Cover Girl Aqua Smooth Make-Up - Creamy Natural 720

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide Other Ingredients: Cyclopentasiloxane, Water, Butylene Glycol, Silica, Niacinamide, Tridecyl Isononanoate, Sorbitan Isostearate, Talc, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Ozokerite, Tocopheryl Acetate, Panthenol, Tocopherol, Cyclomethicone, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Dimethicone, Methicone, Cyclotetrasiloxane, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Stearic Acid, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Acetate, Mica, Iron Oxides, Aluminum Hydroxide

First the good:
- this is better than the expensive Laura Mercier cream foundation
- blends easily for a cream (I'm pale and the ivory shade works on me)
- feels good on skin (not tacky)
- doesn't look matte or too shiny
- minimizes pores and fine lines, unlike some foundations that bring out lines I didn't know I had
- evens skin tone
For reference, I usually use La Mer TM.

Now the bad:
- you need to use a light hand to avoid getting the foundation caked into pores, which means that using enough to cover obvious discoloration or blemishes could leave you with peau d'orange (orange peel skin).
- it drags on and brings out dry spots (in fairness, I've never found a foundation that doesn't do this to some extent, but this is worse than a liquid foundation - it acts more like a powder and shows you EXACTLY where you need to exfoliate).
- turns powdery and can start to look like makeup and age skin,especially under bright light.
- I hardly ever break out from products, but I had 5 zits the morning after using this
- the packaging is bulky

Notes on contouring makeup technique:
I used ivory and soft honey (for contouring under the cheekbones, sides of nose, top of forehead, and jawline) and was... 80% successful. I blame my technique rather than the product for the somewhat streaky finish of the soft honey. I'd recommend first covering your entire face in the base shade, then blending contour over it. Some artists recommend starting with contour, but this makeup is too slippery for that. When you blend the contour shade, make sure you aren't blending it too aggressively toward the hairline or you could get balled-up foundation residue in your hair. Start with a thin line under cheekbones and blend down, not out.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

It's a really good product for my oily skin - I just lightly wipe some of this on and top it with a few pats of Maybelline Fit Me powder (115) and my skin looks absolutely flawless!

On my lighter days, I use BB Cream and some of this as concealer, which works perfectly.
My only complaints are that the packaging is a bit bulky - I would prefer a smaller compact style, and that on my skin it isn't ultra long-lasting without powder. And it is a bit expensive for my budget, but most makeup is pricier in Australia, so I'm rather used to it.

Cover Girl Aqua Smooth foundation in Classic Ivory is one of the best foundations I've ever used. And I've tried just about every formula at every price. I use a foundation brush and it blends beautifully, has great, mostly matte coverage. Yet it doesn't feel like a mask, more like nothing at all. It lasts all day, doesn't turn shiny, but removes easily with soap and water.

Now that I am a broke college student, I needed to switch to drugstore makeup. I used to use Colorstay, but it was too full coverage, and I felt like I was wearing a mask.
This makeup is medium coverage, which is perfect for me. It covers the redness on my chin without a need for concealer. It goes on wet, but it doesn't make you look shiny at all. I don't need powder with this, which is a major plus for me.
The downside for me is that it comes in this giant compact. It doesn't fit in my makeup case. But that's my only complaint so far.
Could possibly be my HG foundation.

I used to use this product in my everyday makeup routine before starting to experiment around with different types of concealers and foundations. Now that i'm looking back, I have no idea why I ever stopped using this product!! This was by far one of the BEST makeup products I have ever used. It has amazing coverage, doesn't get too caked, and doesn't slide off my face due to my oily skin. My next trip to the drugstore will have covergirl aqua smooth makeup on the list!!

I have oily skin that dries out in the winter. I used this last winter and LOVED it. It has great coverage and really made my skin look good. As the weather warmed up and became less dry, I decided that my skin was just too oily for this foundation. However, I was actually looking forward to when I could use this foundation again.

I bought it again this winter, but it seemed to cause terrible breakouts. It took me a while to make the connection, since I didn't have problems last year. It seemed like every time I'd use this, I'd get large, cystic breakouts. When I stopped using it, the breakouts stopped.

Although I love the coverage, I won't be using this anymore. For others with combination/acne-prone skin, it's worth a try, but have another choice just in case.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is a good light weight but provides coverage, ds cream foundation. Drugstores lack a wide variety of cream foundations, this one is inexpensive and leaves a semi matte finish. I have tried several different sunscreens, moisturizers under and it still doesn't wear as well longevity wise as other cream foundations I have tried. I wish it came in darker colors, they are all very light and even though I'm a very fair olive, in the summer w/self tanner it would be nice to have deeper shades.

I originally bought it because I went on a trip and forgot the one bag that I HAD to have, the one with all my mu and skin care! I know!!! I had my mother ship it to me but I had about 2 days before I'd get the bag and since my companion was my fiance, you guessed it, nary a cream, or concealer between us;)

I ran to the pharmacy but like many now, a lot of my go to products are ones i've ordered online. I have very dry, finicky, sensitive, reactive skin. I kind of grabbed and went and of all the things I snagged that day, this was the true winner. I wore it even after my bag arrived because I liked it so much! I think what stopped me from this remaining an hg was that it can be "slidey" even on my very dry skin, and the limited color range but I keep one or two in my makeup bag (for home) for days when I need to slap some coverage on and go. I liked this under my eyes very much, especially when topped with LM Secret Brightening Powder, which is a miracle product if you're over 40!!!

I just started using some new skin care and plan on giving this a go again as it may last longer that way. I always use this with a dampened sponge, set with powder, then spritz w/water.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Nice, matte but natural looking finish, stays put well and looks poreless. Eventually melts off around my nose, etc.

This is my absolute favorite! I've been using it for probably close to 6 years now. It goes on really smooth and covers excellently. I hope they never discontinue this, I would be in tears!

cant believe this but i love it! i only used to use prescriptves and bobbi brown foundations...but the economy and my skin has changed over the yrs making tthem not woth my effort and $ PLUS i went on a mineral make up tangent 4 yrs trying several major brands only to find that it ruined my skin and gave me horrible acne!! this is super ez to apply lightweight u dont feel it at all. i got buff beige and lightly dusy powder on top.. flawless and ZERO irritation bumps breakouts,hotness, burning, or itching it feels totally comfortable. a miracle and friggin cheap! tha packaging is a lil big n bulky but whatever im kinda a minimalist :) i love it. ps i got buff beige im lt/med yellow undertones