August 22, 2014 | 1948 users online

Concealers - Lancome - Maquicomplet Complete Coverage Concealer

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2013 4:44:00 PM More reviews by sharacw

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Of the concealers I have tried for my under eye circles, this one seems to be one of the best. It covers my dark circles quite well, and does not settle into the creases nearly as much as just about all the other concealers. The "Light Buff" shade matches my pale olive complexion particularly well. The only other I've tried so far that comes close, because it doesn't settle into my creases much either, is the HD Full Cover concealer. However the Lancome Maquicomplet concealer matches my skin shade slightly better, and looks a little less dry under my eyes. I think if I were likely to cry, I would wear the Full Cover concealer, as I do not believe Maquicomplet would hold up to crying very well.

I like the doe foot wand tip applicator, but I'm sure the product will build up around the top of the container where the lid screws on, and that can be unnecessarily messy.

Other concealers I've tried include L'Oreal True Match, Clinique "All About Eyes," and one or two other Revlon or L'Oreal products. The others settled into creases, or in the case of the Clinique one, did not match my skin tone well.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/9/2013 1:48:00 PM More reviews by Oui

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really, truly wanted to love this so much it's almost funny! I really dislike this as a concealer most days, because even though I moisturize well, it cakes up when I need a touch up because it fades, so I'll have to wipe the surface and reapply. So I wouldn't purchase this again as a concealer, but I would without doubt purchase this again to mix with my bb cream or alone. It works so well as a foundation, especially in a blotchy emergency, doesn't cake, feels like nothings there, and provides such a natural coverage! To conclude though I'm finding another concealer for my undereye shadows. :)
edit:
It works now, what a relief, I just spot concealer my face and go! :3

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2013 10:04:00 AM More reviews by joy2uandme

I've been using this now for a couple of years and I've tried many other concealers trying to find better but this still kicks a$$. It is so easy to work with that I keep coming back to it. My color is camee and it is very good for under my eyes and for spots on my MAC NC 25 C3, Bobbi Brown sand, Chantecaille vanilla, L'Oreal nude beige.

Texture is thin but it covers and easily without needing additional brushes, sponges, buffing pads, etc. You can carry this anywhere and add more and make it work.

It is not waterproof. Use Lancome effacernes for that.

I get very little creasing from this and I have wrinkles around my eyes. Of course I use eye cream first. I love that it has no sparkles. If I want shimmer I'll add that myself.

Comes in a doe foot lipgloss-like tube and tube can get messy around the rim. That's why I give pkging a 4 but there is plenty in the tube for the rather hefty price. Also comes in a lot of colors but not all are available everywhere.

No this concealer may not completely cover my terrible circles but I have yet to find one that does. I have bad allergic shiners, and a lot of heavy concealers seem to highlight the circles and still do not cover them any better than this lightweight option. And those heavier concealers end up a crepey mess as they dry into fine lines. This is a reliable go-to that gives me confidence to wear. I do not wear this to events where I know I will be crying a lot like funerals. For that I use effacernes under my eyes because that is a proven waterproof option.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2013 7:54:00 AM More reviews by chicwithstyle73

I love this concealer!!! Ive been looking for one to cover my red blotchy cheeks and a few acne scars, and this one works! It is a little thick, but I like that because it doesn't take much, just a few little dots on both cheeks and I use my finger just to tap it into my skin and then just smooth it out a little with my fingers. Make sure you get a concealer a little lighter than your skin. It covers so good that I don't even have to put foundation on everyday:) I would definitely recommend this concealer! I am half asian so my skin is about a medium color and I use the honey color. It is pricey, but you can buy on Ebay for a better price!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/17/2013 12:57:00 AM More reviews by sartorialiststalker

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

Not super impressed, especially for the price. Did nothing to cover my intense dark circles, even after strategic layering. On the plus side, the texture was beautiful and it applied very nicely. It's very easy to apply. Works well for blemishes, I suppose. If you have mild dark circles, this would probably work for you. However anyone with really bad dark circles should skip this one for sure.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2013 1:33:00 PM More reviews by lkay23

I was looking for a great concealer to cover my dark under eye circles and a few blemishes without creasing into any lines(not that I really have any) and this is it! Looks very nice, does not dry out and cause cakeness..And doesn't form any lines on it's own which was my biggest worry. Will def buy again

rated 4 of 5 on 12/7/2012 4:13:00 PM More reviews by babybell

I haven'e experimented a lot with concealers since I don't have that many skin issues, however i decided to give it a shot. This concealer is great for covering up acne or blemishes on the skin and it looks very natural! It's also great for brightening dark circles under the eyes! Overall its a great product and I will continue to use it. The only fault in the product is that I can always tell when I am wearing it because it can make my skin sweat and doesn't let it breathe.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/2/2012 3:04:00 PM More reviews by Walko

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Dissapointed in this one. For me a concealer is useless if it settles into fine lines and that's what this did.Just looked heavy and unnatural. I've used loads of concealers over the years and i do have my favourites but like most women feel there's always something better out there.Well this isn't it.It's easy when your young and just looking for something to cover darkness. But when the fine lines and wrinkles creep in shopping for concealer is a whole different ball game. I do not recommend this for us more mature ladies.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2012 10:58:00 PM More reviews by lilinah

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This may be my HG concealer! I've been looking off and on for a few years. I haven't been desperate, because i don't have puffy bags or really dark circles under my eyes, but i have blue quarter moons closer to my nose and tan quarter moons toward the center of my under eye. In my search i found two things: most concealers were too hard, waxy, pasty, or drying for my dry skin, and/or the color range did not include my fair neutral skin tone - most were too pink, or too peach, or too yellow.
I read reviews and descriptions on several sites while looking for concealers to test, and Maquicomplet ended up on my list. My local Sephora did not have the full range of colors, so i ended up with Light Buff, which is close but a tad too yellow and dark. Still i figured their return policy is so good that if i hated it, it would easy to return.
I am really happy with Maquicomplet: it blends like a dream into my foundation; it is moisturizing and soothing - and fortunately it does not irritated my often sensitive eyes. It stays soft, but it stays put, and doesn't dry up, crease, cake, or settle into fine lines.
I've read some complain that it goes on too thick, but i suspect that they applied it all over with the doe foot wand. What i do is put small dots where i want concealer - under my eyes, on a couple age spots, etc. Then i blend it out with clean fingers or a concealer brush. The silky texture blends out well and merges with my foundation.
Now i plan to go to a department store to test the fuller range of colors and i hope to find an even better match. My biggest concern is that i am not really certain how much is in that little tube and i'm going to use it up too soon, since it is expensive.
I would rather spend less, but multiple experiences with DS foundations and concealers have shown me that low end brands just don't work for me - they have been far too matte and drying, don't match my skin color, and irritate my skin and my eyes. So i am resigned to spending a bit more for products that feel good and behave well.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/9/2012 2:08:00 AM More reviews by NativeNewyorker

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

After an exhausting amount of research, reading reviews online and getting as much information as possible, I bought the Lancome Maquicomplet Concealer.

I have been looking for a new concealer for a while. Since 1996 I have been using Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage in #3. If I really love a product, I tend to stay with it. But recently, I realized that as I have gotten older, my skin is now much drier and there were other products out there that might suit me better.

The SA suggested Claire II, which is perfect for my NW25 skin. I went to the department store without any concealer under my eyes. I thought the color was a perfect match and that is something when it comes to my skin. This shade isn't yellow based like the Laura Mercier SC and it's not pink based. It's a neutral shade that matches my skin tone beautifully. As I wore it around the mall, I noticed that it had good staying power and the skin under my eyes felt very soft. It's easy to apply with the doeskin wand and I use the Real Techniques domed shadow brush or the crease brush to blend and buff it.

I narrowed my choices down to Shiseido, Estee Lauder and Dior along with Lancome. I realized that being older and having very dry skin, the heavy concealers don't work for me. They emphasize the dryness and lines. I tested the concealers from all these lines and Dior Sculpt Smooth Lifting Concealer in 002 was my second favorite. But the Lancome concealer was the best match and that sealed it for me.

I have problems with undereye bags and puffiness. This concealer does an excellent job of hiding them as much as possible. I never look for miracles. I am realistic and know that the only way to get rid of undereye bags is plastic surgery. But until I decide to make that decision, this concealer will do the job! I am really pleased with my choice.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No