Dior DiorShow BlackOut Waterproof

3.5

on 9/23/2013 8:54:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I bought this mascara for a wedding where I was the MOH so I could make sure I had something waterproof. I also have a trip planned in a couple of months so I wanted to have something good!

I asked the SA at Sephora about which waterproof mascara would be best and she showed me a few, but said she thought this one would be the best one out of them all because it was the darkest black and added lots of volume. I decided to go ahead with it.

I wore this once before I had my makeup done for the wedding. I noticed it was smudging a little bit, transferring onto my upper eyelids, but I thought maybe if someone else did it, it wouldn't happen. I didn't wear it long, but it was extremely hard to remove. I used two different eye makeup removers that were both for waterproof makeup and had a very hard time!

I had my makeup done for the wedding by the makeup artist. She put on 3 coats of this mascara and it still didn't look right. She hadn't curled my lashes so I asked her if she could. When she used the eyelash curler my lashes stuck to the curler sooo badly and some of them were ripped out when she opened it.
An hour later I looked in the mirror and it had smudged all over my upper eyelids. I fixed it, and it kept happening throughout the day and night. At the end of the night it looked SO bad. I looked like a huge mess.

I never cried at all or had any water on my face so I can't comment on it being waterproof but I can't understand how any mascara could be waterproof when it transfers so easily. I would never buy this again or recommend it.

on 4/12/2013 10:01:00 PM

Skin: Other, Dark, Not Sure

I love that this mascara made my short lashes look amazing, and now that I've grown my lashes longer (I use careprost and castor oil) I love it even more!! My only issue is that it's so freaking hard to remove at the end of the day! Maybe ill try the non waterproof one. Still love it tho!

on 3/22/2013 7:31:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have the non-waterproof one, and it is still pretty hard to get it off. therefore I do suggest the non-waterproof one.
I love this mascara! gives the blackest eyelashes ever!
I bought one and only use it on special events because I don't want to waste it, its too good for everyday-wear! :)

on 3/21/2013 8:01:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I have oily eyelids and most "waterproof" mascaras are not actually waterproof for me. This one is. After wasting my money on tons of inferior mascaras over the years, I started using this one maybe 3 years ago and haven't looked back. I highly recommend it! It makes my lashes thick and black and long, and it holds a curl really well (not easy to do as my lashes are quite straight). Really happy I found this product.

on 3/12/2013 12:43:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Beautiful color, almost blue-black. Dramatic look but a hard to rate mascara because you have to use it over another mascara on the tips (or save for nightime) due to the thickness, but more importantly -- like others, I bought this especially because it was supposed to be waterproof. And it isn't. Not on me, anyway. I use eyelid primer, and/or Clarins eyelash fix over it to stop the smearing.

FYI: The non-waterproof seems to get better overall reviews (haven't tried it yet.) The depth of color and thickness for special occasions mean I will buy it again unless I find something comparable but cheaper or more waterproof.

Edit: got to be fair and up it to 4 lippies for the color, and how much I use it. Haven't been able to find anything else like it... but I keep looking, because I'm switching to healthy/organic.

on 2/25/2013 4:37:00 AM

I really assumed Dior to at least perform decently if not way better than the drugstore brand I was using which costs around $5...I was wrong to make that assumption..This mascara worked okay for about a week. It gave decent hold to the lashes but nothing special...Not long after I bought it (7-10 days), it dried up. I only opened it maybe 4 times within that time frame. I wouldn't suggest it to anyone.

on 2/4/2013 5:56:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This mascara is gorgeous!! It has a thick brush which makes your lashes really stand out and full looking (I have quite long eyelashes but they're not curly). The formula is really black like a kohl effect for eyelashes. And it lasts all day without smudging!!

on 12/30/2012 11:55:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I tried this for the first time last night. I wish the brush was more like regular diorshow. I had great results with it though. I didn't notice any flaking but I will have to use it some more to be sure. I wear contacts and my eyes tend to water some so waterproof is a must for me with my mascaras. I will have to wear this in the summer when i go swimming to see how waterproof it is.
I love really black lashes, I know they say those who are fair should use a more brown mascara but I dig drama lashes and liner. I may update this review depending if my view changes but so far it's not HG status but I would buy it again.

Dramatic Lashes?? Pfffft please!! Yes it is a deep black colour and that's the only positive, it irritated my eyes (never happens) and did ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to lengthen nor volumise my lashes at all. I paid $52 AUD from Department Store so item is genuine. Massive disappoinment, will never repurchase. Barely worth using, even for a natural look it's useless

on 9/5/2012 2:52:00 AM

I had a tube of this a few years ago and I loved it, only used for special occasions and found that it really gave the voluminous look for night time. I decided to re-purchase as the first tube dried out (after quite a while) and the second tube I've bought (for $60AUD) has dried up after only 1 1/2 months of use, not even every day use -it's gone clumpy and I'm barely able to use it. I'm now using a Napolean mascara which I'm finding a lot better and much more gentle on my lashes!

Popular Mascaras