Ole Henriksen African Red Tea Foaming Cleanser

Water, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl, Taurate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, PPG-5-Ceteth-20, Cocamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Calcium Ascorbate, Ascorbic Acid, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Borago Officinalis Seed Oil (Borago Officinalis), Linum Usitatissimum (Linseed) Seed Oil, Ribes Nigrum (Black Currant) Seed Oil, Daucus Carota Sativa (Carrot) Seed Oil, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Peel Extract (Citrus Grandis), Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Peel Extract (Orange Yu), Citrus Tangerina (Tangerine) Extract (Citrus Tangeria), Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Aspalathus Linearis Leaf Extract, Cucurbita Pepo (Pumpkin) Fruit Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Larrea Divaricata Extract, Glycerin, PEG-8 Dimethicone, PEG-8 Ricinoleate, Citric Acid, Leuconostoc/Radish Root Ferment Filtrate, Benzyl Alcohol, Limonene, Linalool

on 8/9/2014 2:21:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Love this cleanser. From the smell to packaging to how my skin feels. Only bummer: for the price, it runs out quick

on 7/26/2014 12:51:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

I have been searching for a cleanser I was comfortable with for years. I walked into Sephora on a whim the lady swore by the red tea foaming cleanser. I am so happy now hands down its the best cleanser ever.

EDIT: At first this cleanser seemed like its good but it adversely made my skin bruised and beet red.

on 5/23/2014 6:39:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This cleanser dispenses as a light foam and leaves your face very soft and moist after you rinse it away/. The scent is orange. I had a small blemish on one side of my face and it seemed to go away a bit faster once I started using this. I got it in a set of essentials from Sephora (with small size of the Truth Serum and the oil and a few other items.) A nice way to try Ole Hendricksen products, which I like a lot. I generally use DHC cleansers (powder or Mild Soap) but this is a lot less drying.

on 3/27/2014 11:56:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

So dissapointed at this. After reading the reviews I expected a better cleanser. It does smell great (orange-citrus), I love that, and the packaging is also very nice. It comes in a little foaming pump bottle. Other than that, It didn't work for me. I have very sensitive skin and the cleanser made me all red and itchy. It tingles so much and leaves my skin oddly tight and dry. I used it three times (stupid, I know), but I really wanted to give it a try. So far, no luck. It didn't cause any break-ups but my skin didn't feel clean or fresh. I would not recommend it to people with very sensitive skin.

on 1/29/2014 12:14:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Dispenses as a nice mousse like foam, and builds a gentle lather on the face. Cleanses really well as I noticed the water in my sing after rinsing looked pretty dingy. Glad to know it removed all my makeup as I typically wear face primer, eye primer, concealer, foundation, blush, eye shadow, and mascara. Just ever so slightly drying, but ymmv I am dry to begin with and it's winter.

on 1/27/2014 5:51:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

This cleanser is great! The scent is citrusy delicious. Texture, light and fluffy. Removes everything and, rinses clean. Loving that it comes in a pump bottle as well. I know that everyone's skin is different but I washed my face with this cleanser 3 times in one day (I know, hella bad) and it didn't dry out my skin....? Wow. Leaves my skin bright, clean, and smooth. Pretty perfect cleanser. Highly recommend.
UPDATE: I find this cleanser over time kinda clogs the pores.

on 12/7/2013 3:11:00 PM

i love this cleanser! i have sensitive skin but this isn't harsh for my skin and gentle enough to use in the winter. The thing that shocked me most on my first use was the scent- oh my lord, it is heavenly! The grapefruit and orange scent is soothing and calming. I also love the pump so it's easy to use and one pump is sufficient for the whole face.

Price wise, I purchased the smaller 1.5 oz bottle that came with vitamin c makeup wipes from the same line for 12$. I would say it's a great bargain. The full size 7oz bottle is $38C. I'm not sure if i would pay that much for the full size cleanser but i'm definitely thinking of stocking up the smaller set!

Love love love!! I'm actually pretty pleased with this cleanser it's a nice rich lather and it's perfect for oily skin it helps keep that grease in check! It smells amazing and it's very softening as well. I also love that this is $30 and you get a huge bottle with lots of product in it. This is worth the money I also never realized how well this took makeup off I always remove first then use this but towards the end I got lazy and this did it for the makeup removal! I highly recommend!!! FYI this does contain lactic acid and pumpkin enzymes do it gently exfoliates as well so that could be why some are feeling some dryness!

on 9/18/2013 1:21:00 PM

When I went to Sephora to pick up the truth serum this cleanser was available at a very good price point so I thought I'd give it a try. Absolutely love this cleanser, gets my skin nice and clean with no drying, which is rare for me. I use it to remove mineral makeup, a bit of blush and lipstick and it performs well. There is a possibility that it's not playing well with my rosacea as I am a bit red lately so I'll be keeping an eye on that and adjusting use if necessary. All in all this is a wonderful product.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This was an impulse buy but I honestly could not be happier! I'm normally an advocate for simple, inexpensive face products to keep my sensitive skin clear and moist but this is well worth the $42 price tag. It leaves my skin feeling clean and smooth without drying it out. Other cleansers that give me a similar feeling dry me out and I need to slather on my thick nivea creme right afterward. I guess that it is supposed to smell of African red tea but as I do not know what that smells like, it smells of oranges and grapefruit. This product leaves me clear and glowing, even after sweating at the gym. It removes eye makeup without stinging my eyes. I haven't tried to remove waterproof makeup. This one bottle has lasted me at least 3 months with 1.5 pumps per wash.

My only complaint is the packaging. Maybe I got some water in the pump but I am near the end of the bottle and I have to pull up on the nozzle in order for it to come back up after pressing down. It also doesn't foam as well as it used to. The product is still very usable; it just isn't as 'fluffy' as before.