TRESemme Color Revitalize

Price: $

Price: $

on 7/11/2013 7:24:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

This is hands down the worst shampoo I've ever used. Instead of helping to make my color last, it made the color fade to the point that a week after coloring, I already needed to recolor. And that was with permanent dye. When I used this after coloring with demi and semi permanent dyes, it just about striped the color. This shampoo is also extremely drying, but it also seemed to make my scalp oily. It was strange and unpleasant. This reminds me a lot of those cheap shampoo/conditioner combos you get at lower-end hotels, except worse. Do not recommend this at all.

I really like Tresemme. It's the brand I can rely on for a basic shampoo and basic moisturizing conditioner. But that's why I don't stick with the brand.. Because it's just "average" to me. I do think this set does an okay job at preserving my hair color. Overall, this is good.. But there's nothing special about it. I always keep a Tresemme shampoo and conditioner on hand though, for when I just want a basic cleansing and conditioning for my hair. :)

on 2/9/2013 6:32:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I like the smell of the shampoo, but that's about the only positive aspect. I find this shampoo/conditioner combo makes my hair stringy and oily. I also found that it didn't help preserve my colour and it made my hair brassy.

on 2/4/2013 8:17:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

FINALLY OMG!!! A shampoo that feels luxurious and creamy when washing my hair, that smells good, that doesn't ruin my haircolor (suds and water where crystal clear) that doesn't leave my roots squeaky clean AND that makes my hair shiny to boot? WOW I am beyond impressed, also no itchy or dry scalp. This is a true miracle, I paid $3.50 for a huge bottle with a pump cap, I can't believe it...
EDIT: Three days later and my hair is falling out, everytime I run my fingers thru my hair I loose strands, I'm loosing hair like crazy I saw that other people here had the same reaction with this shampoo, it's a shame becuase my color looks great and my hair super shiny, also my scalp is pretty itchy. Third ingredient is the culprit------
Water, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine

on 1/13/2013 8:18:00 PM

I LOVE this shampoo. After coloring my hair trying to get it back to it's natural shade, I wanted to purchase a color shampoo that will help protect my color from turning brassy. This shampoo made my hair color last ten times longer than any color shampoo I've ever used. I always love TRESemme shampoos and have yet to find one I don't like. The smell is amazing and my hair always comes out looking great. I also love how much bang you get for your buck. One bottle lasted me almost a full year, and I tend to use a lot of shampoo each washing.

on 12/24/2012 12:50:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I have to agree with the other reviewers that this leaves my hair sooo greasy! I should have read the reviews first because my experience was exactly as others described. I bought this in a pinch when my usual Deep Cleansing shampoo was out of stock, and used it in conjunction with my regular conditioner, Remoisturize. By the time my hair air dried, it looked and felt like it needed to be washed again! It separated at the roots and looked as if someone had run their greasy fingers through my hair. It was also very heavy and uncomfortable, as if it was heavily coated in something. It felt dirtier after washing than before washing! I've never had such a horrible experience with shampoo before. This one's definitely going back! Do not recommend!

on 11/18/2012 6:00:00 AM

LOVE this shampoo it is very gentle & cleanse my damaged
bleached hair without drying it

on 2/18/2012 11:31:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium

I use this paired with the matching conditioner, and all I can say is it's amazing. It leaves my hair healthy, and prolongs my colour for ages. When I switch to other shampoos I immediately notice a difference and my colour isn't nearly as bright.
I've had the same bottle of shampoo for over six months and I won't need to buy another for ages. It's huge, and dirt cheap. And AMAZING.

on 1/1/2012 5:48:00 PM

I don't even know if this shampoo does what it says it will do as far as keeping the color after 40 washes, because I couldn't stand to give it that long!
I used it for two weeks. It made my hair greasy, flat and stringy (and by stringy I mean, my fine, long, thin hair felt even more "separated" than usual...like I would have to constantly brush it to get it to come together and be soft and lush) . I felt like my "wash hair" days were no different than my "don't wash hair" days - my hair felt unclean all the time!
Sad... I wanted to like this and I've heard so many great things about TRESemme....but I won't be going back. Still on my search for the BEST color shield shampoo...

on 11/24/2011 5:24:00 PM

It made my hair REALLY greasy!
Now I already have a pretty oily scalp, but with a normal shampoo(not one for greasy hair, just any other normal shampoo) I can go two days without washing my hair, the second day my hair is abit greasy, but it's not too bad and then the third day it is really greasy. With this shampoo my hair felt greasy(like on the second day) the first day after I washed it and the second day it looked like I hadn't washed it for a week.
It smelled good and might be nice for people with dry hair, but this was NOT for me.