November 24, 2014 | 1823 users online

Mascara - Lancome - Virtuose - Black Carat

rated 1 of 5 on 4/9/2012 6:35:00 PM More reviews by Wood_stock

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Lancome mascaras for me are just hype. I bought this one that within a month was completely dry and it didn't make my lashes look good either. There are more affordable and better mascaras on the market, like Mabelline's or Max Factor's.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2012 10:43:00 PM More reviews by tarita

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

i love this mascara!

i was a die hard definicils consumer for years but then i started to try other lancome products and i am glad that i did. this is my new favorite!

the curved brush really helps to lengthen, curl and give my lashes volume-sometimes it really makes my lashed look fake :) and even though the formula is not waterproof, it never ever smudges; it lasted through a few crocidile tears for me during when i was unexpectedly overwhelmed with emotion last week.

the bottom line is i love this product and will definitely buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2012 11:15:00 PM More reviews by iqaganda

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't know why this mascara from Lancome gets very low reviews from the consumers. I love this mascara! The only thing that is a "con" for me with this is that the formula is too dry. Too dry that I am afraid of getting it dried up before I get to finish the whole tube itself.

First off, the wand. I love the wand. The fact that it is curved in a U-shape makes life easier for me to apply the mascara. It helps me to curl up my lashes even on my bottom lash.

The formula not only gives me length but as well as volume, but not as dramatic as the Hypnose Drama though, because of its dry formula.

This is my first tube by the way. If my fear doesn't turn into reality, then, I might consider repurchasing this and restocking, because it is not available at Lancome counters in Hong Kong. I have to find ways of purchasing it online.

By the way, what difference does this make from the original Virtuose mascara?

rated 2 of 5 on 12/10/2011 9:02:00 AM More reviews by loveking

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is one of Lancome's worst mascaras. It doesn't even remotely curl, lengthen or create a voluminous, dramatic look which Lancome mascaras are known for.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/4/2011 9:02:00 PM More reviews by glamglamglam

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I liked this product, but it dried up in a matter of 2-3 weeks, and I can't afford to keep replacing it. It worked great for volume, but I should mention that my eyelashes are already pretty thick as they are. I truly needed something for length, which this DID NOT give me. Switched over to L'extreme, which I'm still ehh about. I honestly do like this, but it can clump, and honestly didn't give me much length.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/1/2011 4:56:00 AM More reviews by xjasx

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I could buy a better mascara from a drugstore this mascara feels really heavy and sometimes i get clumps.....worst mascara EVER.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2011 10:40:00 PM More reviews by okuko

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The one I have is called Virtuose Precious Cells in Voluptious Black.
I have a mini version of it, with Japanese writing on it.

I love this mascara! the bad reviews really surprised me and I'm thinking maybe it's a different formula than the one the other ladies are reviewing here, because I don't have any of the issues that seem to be a problem with this mascara.

Absolutely NO flaking, NO crumbs or smudges throughout the whole day, even on the bottom lashes and I have very oily skin around my eyelids.

This mascara gives me a great curl without using a curler beforehand, which is great because I'm too lazy to use a curler most times.

Defined, dark and seperated lashes with the first coat, brush has just the right curve to get to all the lashes. Second coat gives stronger volume. I wouldn't recommend a third coat, to avoid spider-leggy looking lashes.

So I really like this. I will repurchase, but only if it's on sale or the sample size.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/16/2011 9:00:00 PM More reviews by darkmist

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was really disappointed with this mascara. I wanted to get the Hypnose Drama but since they were out, the SA was pushing me to try out this one as she said it was the best at keeping a curl and giving lots of volume - which is what I wanted. I have fairly long Asian lashes but they`re just straight. I caved since the SA seemed really convincing and I had always wanted to try a Lancome mascara. Huge waste of money. I curl my lashes, put on 1 coat of this mascara, and within 3 minutes, my lashes start drooping back to being straight. Lengthening was ok but I didn't see much volume.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2011 5:09:00 PM More reviews by foreverr27

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

wow, if i read these reviews before i bought this, i probably would not have. i have very long, thin eyelashes that go straight down, so i need to curl them. this stuff thickens them up and gives them a nice volume and curl. i love it.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/9/2011 1:15:00 PM More reviews by PamdaBear

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I was so disappointed with this mascara. I have been using Lancome mascaras off and on since I was a teenager, and this is by far the worst Lancome mascara I've ever used. In fact, I hate it! My lashes are long but thin, and this gave me no volume or added length. It took forever to apply because I had to apply tons of it to look decent, and even then it didn't hold a curl at all. The consistency seems really dry. Blah! This mascara did absolutely nothing for me. HATE it.