October 30, 2014 | 1569 users online

Moisturizers - Rodin - Olio Lusso

rated 1 of 5 on 10/28/2012 12:10:00 PM More reviews by timmirz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Grey, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Customer service was so rude that I couldn't even proceed to purchase. I tried a few samples and they seemed pretty good but having concerns over one of their ingredients Arnica (which is supposed to cause eczema, peeling, blisters and skin death) I enquired as to their use of it and if i was misinterpreting the studies, I was ignored and basically told to get lost. They either don't know what they are using or they hate customers. As long as you don't ask questions this company is fine but how ridiculous is that of a caution. As much as I wanted to pursue trying it, Rodin did everything in their power to turn me off buying it. I guess I'll never know and that's enough of a reason to spend my money elsewhere.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2012 8:51:00 AM More reviews by SydneyLeonard

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have tried (and stopped) so many face products that I have lost count! This is the ONLY product that actually works for me. My skin was extremely sensitive, with redness, blotchy spots and small, beneath the surface bumps. After two weeks, all that is gone. No pricier than the high end department store products -- actually less, since I will be able to use it and finish it!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2012 12:31:00 AM More reviews by chloepoodle

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was sure this product was going to be a joke. I was curious, though, and eventually ordered a sample from Luckyscent. The joke was on me as it quickly became an HG . The jasmine scent is divine - true high quality jasmine. Most importantly, after a couple of days my chronic redness and irritation began to recede. After doing a little research I read that Linda Rodin makes no claims for this product other than it smells good,is pleasant to use and it makes the skin look dewy and feel moist. No ridiculous hype and/or claims.
Yes, it is ridiculously expensive. I don't have the time or motivation to make a dupe. I suspect that purchasing all the individual oils would make so much it would go off before used up. I only need 2-3 drops per day about 5-6 days per week. The dropper applicator is sanitary. I spray with rosewater or Thayers cucumber alcohol free witch hazel first.
If you are looking for a facial oil and like the scent of jasmine, Luckyscent has samples for around $4 (not affiliated).

8 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2012 1:54:00 AM More reviews by proflady

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Ok, true confession, and it is embarrassing. I bought this insanely expensive oil a while back, tried it a few times, felt it was too scented for a face product, and swapped it away. I counted it as a crazy purchase. Then last month, I saw that there is a set with travel samples of all the Rodin products and since I liked the smell (just not for a face product), I bought it in another crazy moment. Loved all the other products so I decided to try the face oil again. Well, it is fabulous. I used it more sparingly, and the smell didn't bother me as much. Once I used it for a few days straight, I was so happy with the results. This makes my skin moisturized, supple, glowing, kind of radiant. Over time, it has reduced if not eradicated the little breakouts that I get. I get compliments on my skin! My sensitive skin is not at all irritated but it.

I know that people say that you can make your own version of this, but I personally wouldn't know how to get the proportions right or the high quality oils to do that. Yes, it is really expensive, but I use 2 drops per application and my skin looks awesome. Really, really awesome.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2012 11:57:00 AM More reviews by ollieblue

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a very expensive oil but it is rather beautiful.
I love the scent but realise it is a question of taste so will concentrate on the benefits of the oil to my skin.
Combination skin, a little drier as I age, and with patches of roseacea - sigh. This oil is smooth, hydrating and helps reduce the redness. That's all I could ask for.
I usually apply it to damp skin, have my breakfast and allow it to soak in before I apply my makeup.
I have stated that I would buy this oil again but must admit that a cheaper rosehip oil blend also does the trick. However I love jasmine so that is my weakness :)

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2012 2:35:00 PM More reviews by newyorkshopper

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my HG of products and all I use now, I've tried to switch a couple times and my skin always protests. I have sensitive skin that's also dry and this product does not irritate it at all and provides the right amount of moisture. The company says a bottle should last 8 months however it only lasts me 3 because I find I need more drops then the directions say. Price does not bother me at all because I save money not buying other expensive products now. Every morning and night I cleanse, spray a light mist of Avene thermal water, use a little eye cream and then 4-5 drops of this oil. I've found it helps if your skin is slightly damp before applying which is why I use the thermal water and it also reduces the amount of oil you need. Since using this product my skin tone has evened out and I don't break out unless I start adding things into the mix. It might be an expensive product however totally worth it and if you buy from derm store you can save 10%, get free shipping and not pay tax.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 3/30/2012 1:43:00 PM More reviews by HotWolfie

Customer Service was extremely rude (and I take this heavily into account when I purchase anything). The oil went on nicely and had a pleasant smell. However, it did not moisturize, even out skin tone, or do anything to my skin. Well, I'm 150 dollars smarter now lol If you really want to try this I suggest inquiring about a sample and see how it goes from there. There are definitely better facial oils on the market. I wouldn't recommend this to anyone.

5 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2012 8:55:00 PM More reviews by Hayne

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I really enjoy using this face oil. The scent is calming and it feels so good on my skin. I read how Dr. Colbert a derm. tells his patients to mix retina-a with this oil to keep your face from being irritated and helps with the redness. I do this about 2-3 times a week. I like using a little of this oil on my cuticles and lips also. I would like to try her other products also.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/13/2011 1:35:00 AM More reviews by Halloqueen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I may be writing this prematurely, but here I am anyway, I've been looking for something that would not only just moisturize, but do some damage control on some wrinkles and skin texture,.Everything I seem to try that has anti-aging ingredients in it seems to break me out, I can only manage sensitive skin cream (Avene) with no treatments. I managed to get a deluxe sample of this, and after using it twice, I'm really impressed. My skin is in bad shape, with breakouts and rough patches (dry cold) and nothing seems to work, After one use, my pores seemed smaller, my blemishes looked less angry and my skin was super soft. It wasn't greasy or oily, but looked and felt soft and supple. I didn't notice the smell, but I have "blank spots" with certain scents, and if it smells like jasmine, I won't pick it up, So far, so good, I love the dewy look it gives my skin, and it plumped up the skin under my eyes somehow, so it looks smooth and hydrated,. If the blemishes go away, I may have to spring for it, I understand it's made with simple ingredients, but last time I tried to duplicate something like this, I spent more than I would have if I'd have just bought it, Will update if something of note happens,
EDIT: 1/5/12 After using this for about three weeks, my skin looks great. All breakouts have stopped and the redness is gone, and my pores look half the size they did before, My skintone is also more even. The only negative thing I did notice is that I still have some very small flaky areas, but I think this is due to our dry cold weather and my using the oil sparingly to make it last.. I will be buying a bottle of this, as it's the only thing I've used recently that actually improved my skin. Too bad it's so expensive.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/9/2011 1:57:00 PM More reviews by momwom

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

A couple of years ago when this product was new, I e-mailed Linda Rodin (the creator) through the website to ask when in the endless sequence of product application the face oil was best applied. She e-mailed right back--the MOST cordial note, with her thanks for my interest and all the info I needed, including how and when she uses it. It's little things like this that one remembers. One thing I love about this product is that the scent (which I am very fond of) kind of comes back and hits you in the nose as you walk down the street on a New York morning. I also love the fact that it does everything it says it will do. At my age, there's no point in worrying about anti-aging, as I have already aged. Between this and Renova, with occasional Skinceuticals C E Ferulic, I have everything I need. Although I regret the price, I am willing to pay it for the results and the pleasure of application.

30 out of 34 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No