November 22, 2014 | 1847 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Eucerin - Calming Creme Daily moisturizer

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2013 7:12:00 PM More reviews by ENicB

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have super sensitive skin, and eczema. I love this lotion. When first started using it I had little red bumps on the back of my arms (from the eczema) and nothing seemed to make them subside. Until I started using this lotion. I use it all over and it works great. It was also reccommended by my dermotologist.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2013 11:27:00 AM More reviews by efstrading

Can't live without this. LITERALLY. I have never written a review on ANY product but I HAD TO for Eucerin. I never use MakeupAlley but registered just to let people know that this is absolutely amazing. I've had small red bumps on the outer parts of my arms, chins, and thighs since I was young and was very self-conscious. A doctor recommended Eucerin Calming Creme to me, and since using it, everything has gradually disappeared and my skin is really smooth and soft. I recently had a allergic reaction on my face and Eucerin is the only lotion I can put on my face without stinging, pain, or worsening the condition. I honestly think my appearance and my life would be so different had I not discovered this product. I make sure I have it everywhere I go and I don't know what I would do without it.

14 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2013 5:22:00 PM More reviews by FiestyFemme

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

HG. I'm kind of picky when it comes to lotion. I want something that's heavy enough to moisturize my skin until my next shower. I need it to absorb so that my skin doesn't feel tacky all day. I prefer it has no scent because if I want to smell pretty, I'll use perfume. Bonus if it's in a tube and has a luxurious feel. This meets all my requirements, and on top of all that, it's the only one I've found so far that seems to keep my itchiness and eczema under control. It seems pricey but a tube lasts me a few months with daily/almost daily use. Will keep buying as long as they make this!

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2013 11:40:00 PM More reviews by gothspice

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

A regularly purchased item in the .99 travel size.
You can find it in grocery and drug stores, no need to go to Sephora.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2012 2:04:00 PM More reviews by allymack

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I like lotions that don't absorb into nothing on your skin, but also that don't sit on top of it and feel greasy, or sit on top of it feeling like weird residue. This lotion fulfills my requirements. It's thick and luxurious when squeezed from the tube. It's really great after a shave: I find some moisturizers can irritate freshly shaved skin, but this doesn't at all. Like all unscented products it isn't *truly* unscented. This one's scent isn't plastic-y or weird like some unscented products. It's a bit on the pricy side, but it's worth it. I've re-bought several times, and will continue to do so.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2012 12:55:00 PM More reviews by mecepeda

As someone with combination, cystic-acne prone skin that is a side effect from medication, I normally stay far away from facial moisturizers that are not 100% oil-free. However, when I found myself with significant peeling around my mouth from the retinoid cream that I use to fight acne, I tried this cream in desperation (the fact that it was fragrance-free and is designed to calm irritation sold me). Along with some *very gentle* exfoliation, a few dabs of this cream removed the burning dryness and redness after one or two applications - and didn't cause me to breakout in the process (which was my major fear). Whenever I have overly dry patches, this is the product that I turn to now. It's widely available in U.S. drugstores and is well worth the price...in fact, if you use it only occasionally you may be able to get away with buying just the trial size, which is what I did. I'm so glad I tried this, as it works better than far more expensive alternatives.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2012 1:38:00 AM More reviews by Gossers

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my daily lotion. It's scentless and leaves my skin very moisturized but not oily. It's more expensive than other drugstore lotions, but worth the price.

My only complaint is the packaging. I prefer pump dispensers as I like to lotion right after the shower and it's easier with a pump. Make sure to cut open the top after you're no longer able to squeeze any more lotion out. I guarantee you there's still tons (about 3-4 days worth) in the bottle.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2012 1:47:00 PM More reviews by cm826

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My sensitive/DRY skin often has eczema flare ups/hives due to allergic reactions so I love it. I recommended this to all my friends looking for a good cheap moisturizer that's good for all/most skin types

Pros:
-Good for sensitive skin
-Good for face AND body
-Absorbs well
-Doesn't cause break-outs
-Stops my face/skin from becoming itchy
-Easy to find at drugstores/markets/Target/Walmart
-Great price $9-$13 (on sale/avg)

rated 4 of 5 on 4/28/2012 2:01:00 AM More reviews by goldenfae

My skin rioted this year with a nice dose of psoriasis so I needed something much stronger and non-scented to help me through the winter. This has helped somewhat in the moisturizing department, but could be a lot better. My psoriasis spots are still itchy an hr or so later, but the parts of me that are not affected (hands, feet, torso, between the spots...) are soft and not flaking so I say fail on extremely dry/problematic skin but would work for those with normal northern winter dryness.

The texture is also really stiff like rubber cement and you can really work up a literal sweat trying to rub this into your skin. On the positive side, it has a touch of oil instead of silicon-y smoothness so I know it's not just temporarily coating my skin without helping it at all. However, it is not incredibly greasy or oily once it has absorbed and only slightly tacky. And major bonus points for the lack of scent. One 16oz tub lasts me maybe 6 months when applying once a day.

Now that I'm almost at the end of my tub, I bought a sample size of the Eucerin Original Lotion to try bc I will need something a little lighter for summer (which is also an utter fail by itself, see review). After a little experimentation, layering the Cream over the Lotion works wonders. I was actually itch free for an entire day! The only downfall is that it would get pricey buying 2 ~$10 bottles and time consuming when 1 moisturizer SHOULD do the job. So still on the search for the perfect moisturizer but this will do for now.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2012 9:38:00 PM More reviews by Gizzy06

This is becoming one of my favorite lotions. This is the best lotion to use during the harsh winter months. I constantly wash my hands and I need something that will really moisturize my dry hands. This def. does the job.