If only all sunscreens were like this!
I struggle to find something that is oil free, confortable, doesn't aggrevate my acne and is non - shiny on my skin, but this ticks all of those boxes. It goes on a little thick and can be a bit drying. Other than that, it's the best facial sunscreen I've tried and I have no intention of even looking for an alternative. The only negatives are that it's not available here in the UK and is too expensive for use all over my body.
I can't layer makeup on top of this sunscreen at all. Whenever I use the sunscreen, it just rubs off my skin in a white residue. It feels like it doesn't sink into my skin at all and just sits on top in a thin sheen. It does not make me look good or natural.
I super love this sunblock! i have combi-oily skin and i am sooo afraid of sunblock that gives me a lot of shine.. i have tried avene, diorsnow, etc brands and no matter what, they add some level of shine! this will be very drying for those with normal to dry skin - and it is not intended for those skin types anyway! if u have oily/combi skin, sensitive, try this! coupled with chanel loose powder, it is the best oil control so far for me!
Great sunscreen! Feels dry on my skin, doesn't feel wearing sun protection. Doesn't give my skin break-outs.
Really good price for quite a big packaging.
This sunscreen is truly amazing. A while ago, before trying this and the MD Formulation one, I thought all sunscreens leave your skin pasty white and oily (I have used La Roche Posay - Anthelios XL Fluid SPF 50 before for a couple of years). Although I prefer the Moisture Defense Antioxidant Moisturizer SPF 20 from MD Formulation, mainly because of the soft powdery finish (at least to me it seems that way :) ), this sunscreen is equally impressive.
A have combination and acne prone skin, with clogged and visible pores. I have used this only on my face, almost half a tube, and it has not broken me out. It is thicker in consistency, but it melts into the skin with no visible cast, shine or anything. Just like the name says, the finish is dry, like you have nothing on. I would recommend waiting a couple of minutes (preferably 10-15) before applying foundation (I personally use a powder foundation) because I have noticed that my skin gets oilier then usual if I apply makeup right after I apply the sunscreen.
Summary: good sunscreen, matte finish, did not break me out, did not make me oily (or oilier then usual), good quantity for the paid price (if it is used only as face sunscreen).
UPDATE: Even though I stated this sunscreen doesn't make me oily I have to say that compared to OBAGI Nu Derm Sun Shield SPF 50, it does make my skin a lot oilier - by lunch time I am very very shiny. But this still doesn't change the fact that this sunscreen is one of the best I have tried. It just means that there are sunscreens out there more suitable to my skin type.
I decided to get a sample of this from Sephora after watching Lisa Eldridge rave about it on YouTube. I am so happy I tried this product, it has definitely become a HG. I use this sunscreen as a primer/moisturizer/sunscreen and it has worked wonders. I get oily on my T zone and this sunscreen keeps my shine under control, no product before has ever done that. I love this sunscreen!!!
This stuff is really good. So weightless, no shine, no oily face. I can use it as a primer.
Hard to spread, I dont want to tug on my skin, maybe its too uber dry, lol. I like max all day moisture better.
This is stuff is freaking amazing! I brought it after researching paulas choice reviews for a body sunscreen as I've moved to northern California and HAVE to protect my arms and neck daily. It is completely weightless and I really can't tell I am wearing anything. I only wish you could get a bigger bottle. Things have come along way from the thick white sunscreen my mum used to plaster over me as a kid at the English seaside!!
- Lightweight with a matte finish. This is definitely a plus since most of the sunscreen I have tried has left my face with an oily residue. It almost feels like it's not even there!
- UVA/UVB protection. What's the difference? UVA is responsible for the skin aging and wrinkles whereas UVB is responsible for the skin burning and sunburn which is responsible for skin cancer. Protection from both is simply a MUST! Just make sure you are not allergic to any of the active ingredients.
- Minimal or no breakouts. My skin has been acne prone for some time but after using this sunscreen, not much breakout occurred during the day. I would recommend this for those with sensitive skin like me.
- Nice bottle application. The bottle allows for precise amount of sunscreen to be applied to the finger without too much of a mess.
- Expensive. This product is $26 in Amazon and a similar price in Ulta and other beauty suppliers. It is quite pricey, but not so much when compared to other sunscreens, especially Dermalogica's sunscreen which I lucked out of buying.
- SPF 30. This is the highest I could find, but then again, I have read that anything above SPF 30 is questionable. I just want to make sure I am getting the best protection I can.