September 24, 2014 | 1518 users online

Mascara - Christian Dior - DiorShow BlackOut Waterproof

rated 4 of 5 on 3/12/2013 12:43:00 PM More reviews by chanap

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Beautiful color, almost blue-black. Dramatic look but a hard to rate mascara because you have to use it over another mascara on the tips (or save for nightime) due to the thickness, but more importantly -- like others, I bought this especially because it was supposed to be waterproof. And it isn't. Not on me, anyway. I use eyelid primer, and/or Clarins eyelash fix over it to stop the smearing.

FYI: The non-waterproof seems to get better overall reviews (haven't tried it yet.) The depth of color and thickness for special occasions mean I will buy it again unless I find something comparable but cheaper or more waterproof.

Edit: got to be fair and up it to 4 lippies for the color, and how much I use it. Haven't been able to find anything else like it... but I keep looking, because I'm switching to healthy/organic.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/25/2013 4:37:00 AM More reviews by babybunnyy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really assumed Dior to at least perform decently if not way better than the drugstore brand I was using which costs around $5...I was wrong to make that assumption..This mascara worked okay for about a week. It gave decent hold to the lashes but nothing special...Not long after I bought it (7-10 days), it dried up. I only opened it maybe 4 times within that time frame. I wouldn't suggest it to anyone.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2013 5:56:00 PM More reviews by diorbeauty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This mascara is gorgeous!! It has a thick brush which makes your lashes really stand out and full looking (I have quite long eyelashes but they're not curly). The formula is really black like a kohl effect for eyelashes. And it lasts all day without smudging!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2012 11:55:00 AM More reviews by Anya1976

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I tried this for the first time last night. I wish the brush was more like regular diorshow. I had great results with it though. I didn't notice any flaking but I will have to use it some more to be sure. I wear contacts and my eyes tend to water some so waterproof is a must for me with my mascaras. I will have to wear this in the summer when i go swimming to see how waterproof it is.
I love really black lashes, I know they say those who are fair should use a more brown mascara but I dig drama lashes and liner. I may update this review depending if my view changes but so far it's not HG status but I would buy it again.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/9/2012 2:44:00 AM More reviews by Kristybitmead

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Dramatic Lashes?? Pfffft please!! Yes it is a deep black colour and that's the only positive, it irritated my eyes (never happens) and did ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to lengthen nor volumise my lashes at all. I paid $52 AUD from Department Store so item is genuine. Massive disappoinment, will never repurchase. Barely worth using, even for a natural look it's useless

rated 3 of 5 on 9/5/2012 2:52:00 AM More reviews by Tere86

I had a tube of this a few years ago and I loved it, only used for special occasions and found that it really gave the voluminous look for night time. I decided to re-purchase as the first tube dried out (after quite a while) and the second tube I've bought (for $60AUD) has dried up after only 1 1/2 months of use, not even every day use -it's gone clumpy and I'm barely able to use it. I'm now using a Napolean mascara which I'm finding a lot better and much more gentle on my lashes!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/1/2012 11:44:00 AM More reviews by MissJenifer

Love love love this mascara! I really like super black eye products - eyeliner, mascara etc, and this is a fantastic mascara! I love that it doesn't goop up your lashes even if you're wearing several coats. The brush has a nice curve that allows you to get to the root of your lashes-- that can be difficult to find in some mascaras. This mascara doesn't clump up and doesn't dry out as fast as other mascaras. I find some mascaras dry up really quickly, but I've used this mascara for longer than the recommended 3 months before and don't find any issues with it drying and clumping.

The only drawback I find with this mascara is the feature I liked the most about it - it's waterproof. This isn't just waterproof though - I find it can be really difficult to remove! I've tried a bunch of different eye makeup removers and I find it can be a really tedious task trying to remove the mascara at the end of the day. I use the clean and clear makeup dissolving wipes and they remove makeup really well and I still find it difficult to remove all of the mascara without pulling out a few lashes. That being said, I have used the diorshow blackout that is not waterproof, I find this one to last longer and no matter what the day brings- this will not budge!

It is pricey -- about $30-32 cdn for a tube - but as I've said in other reviews about diorshow mascara, it's well worth the price! Definitely in my top 5.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2012 3:46:00 AM More reviews by brielouise

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

My new HG mascara! Definitely one of the best I've tried (even as good as my trusty MAC False Lashes Mascara!). It is super black and brings out as much length in your lashes. My lashes are really fair with blonde tips but are quite long, but you can never see them. The black makes them look huge! It volumises really well, and also holds curl. I was surprised by how well it separates them as well! It ticks all the boxes. The formula is nice and creamy and dries perfectly - not too quickly but it isn't wet either. It's very buildable, 2 coats creates an amazing amount of drama but doesn't clump. It's easy to work right into the lashes as well. 1 coat is also fairly natural for people that don't like their lashes huge! I'm really happy with this product and will definitely try again :) I just wish I discovered it earlier!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2012 3:11:00 PM More reviews by princess2010

This is my current HG mascara. I've tried several since getting it and can't find one that matches it's performance. This mascara creates dramatic lashes. It volumizes really well and lengthens. The packaging is sturdy and a large tube with a nice big wand. I almost didn't buy this because I had purchased one of those sample packs of Dior Iconic and Diorshow at Sephora with two little tubes. Those mascaras were so awful. They were dry and I think maybe a little old. Then I decided to give the full size BlackOut a try and I'm so glad I did. It's expensive but it lasts a while since it's such a big tube.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2012 8:35:00 AM More reviews by sealegg

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

Very expensive, but worth the money. I don't buy fake lashes anymore because this mascara creates so much drama on its own. This will be the only mascara I buy for now on.