Rodin - Olio Lusso

3.4

Ingredients: Jasmine Oil, Sweet Almond Oil, Apricot Kernel Oil, Jojoba Seed oil, Evening Primrose Oil, Rosa Canina Fruit Oil, Arnica Montana Flower extract, Calendula Officinalis Flower Oil, Orange Flower Oil, Sunflower Seed Oil, Argan Oil, Benzyl Benzoate, Linalool.

on 6/20/2013 4:13:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

The jury is still out on this one, gals. I don't know, I'm a little bit on the fence with this product. It does moisturize very well and smells divine (when I read reviews I was afraid I would be the few that learned they did not like the smell of Jasmine). But that's about it all it does. I get that this is a luxurious oil but I still cannot justify the $150 price tag. Do I regret buying it? Absolutely not. I wanted to purchase this oil to see how it worked and get my own take on it -- and now I do. I can finally sleep at night knowing that this oil really isn't all that cracked up to be lol. It's a great moisturizer but honestly, coconut oil or any other oil for the face could do just the same. Actually, to be honest, I started using Rodin Olio Lusso for about a week before I found myself going back to using Coconut Oil for a bit. Now yes, I am back to using the Olio Lusso, but like I said - it's no miracle oil. I think the packaging is a huge blocker -- you think that this pretty little bottle is going to hold holy water when in all honesty, the bottle could hold just water and it would make water look HG. I personally believe that if this bottle were to look any less extravagant that people would not feel so luxurious. But again, this is my opinion, my review. I find myself looking at the bottle and reaching for it more so of how pretty it looks. The jasmine does smell divine...but are we really paying $150 to make our faces smell nice? I just don't know about that...

on 3/10/2013 11:42:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have been using this product for three years. It is worth every cent. I use it twice a day and three times a day if I workout. In the morning I just splash warm water on my face and apply the oil. It takes about 3 drops for me.

I am 60 years old and get raves on my skin. I live in a beach community on Florida's east coast, I have very sensitive skin and this has never irritated it. I use this exclusively for a moisturizer. Occasionally, when I remember it, I use Renova (probably only 3 times a month or so).

To remove my makeup I use pure jojoba oil massaged in and then just was my face with a very mild soap for sensitive skin (L'Occtane Shea Butter Ultra Rich Face Soap). Then I apply Ollio Russo. I use an eye cream around my eyes (Clinique All About Eyes). That is my routine and I have very few wrinkles, little redness and only a few brown spots which I lighten occasionally with different products.

I would highly recommend this product and plan to use it for a long time. I recently bought the body oil and also the hair oil and have been equally impressed with them.

Hope you will give it a go!

on 1/2/2013 11:01:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

This product is really nothing special for that price. Actually, it is a joke. I do not know what happened in my head that I purchased this face oil. It does nothing to my skin. It is not even moisturizing as it claims. The transparent bottle only looks nice, but it actually is a joke since oils have to be stored in a nontransparent bottle. Do yourself a favor, and make your own oil blend in a proper drop bottle.

Skintype- Dry, slightly combo, breakout prone
Skincare concerns: Uneven skin, some breakouts, dryness, antiaging

I am a complete skincare junkie. In my country (Korea) women put on very minimal, dewy looking natural makeup and are much focused on skincare, always striving to achieve the perfect complexion. There is literally a facialist and derm on every other block in Seoul! So even coming to America I am always on the quest for amazing HG skincare and don't really hesitate on the price tag as long as it works (and pricey this oil is)

I naturally have very dry, breakout prone skin but my obsession with skincare has made my skin quite nice and I hardly wear makeup anymore except for a bit of concealer around my nose where I get a bit of redness. I have a plethora of ahas, vitamin c serums, peels, and other actives that I use on a regular basis but to balance that one needs to have the rest of the skincare be very natural/simple in order for the actives to remain effective and to soothe the skin so it doesn't become over processed. Therefore, my cleansing oils, face wash, and basic moisturizers are usually natural with minimal ingredients and I throw actives into the mix.

I got a bottle of the Rodin oil at a huge charity gala gift bag and did extensive research on it when I went home. It's strange, my skin usually results in cystic acne with jojoba oil which it has in its ingredients and so I used it very hesitantly but I awoke in the morning with healthy looking, glowing skin and this was after a night of quite a bit of drinking which usually results in my skin looking grey and parched. I kept using it every single night and it evened out my skin, has done a great job of moisturizing, and truly leaves the skin with a healthy, slightly luminous glow,

I give this a five not because it is a miracle worker but because it fulfills what it is said to do to the max. The website doesn't make any claims except that it will leave one's skin "moisturized with a luminous glow" It is the perfect moisturizer for me and my skin loves it. It seems like it has helped even out my skintone and resulted in a truly luminous complexion (me starting up exercise and a clean diet may have helped that along too) I personally love the smell (smells like a slightly pungent essential oil" and it lulls me to sleep but those who are sensitive to scent may want to sniff before purchasing as it is a very distinct smell.

I am now on my third bottle and I absolutely love it!

on 10/28/2012 12:10:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Grey, Other, Other

Customer service was so rude that I couldn't even proceed to purchase. I tried a few samples and they seemed pretty good but having concerns over one of their ingredients Arnica (which is supposed to cause eczema, peeling, blisters and skin death) I enquired as to their use of it and if i was misinterpreting the studies, I was ignored and basically told to get lost. They either don't know what they are using or they hate customers. As long as you don't ask questions this company is fine but how ridiculous is that of a caution. As much as I wanted to pursue trying it, Rodin did everything in their power to turn me off buying it. I guess I'll never know and that's enough of a reason to spend my money elsewhere.

on 10/27/2012 8:51:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have tried (and stopped) so many face products that I have lost count! This is the ONLY product that actually works for me. My skin was extremely sensitive, with redness, blotchy spots and small, beneath the surface bumps. After two weeks, all that is gone. No pricier than the high end department store products -- actually less, since I will be able to use it and finish it!

on 9/10/2012 12:31:00 AM

I was sure this product was going to be a joke. I was curious, though, and eventually ordered a sample from Luckyscent. The joke was on me as it quickly became an HG . The jasmine scent is divine - true high quality jasmine. Most importantly, after a couple of days my chronic redness and irritation began to recede. After doing a little research I read that Linda Rodin makes no claims for this product other than it smells good,is pleasant to use and it makes the skin look dewy and feel moist. No ridiculous hype and/or claims.
Yes, it is ridiculously expensive. I don't have the time or motivation to make a dupe. I suspect that purchasing all the individual oils would make so much it would go off before used up. I only need 2-3 drops per day about 5-6 days per week. The dropper applicator is sanitary. I spray with rosewater or Thayers cucumber alcohol free witch hazel first.
If you are looking for a facial oil and like the scent of jasmine, Luckyscent has samples for around $4 (not affiliated).

on 8/29/2012 1:54:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Ok, true confession, and it is embarrassing. I bought this insanely expensive oil a while back, tried it a few times, felt it was too scented for a face product, and swapped it away. I counted it as a crazy purchase. Then last month, I saw that there is a set with travel samples of all the Rodin products and since I liked the smell (just not for a face product), I bought it in another crazy moment. Loved all the other products so I decided to try the face oil again. Well, it is fabulous. I used it more sparingly, and the smell didn't bother me as much. Once I used it for a few days straight, I was so happy with the results. This makes my skin moisturized, supple, glowing, kind of radiant. Over time, it has reduced if not eradicated the little breakouts that I get. I get compliments on my skin! My sensitive skin is not at all irritated but it.

I know that people say that you can make your own version of this, but I personally wouldn't know how to get the proportions right or the high quality oils to do that. Yes, it is really expensive, but I use 2 drops per application and my skin looks awesome. Really, really awesome.

on 7/23/2012 11:57:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is a very expensive oil but it is rather beautiful.
I love the scent but realise it is a question of taste so will concentrate on the benefits of the oil to my skin.
Combination skin, a little drier as I age, and with patches of roseacea - sigh. This oil is smooth, hydrating and helps reduce the redness. That's all I could ask for.
I usually apply it to damp skin, have my breakfast and allow it to soak in before I apply my makeup.
I have stated that I would buy this oil again but must admit that a cheaper rosehip oil blend also does the trick. However I love jasmine so that is my weakness :)

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

This is my HG of products and all I use now, I've tried to switch a couple times and my skin always protests. I have sensitive skin that's also dry and this product does not irritate it at all and provides the right amount of moisture. The company says a bottle should last 8 months however it only lasts me 3 because I find I need more drops then the directions say. Price does not bother me at all because I save money not buying other expensive products now. Every morning and night I cleanse, spray a light mist of Avene thermal water, use a little eye cream and then 4-5 drops of this oil. I've found it helps if your skin is slightly damp before applying which is why I use the thermal water and it also reduces the amount of oil you need. Since using this product my skin tone has evened out and I don't break out unless I start adding things into the mix. It might be an expensive product however totally worth it and if you buy from derm store you can save 10%, get free shipping and not pay tax.