September 19, 2014 | 1871 users online

Mascara - Estee Lauder - Sumptuous

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2014 9:27:00 PM More reviews by maye8384

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is my HG mascara! My mom gave me the sample from one of her Holiday kits from EL, and Iíve been hooked ever since. I normally look for more of a lengthening effect in mascara; Iím less concerned about volume, and if I can find something that will hold the curl in my long, straight, blonde eyelashes thatís golden! I canít say enough great things about this mascara, it holds the curl like a dream, gives great volume and AMAZING length. I love how separated and curled my lashes look with this, and you can layer it over and over without clumping. I rarely have to use a lash comb with this, which is surprising because I expect it to be necessary with most mascara. It is a bit on the expensive side, but thatís no problem for me as Iíve tried many department store mascaras. I will repurchase forever, and recommend to every woman I know.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2014 3:42:00 PM More reviews by NinaGrimes29

I really like this mascara. I prefer more natural looking, fanned out lashes and this mascara gives me that effect. I like the formula. If you're fan of more wet mascaras, then you might not like it, but I personally prefer drier mascaras. I also really liked the brush. It's quite skinny and tapered so it makes it easier to reach lashes in inner and outer corners. This mascara is quite expensive, but it is high end product so $24 isn't as bad as other high end mascaras. Overall it is a great mascara, doesn't clamp up my lashes, doesn't flake, doesn't smudge and does grate job separating and volumizing lashes.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/16/2014 8:20:00 PM More reviews by chickengifts

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Oh man this was really a misbuy. It didn't do much for my lashes, yes it made them black but I didn't get any lengthening, volume or curling. The brush was way too big so I could not use it precisely enough.

The price is way too high and my Maybelline mascara works a lot better..

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2014 3:27:00 PM More reviews by neelofur

besides the price being very high... amazing mascara! got it as s sample a few years ago and have never switched or found one to match the quality. It curls the lashes and keeps them curled all day. It is very black and does not flake. If it does then it is an indication that it needs to be replaced. Great for sensative eyes. love love love. Always get compliments on my lashes.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/12/2014 1:50:00 PM More reviews by Soffy

I have a travel size of this, used it for my on-the-go makeup bag for a couple of months or so.

The formula has never struck me as especiallt wet or dry, and I love the brush. It takes some adjustment, but the large size also means that it's quick to apply. This "lifts" my lashes (and holds them there all day!) and separates them nicely, while also adding length. It doesn't seem to clump together, doesn't flake either, and the overall effect is of full feathery lashes. My main problem with this as this it sometimes smudges just a bit, but that can easily be helped and it's FAR less smudging than what I've experienced with other mascaras.

I don't really believe in throwing a lot of money at mascaras since many of the are based on the same formulas, but this gives a really beautiful result that's almost worth the 49,11 $ it currently costs in Denmark :)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2014 1:19:00 PM More reviews by ssaddle

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

The last couple of years I strayed from this and was using drugstore brands and I have been struggling with irritation along my lash line on and off. I recently returned to this because of a gift with purchase this Christmas and since I'm using this again I've not had any irritation whatsoever. This doesn't clump or flake off during the day and I haven't experienced smudging on my lower lash line unless I tear up from cold wind or cry. I like the way it applies, smooth and clumpless and then dries for a second coat and no clumps again, so very build-able. So many mascaras I've tried that apply dry and clumpy and then flake off during the day, this is actually pleasant to work with. I am also using Sumptuous Extreme and it has the same qualities, and this review is for both.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2014 1:51:00 PM More reviews by Sarita123

Good mascara, but nothing spectacular. Like the package.
Loreal's mascaras doing same effect for less money.

I am curious how much time will need to dry off, still using my first bottle, less than 2 months.

Edit: Now I would like to enhance my previous rating! After using this mascara already 4 months it is still like new! It didn't dry off, and still it achieves completely same effect.
Other very expensive mascaras (especially Dior) in my case are drying off after 3 months.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2014 12:14:00 PM More reviews by alg208

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Other Eyes: Green

good mascara! i'm on my second tube and it's sososo amazing. lengthens my lashes so well and gets me the look that i look for in mascara. this and benefit's they're real makes the best mascara combo ever. gives me the dramatic lashes i want. but i like how the formula is pretty dry, and how the brush is just normal. normal brushes work the best imo. i love this and i'd recommend this to everyone.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2013 5:08:00 AM More reviews by Itsheatherlol

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Best mascara I have ever used.

Sumptous is the perfect word to described this. Application is smooth and easy, best of all MINIMAL clumping and absoloutely no panda eyes midday (or end of day, actually). I love this mascara. Lasts for ages and the application wand is so great at retaining and distributing the macara that you don't need to keep dipping it in the pot.

My eyelashes look so long! I don't curl them before application (taking a break from eyelash curlers at the mo) but the mascara is so strong that it actually lifts and curls them about half as much as my eyelash curler does simply because the formulation is so great.

If you want long, lush, seperated, full, definied, gorgeous (basically) lashes then I would say go and buy this. Treat yourself.

Oh, and this lasts forever so it's a great investment.

And it removes easily too!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2013 1:45:00 PM More reviews by abbyparker216

This is my favorite mascara! I received it last year for Christmas and have been hooked on it ever since. It makes my lashes look way longer than any other formula I've tried!!! I have never had a problem with clumps either. the brush is great at separating your lashes. With other mascaras i usually do 2 coats but only 1 is necessary with this product. It lasts all day but comes off easily with a regular cleanser or eye makeup remover. The only downside is the price :(