gel eyeliner!). I plan on buying ABH's brow pencil when I get my money. ABH is the best for brows, the gold standard in brow makeup, if you want the very best get Anastasia Beverly Hills. Very hyped right now, some may say overhyped but ABH is deserving of high praise in every form.

on 9/14/2014 2:47:00 AM

I use this in chocolate and it's perfect for a polished but natural looking brow. I use the lighter of the two colours at the front of my brows and the darker of the two on the tail of my brow. It's well pigmented and easy to use. $30 CAD may seem like a steep price for this product but you do t need much and the pan will last you ages. I prefer this to any MAC shadows I've used in my brows. It's amazing.

Popular Brows Products