Kevyn Aucoin The Celestial Powder: Candlelight

4.4

Talc, Polyethylene, Phenyl Trimethicone, Nylon-12, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Isobutylparaben, May Contain: Mica CI 77019, Titanium Dioxide CI 77891, Iron Oxides CI 77491/ CI 77492/ CI 77499, Carmine CI 75470

on 3/8/2014 9:41:00 PM

This is my favorite highlighter. I am NW20 and this gives my skin a nice glow without be obviously glittery. I will definitely repurchase when I run out.

on 12/18/2013 1:50:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is a very nice highlighter and was recommended to me by several people. The compact is nice, and the brush is not bad. It is pretty finely milled and a bit shimmery rather than glowy. The only problem on me was that it is just too dark for my pale skin. I'm a little less than NC15 and this just showed up as too much darker than my skin. I prefer Armani's Fluid Sheer in #2. I had to swap it because it just didn't look like a highlighter on me, but a light bronzer. I think for someone with a deeper-toned, warm skintone this would be awesome.

on 12/5/2013 12:10:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

This product is my holy grail highlighter. It is a beautiful champagne color that adds a beautiful highlight without being glittery or frosty. It is subtle, but effective.

on 10/27/2013 4:06:00 AM

Beautiful!!!!!
After hours, I look perfectl! All because of this.
A little goes a long way! This isn't your run of the mill highlighter! You don't need to pack it on..so apply wisely! You're not supposed to look like a shiny pearl! This makes you have that angelic Oprah glow! That's worth every penny! I would pay double for this. Obviously you'll look like a clown if you put this all over your face lol like someone below! This is only applied lightly at the top of your cheek bones, a little below and above eyebrow arches, straight down your nose and chin, and cuspids bow..auuughhh so heavenly!

on 9/11/2013 12:45:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

uggghhhh all these great reviews really build up expectations but, sadly, i was very disappointed the few times i've tried to use this. the shimmer is way too much and it just sits on the top of your skin, magnifying every single flaw. settles into every single wrinkle and showcases every little blemish. it just screams LOOK AT ME I'M WEARING A LOT OF MAKEUP. the last time i tried to use it i got so upset by the way it looked (i was getting ready to go somewhere fancy) that i washed my face and had to redo my makeup from scratch. on a side note, NARS makes a similar product which in my opinion is far superior and far more subtle and glowy.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This is actually darker than my skintone so it won't do the highlight work for me, and it's wayyy to shimmery. It looks like I've stuck a shimmery material on my cheekbone. Also, it's a total craker.

on 7/23/2013 8:22:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I just adore this highlight, I use it everyday, and have long since hit pan on it. It has such a lovely texture, it is smooth and finely milled, it blends into my skin without looking like I am wearing makeup. There is no glitter in the powder, it truly just imparts a lovely, natural glow to my skin. My skin is about an NW13, very fair, and cool, and this works beautifully on me. No other highlight compares to this, in my opinion. MAC MSFs, theBalm Mary Loumanizer, do not even hold a candle to the perfection of this product. Total HG for me, I will never be without it.

Though, I do think the packaging leaves much to be desired. It is cheap plastic, and I do not see the need to include the brush; it is horribly scratchy and utterly useless. I can ignore all of that though since the product is wonderful.

on 6/17/2013 2:14:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

OK so ... this highlighter answers my glowing, prettified skin prayers! It is beautiful. I struggled a little with the price because it doesn't look like much in the pan. It *looks* like it could be readily duped. Either with an alternative powder highlighter or even perhaps a more finely milled champagne coloured eyeshadow. Well, those first impressions were wrong, wrong, wrong.

I have never used a highlighter that is so subtle yet delivers such flattering results. The colour itself is a neutral- warm beige that goes on sheer. I think the secret to why this product works so well is how finely milled it is- there are no glittery chunks, no sparkly lumps. It's not too yellow/gold, not too silvery. Not obviously frosty. Just very fine, light-reflective pressed particulate that imparts a healthy radiance. Lovely. And just as pleasant in daylight sun as it is in artificial lighting.

The only thing that I don't rate is the brush. But most women paying for a product like this have their own brushes for the job.

I'd buy this a million times over.

on 6/6/2013 10:27:00 AM

I'm always so busy that I really only review products that deserve to be in my kit, as a 20 year pro veteran make up artist, that I use personally, or, when a product is so over hyped, that I do not want impressionable, young student make up artists.to feel they have to have a product, promoted by the Kardashians. It infuruiates me, that their names, are even in the same sentence as the late, great Kevyn, a icon, who made a real contribution to society. He was humble, gracious, a forward thinking educatator, possibly the most respected artist of my generation. For those of us who saw him work, it was magic he was a creative genius

This product is, finely milled, silky, no chalky no awful, vile shine, which enhances the appearance of fine lines, crows feet open pores. YUK . The Apricot, hue brightens and lifts, only a tiny touch is needed, on cheek bones, under brows, nose bridge, top lip centre. Used with a good blusher to achieve a good pro finish. In my opinion, this also works for HD,

This is my go to staple hi -lighter, if, I'm using powder, not, liquid application

My only moan, is I'd usually tell you to throw the brush in most compacts, but it has his name on, so keep it, just use a good brush hahahaha, I would prefer a smaller compact without the the brush.

For those of you moaning about the packaging Kevyn kept things simple, it will last you ages, as you only need a tiny amount. My kit would not be complete without a few of Kevyn;s products, also including sensual skin,

The whole line is not product swamped, instead some iconoic products, You are buying a piece of an artist, that, was so the head of his time

The one great thing about us aging ol farts,is we learned the old fashioned way, no youtube, self promoting, airbrushing or photo shopping, we have years of knowledge and products, we know what works for us, have more than earned our pro discounts our reviews are honest, we do not need free products,

KEVYN AUCOIN, never gone or forgotten R.I.P

on 5/30/2013 9:40:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

First of all, let me say I'm in love with Kevyn Aucoin Sensual Skin Enhancer. I think it's worth every single penny. So, when I saw rave reviews about this product, I knew I had to bite the expensive price tag bullet and purchase it.

I have tried numerous, NUMEROUS highlighting products without much luck. I feel like I look like some odd creature out of a Twilight movie with how I sparkle. Not exactly the "dewy" and "natural" look I'm going for, ladies and gents. This one gives a beautiful finish. It looks so natural! Like a dewy, healthy glow which is EXACTLY what I'm going for. Not that I'm a Kim Kardashian fan (when will she go away?), but I will admit, she has some fantastic makeup. This is what her makeup artist uses to help highlight her face. I promise you, you won't be disappointed. This is coming from someone who worked for a high end makeup company as a makeup artist.

The only thing I don't like is the packaging which is something I've never quite understood why people complain about until now. I have Kevyn Aucoin's blush and it's packaged the same way and it just feels cheap. If I'm paying 45 dollars for a product, it better look like I've paid 45 dollars. It's just a cheap, flimsy plastic compact that could be easily mistaken for a drugstore product. I know this is a rather ridiculous point because the actual product works well, but I give completely honest reviews and this is exactly how I feel about it.

Recommended for Normal Skin