Smashbox Sheer Focus Tinted Moisturizer SPF 15

3.8

Water, Phenyl Trimethicone, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Butylene Glycol, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Acrylates Copolymer, Caprylyl Glycol, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/ Sodium Acryloyldimethyltaurate Copolymer, Polysorbate 60, Squalane, Honey, Pectin, Lecithin, C20-22 Alcohols, C20-22 Alkyl Phosphate, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG 100 Stearate, Polysilicone-11, Phenoxyethanol, Dimethicone, Oligopeptide-10, Silica, Betaine, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Ethoxydiglycol, Xanthan Gum, Polyhydroxystearic Acid, Propylene Glycol Stearate, Triethanolamine, Triethoxy Caprylylsilane, Polysorbate 20, Sorbitan Laurate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Glycerin, Propylene Glycol Laurate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Tetrasodium EDTA. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides. ACTIVE INGREDIENTS: 7.0% Octinoxate (2-Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate), 2.9% Zinc Oxide

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

Ok, so I'm writing this review end of day after wearing and will update.
First, so far no little bumps. Dior hydra tinted gave me 3 cystic bumps gross!!!!!
I found out I may be allergic to Titanium Dioxide because I can't use Mineral makeup either without clogging of pores
So woooo hoooo so far do good.
My skin looks awesome, no bumps, great color, no greasy spots. After 8 hours I could now blot
This could be a product that goes it all, I will try the Shiseido one and will update my review
Update - not super crazy about this, had some breakouts but will try again soon

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

There are other, better tinted moisturizers. I hate how smashbox has too much orange in their skin shades. Even the lightest shade made me look like an oompah loompah. I like the consistency and the color doesn't sheer out as quickly as others, but I'm not impressed.

on 2/3/2013 10:17:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I found this product overall very disappointing. I bought it in light, despite the fact that I have a light-medium skin tone. (1) To start the weirdly orange undertone took a lot to blend out. I often found my skin looking quite orange after I applied it. (2) I would have liked to see more shades, not just light, medium, dark. (3) When they say sheer focus, they mean it, I know its supposed to be just a tinted moisturizer, but at least give it some kind of tint! And one that's not orange. Or maybe make it buildable. (4) The packing I dislike, because it takes some force to pry it open and snap it closed, as well as the fact that a little goes a long way, yet the tube gives you 4x the amount you need.
So overall I disliked this product, I would NOT suggest buying it to anyone with awkward middle toned people, or anyone that wants a somewhat natural looking coverage (which it doesn't give). But if you have an awkward orange undertone, go right ahead and buy this product.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Other

Just not that great - or at least for me. I bought this Smashbox product in luminous, and have just finished the tube, and I do not plan on picking this up ever again. For my fair, neutral-toned skin, I felt this tinted moisturizer has too much of a yellow undertone to it, and made me look a shade of orange in some areas of my face... Which leads me to another problem, I didn't find this to apply very evenly. On my T-Zone it often looked like I had applied too much, and on my cheeks it was spotty. Definitely was too oily, and I believe it lead to some breakouts on my skin. I tried to like it but I just can't. Looks like I'm on the hunt for a better tinted moisturizer for me.

on 1/22/2013 2:21:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

If you want coverage, and im talking coverage then this is what you want!, I parade in this festival we call carnival and im in the hot sun for more then 12hours with a face full of makeup and not only did it surpass all of my sweating and water dumping but it still kept my dark spots covered, it's very light in feel and THE best in my book i DEFINITELY recommend this product.

on 1/4/2013 6:04:00 PM

Awful. The coverage was very sheer and had a dewy finish. It wasn't so bad until I realized this product was breaking me out! It also dried out my skin horribly.? I talked to a lady working at a Chanel counter and she told me that smashbox was stage makeup and that she had a similar reaction to one of their products. I gave it to my little sister though and she loves it and hasn't had any problems... It just didn't work well with my skin.

on 11/20/2012 9:59:00 PM

This product is just bad news for anyone who has oily skin in need of coverage for acne/marks. I am definitely someone who leans towards more of a dewy look for makeup, which is why my interest was struck by this, however, it does not sink in or look like real skin at all. Instead it just sits on top like tinted grease and as a result it provides no coverage. I originally got drawn to this over other foundations because I am allergic/reactive to titanium dioxide so the spf being octoxinate (sp?) and zinc oxide drew me in bc those are A-OK with my skin. However it just useless and I ended up returning it after one trial, which sucks. Oh well, just hope they stop formulatings with TiO for us sensitive people (it gives me a consistent pimply rash whenever I use makeup with it).

on 11/4/2012 6:43:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

I absolutely love this product! It has taken the place of a daily foundation and moisturizer. The coverage is great, and it really makes my skin glow!! Since my skin is so oily, I need to set it with pressed powder and when I check it in the mirror at about noon, I'm still shine-free. The only negative is the cost - $30 for moisturizer makes me cringe!

on 9/1/2012 10:35:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

MAC SFF/Powder: NC35/C35
MUFE Mat Velvet+: 40
MUFE HD: 127
Lancome Teint Idole Ultra 24H: 410 Bisque W
___________________________________________________
I bought this tinted moisturizer in Medium over a year ago. I used it when I don't feel like putting on a face of makeup. I apply only a pea-sized amount and dot it to my entire face (one dot on each cheek, forehead and chin). Then I rub it into my skin in circular motions. Voila. Done. In the end, I will not be repurchasing this. I used up what I could before its expiration date in July.

I like its coverage. It masked all my hyper pigmentation (caused by acne) and the redness caused by current, or healing, blemishes. I also liked that the moisturizer took care of my dry patches (blemishes) without making my face look too oily.

At times, the coverage felt very heavy (something I hated when applying it in July while visiting California), but otherwise wasn't too bad. In other words, you can FEEL it on your skin and you don't forget that you have it on. Even after half an hour of applying product to face, it cakes around my nose and mouth. I also felt that the hotter it got, the more it slid off my face. Boo.

_____________
Pros:
- covered hyper pigmentation and acne
- moisturizing
- has SPF
- matches my skin very well
- travels well (no mess! rode with me in the plane, in the car and by ferry)
- it did not break me out
Cons:
- felt heavy
- cakey (even when only a small amount is applied)
- transfers
- can "slide"

on 9/1/2012 10:31:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

I have tried virtually every tinted moisturiser and every one has either been too sheer with no coverage or too think almost like a foundation. This one by smashbox is perfect for what I'm looking for. It's very buildable and gives coverage but it is not heavy and thick like others. I have this in the shade light and it is perfect for my skin tone. I agree with others that with there only being a choice of 4 shades, it can be difficult for some people to find a shade but I am lucky that the light shade matches my skin.

Top Rated Smashbox Products