Ole Henriksen African Red Tea Foaming Cleanser

Water, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl, Taurate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, PPG-5-Ceteth-20, Cocamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Calcium Ascorbate, Ascorbic Acid, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Borago Officinalis Seed Oil (Borago Officinalis), Linum Usitatissimum (Linseed) Seed Oil, Ribes Nigrum (Black Currant) Seed Oil, Daucus Carota Sativa (Carrot) Seed Oil, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Peel Extract (Citrus Grandis), Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Peel Extract (Orange Yu), Citrus Tangerina (Tangerine) Extract (Citrus Tangeria), Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Aspalathus Linearis Leaf Extract, Cucurbita Pepo (Pumpkin) Fruit Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Larrea Divaricata Extract, Glycerin, PEG-8 Dimethicone, PEG-8 Ricinoleate, Citric Acid, Leuconostoc/Radish Root Ferment Filtrate, Benzyl Alcohol, Limonene, Linalool

on 10/18/2014 2:28:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I first fell in love with Ole Henriksen products after trying their CC cream. I hate the whole BB/CC/DD cream trend, but not only did I love the product and coverage, but I felt it the first product of its kind true to its description, plus most OH products have that beautiful citrusy vitamin C type smell. Since then I've tried more products here and there including the Truth Serum and now this one.

This product is gentle since it is a foam, yet does a nice job of making my skin feel actually cleansed. I also was able to use it with my MIA, which is always a plus for me. My skin has been VERY oily for the past few months/almost year now and didn't feel it made my skin more or less oily, but it also did not cause dryness or irritation. My favorite part of this was definitely the smell and luxurious feel of the foam itself.

I liked how there was an option to purchase the 1.5 oz bottle from Sephora for $9 instead of having to commit to the 7 oz. bottle for $30. (Benefit often does this too!) I would definitely purchase the full sized version of this in the future.

on 9/6/2014 6:46:00 PM

It's a nice wash, but did no wonders for me (compared with ole henriksen's on-the-go cleanser), and I was not fond of the foaming part, it felt as if the foam didn't wash well enough.

on 8/18/2014 6:39:00 PM

This face wash is great. I have combo skin with hormonal acne. It's tough finding products that don't make my acne worse. This cleanser hasn't caused any additional breakouts and it smells GREAT. It has a clean citrus peel smell to it. Doesn't make my skin dry after washing and seems to do a good job removing makeup.

on 8/9/2014 2:21:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Love this cleanser. From the smell to packaging to how my skin feels. Only bummer: for the price, it runs out quick

on 7/26/2014 12:51:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

I have been searching for a cleanser I was comfortable with for years. I walked into Sephora on a whim the lady swore by the red tea foaming cleanser. I am so happy now hands down its the best cleanser ever.

EDIT: At first this cleanser seemed like its good but it adversely made my skin bruised and beet red.

on 5/23/2014 6:39:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This cleanser dispenses as a light foam and leaves your face very soft and moist after you rinse it away/. The scent is orange. I had a small blemish on one side of my face and it seemed to go away a bit faster once I started using this. I got it in a set of essentials from Sephora (with small size of the Truth Serum and the oil and a few other items.) A nice way to try Ole Hendricksen products, which I like a lot. I generally use DHC cleansers (powder or Mild Soap) but this is a lot less drying.

on 3/27/2014 11:56:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

So dissapointed at this. After reading the reviews I expected a better cleanser. It does smell great (orange-citrus), I love that, and the packaging is also very nice. It comes in a little foaming pump bottle. Other than that, It didn't work for me. I have very sensitive skin and the cleanser made me all red and itchy. It tingles so much and leaves my skin oddly tight and dry. I used it three times (stupid, I know), but I really wanted to give it a try. So far, no luck. It didn't cause any break-ups but my skin didn't feel clean or fresh. I would not recommend it to people with very sensitive skin.

on 1/29/2014 12:14:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Dispenses as a nice mousse like foam, and builds a gentle lather on the face. Cleanses really well as I noticed the water in my sing after rinsing looked pretty dingy. Glad to know it removed all my makeup as I typically wear face primer, eye primer, concealer, foundation, blush, eye shadow, and mascara. Just ever so slightly drying, but ymmv I am dry to begin with and it's winter.

on 1/27/2014 5:51:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

This cleanser is great! The scent is citrusy delicious. Texture, light and fluffy. Removes everything and, rinses clean. Loving that it comes in a pump bottle as well. I know that everyone's skin is different but I washed my face with this cleanser 3 times in one day (I know, hella bad) and it didn't dry out my skin....? Wow. Leaves my skin bright, clean, and smooth. Pretty perfect cleanser. Highly recommend.
UPDATE: I find this cleanser over time kinda clogs the pores.

on 12/7/2013 3:11:00 PM

i love this cleanser! i have sensitive skin but this isn't harsh for my skin and gentle enough to use in the winter. The thing that shocked me most on my first use was the scent- oh my lord, it is heavenly! The grapefruit and orange scent is soothing and calming. I also love the pump so it's easy to use and one pump is sufficient for the whole face.

Price wise, I purchased the smaller 1.5 oz bottle that came with vitamin c makeup wipes from the same line for 12$. I would say it's a great bargain. The full size 7oz bottle is $38C. I'm not sure if i would pay that much for the full size cleanser but i'm definitely thinking of stocking up the smaller set!