September 1, 2014 | 1053 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Eucerin - Calming Creme Daily moisturizer

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2013 11:40:00 PM More reviews by gothspice

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

A regularly purchased item in the .99 travel size.
You can find it in grocery and drug stores, no need to go to Sephora.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2012 2:04:00 PM More reviews by allymack

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I like lotions that don't absorb into nothing on your skin, but also that don't sit on top of it and feel greasy, or sit on top of it feeling like weird residue. This lotion fulfills my requirements. It's thick and luxurious when squeezed from the tube. It's really great after a shave: I find some moisturizers can irritate freshly shaved skin, but this doesn't at all. Like all unscented products it isn't *truly* unscented. This one's scent isn't plastic-y or weird like some unscented products. It's a bit on the pricy side, but it's worth it. I've re-bought several times, and will continue to do so.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2012 12:55:00 PM More reviews by mecepeda

As someone with combination, cystic-acne prone skin that is a side effect from medication, I normally stay far away from facial moisturizers that are not 100% oil-free. However, when I found myself with significant peeling around my mouth from the retinoid cream that I use to fight acne, I tried this cream in desperation (the fact that it was fragrance-free and is designed to calm irritation sold me). Along with some *very gentle* exfoliation, a few dabs of this cream removed the burning dryness and redness after one or two applications - and didn't cause me to breakout in the process (which was my major fear). Whenever I have overly dry patches, this is the product that I turn to now. It's widely available in U.S. drugstores and is well worth the price...in fact, if you use it only occasionally you may be able to get away with buying just the trial size, which is what I did. I'm so glad I tried this, as it works better than far more expensive alternatives.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2012 1:38:00 AM More reviews by Gossers

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my daily lotion. It's scentless and leaves my skin very moisturized but not oily. It's more expensive than other drugstore lotions, but worth the price.

My only complaint is the packaging. I prefer pump dispensers as I like to lotion right after the shower and it's easier with a pump. Make sure to cut open the top after you're no longer able to squeeze any more lotion out. I guarantee you there's still tons (about 3-4 days worth) in the bottle.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2012 1:47:00 PM More reviews by cm826

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My sensitive/DRY skin often has eczema flare ups/hives due to allergic reactions so I love it. I recommended this to all my friends looking for a good cheap moisturizer that's good for all/most skin types

Pros:
-Good for sensitive skin
-Good for face AND body
-Absorbs well
-Doesn't cause break-outs
-Stops my face/skin from becoming itchy
-Easy to find at drugstores/markets/Target/Walmart
-Great price $9-$13 (on sale/avg)

rated 4 of 5 on 4/28/2012 2:01:00 AM More reviews by goldenfae

My skin rioted this year with a nice dose of psoriasis so I needed something much stronger and non-scented to help me through the winter. This has helped somewhat in the moisturizing department, but could be a lot better. My psoriasis spots are still itchy an hr or so later, but the parts of me that are not affected (hands, feet, torso, between the spots...) are soft and not flaking so I say fail on extremely dry/problematic skin but would work for those with normal northern winter dryness.

The texture is also really stiff like rubber cement and you can really work up a literal sweat trying to rub this into your skin. On the positive side, it has a touch of oil instead of silicon-y smoothness so I know it's not just temporarily coating my skin without helping it at all. However, it is not incredibly greasy or oily once it has absorbed and only slightly tacky. And major bonus points for the lack of scent. One 16oz tub lasts me maybe 6 months when applying once a day.

Now that I'm almost at the end of my tub, I bought a sample size of the Eucerin Original Lotion to try bc I will need something a little lighter for summer (which is also an utter fail by itself, see review). After a little experimentation, layering the Cream over the Lotion works wonders. I was actually itch free for an entire day! The only downfall is that it would get pricey buying 2 ~$10 bottles and time consuming when 1 moisturizer SHOULD do the job. So still on the search for the perfect moisturizer but this will do for now.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2012 9:38:00 PM More reviews by Gizzy06

This is becoming one of my favorite lotions. This is the best lotion to use during the harsh winter months. I constantly wash my hands and I need something that will really moisturize my dry hands. This def. does the job.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2012 6:46:00 PM More reviews by nuts4dogs

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I had a terrible bout of dry, red and flaking skin from using tazorac. After a few days of very cold temperatures I should have laid off the taz. The pharmacist recommended the Eucerin calming and as soon as I put it on my face the redness started fading and within 24 hours of regular application my face was back to normal. Great value, love the big tube and overall just a fab product. This is a definite keeper.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2012 1:06:00 AM More reviews by Twister17

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm in the healthcare field so I wash my hands continuously and it has led to small patches of eczema developing on the backs of my hands & wrists - this creme healed them within a few days! Very soothing and sinks in fast, no stinging and smells good. I also use it on my legs after shaving to avoid that "tight skin" feeling. Only cons would be it was a bit pricey and I find the cap hard to flip open sometimes.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2011 2:42:00 AM More reviews by lurvelovin

This is a great moisturiser for my legs & hands in winter when they become dry and prone to dermatitis. It is non-greasy and absorbs into skin quickly, but is rich enough to provide a protective barrier. I like the large tube which lasts for a long time (10 oz has lasted me over a year). It's a shame that we don't carry the Eucerin line in Australia, otherwise I would definitely be stocking up on this one. I have not tried it on my face as I have extremely sensitive skin and glycerin seems to cause clogged pores and irritation. It is fragrance free but does not have a foul medicinal smell like other brands.