December 18, 2014 | 853 users online

Cleansers - Ole Henriksen - African Red Tea Foaming Cleanser

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2014 5:51:00 PM More reviews by Khiandra

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Black

This cleanser is great! The scent is citrusy delicious. Texture, light and fluffy. Removes everything and, rinses clean. Loving that it comes in a pump bottle as well. I know that everyone's skin is different but I washed my face with this cleanser 3 times in one day (I know, hella bad) and it didn't dry out my skin....? Wow. Leaves my skin bright, clean, and smooth. Pretty perfect cleanser. Highly recommend.
UPDATE: I find this cleanser over time kinda clogs the pores.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2013 3:11:00 PM More reviews by xga1125

i love this cleanser! i have sensitive skin but this isn't harsh for my skin and gentle enough to use in the winter. The thing that shocked me most on my first use was the scent- oh my lord, it is heavenly! The grapefruit and orange scent is soothing and calming. I also love the pump so it's easy to use and one pump is sufficient for the whole face.

Price wise, I purchased the smaller 1.5 oz bottle that came with vitamin c makeup wipes from the same line for 12$. I would say it's a great bargain. The full size 7oz bottle is $38C. I'm not sure if i would pay that much for the full size cleanser but i'm definitely thinking of stocking up the smaller set!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2013 7:19:00 AM More reviews by StupidUserNames

Love love love!! I'm actually pretty pleased with this cleanser it's a nice rich lather and it's perfect for oily skin it helps keep that grease in check! It smells amazing and it's very softening as well. I also love that this is $30 and you get a huge bottle with lots of product in it. This is worth the money I also never realized how well this took makeup off I always remove first then use this but towards the end I got lazy and this did it for the makeup removal! I highly recommend!!! FYI this does contain lactic acid and pumpkin enzymes do it gently exfoliates as well so that could be why some are feeling some dryness!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/18/2013 1:21:00 PM More reviews by loveoutdoors

When I went to Sephora to pick up the truth serum this cleanser was available at a very good price point so I thought I'd give it a try. Absolutely love this cleanser, gets my skin nice and clean with no drying, which is rare for me. I use it to remove mineral makeup, a bit of blush and lipstick and it performs well. There is a possibility that it's not playing well with my rosacea as I am a bit red lately so I'll be keeping an eye on that and adjusting use if necessary. All in all this is a wonderful product.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2013 9:58:00 PM More reviews by charlotteliza

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This was an impulse buy but I honestly could not be happier! I'm normally an advocate for simple, inexpensive face products to keep my sensitive skin clear and moist but this is well worth the $42 price tag. It leaves my skin feeling clean and smooth without drying it out. Other cleansers that give me a similar feeling dry me out and I need to slather on my thick nivea creme right afterward. I guess that it is supposed to smell of African red tea but as I do not know what that smells like, it smells of oranges and grapefruit. This product leaves me clear and glowing, even after sweating at the gym. It removes eye makeup without stinging my eyes. I haven't tried to remove waterproof makeup. This one bottle has lasted me at least 3 months with 1.5 pumps per wash.

My only complaint is the packaging. Maybe I got some water in the pump but I am near the end of the bottle and I have to pull up on the nozzle in order for it to come back up after pressing down. It also doesn't foam as well as it used to. The product is still very usable; it just isn't as 'fluffy' as before.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2013 10:13:00 PM More reviews by alina08

This cleanser does a good job of removing most makeup and oil without stripping. It is gentle enough to use every day. I do not like the scent as it smells very strong.

I like this foaming cleanser, but given a choice of foaming cleansers, I prefer the L'Occitane Immortelle foaming cleanser.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2013 1:35:00 AM More reviews by SorceressOfTheDark

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I first tried this in the Aftican Red Tea Starter Kit and I'm on my third bottle. I do alternate tho with other cleansers. I really like this one because it makes my face feel squeaky clean when I need that type of clean feeling. I also like the pump bottle and it's reusable for any other type of liquid cleanser.
I do have dry skin, but I didn't find it that particularly drying. It does clean very well, including all types of makeup, which is a plus. I like the pump bottle that dispenses the cleanser into a foam. It lasts for quite awhile, too. I re-use the bottles and have put in other liquid cleanser from other brands and the pump will dispense the same type of foam. You just have to liquify the cleanser with some distilled water to get the right balance.
I find it's a good cleanser in the summertime, when the heat is high. Wintertime it might be too drying for some complexions.
African Red Tea has a nice fragrance to it, very light which I find appealing.
Ole Henriksen has a lot of products and I've tried many of them. In my experience, I find that if I alternate his products I have more success, rather than stay with just one. There are a lot of good ingredients in his line and he's cruelty-free, which are pluses for me. This is a cleanser for when I need a deep skin cleansing type cleanser because that's what this product makes my skin feel like after I wash my face. I always have a bottle on hand.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2013 10:54:00 AM More reviews by pillager13

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Purchased the African Red Tea foaming cleanser as part of an Ole Henriksen 7-piece set. It was the first time I'd tried this skincare line and usually use Peter Thomas Roth products. The cleanser smells great and I love that it's a foam. The packaging is also good and has a clean, modern look.

Like other reviewers though I found it really drying and leaves my skin feeling similar to using drugstore bar soap. For this reason, I wouldn't repurchase. I'm going to stick with more creamy cleaners and oils.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2013 3:28:00 AM More reviews by na8i

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

My first venture into Ole Henriksen. Since most of his products contain glycerin (which my normal/combination skin hates) this seemed like a good start. Lovely smell, practical packaging and great cleansing action! However, after a couple of months of testing this out I canĀ“t say it has brought anything new to my table. Quite the contrary, actually. This leaves a clingy residue that has lead to break-outs, unless I remove it properly with my Sensai Sponge Chief (microfiber cloth). Furthermore, after a month of use I noticed my skin seemed tighter, more irritated and would crack in the dry areas. I discontinued use for 3 weeks and my skin improved. Back to my natural soap...

rated 4 of 5 on 4/21/2013 5:01:00 PM More reviews by AmbrosiaKisses

I have combination skin and most cleansers normally leave my skin flaky and dry. The African Red Tea Foaming Cleanser is gentle enough that my skin feels a lot less irritated than other products.

It smells amazing, I love the scent and the ease of use. One pump is good enough for my entire face.

I took off one lippie due to the packaging, I'm half way into it and having trouble with the mechanics of the pump.