Lancome Virtuose - Black Carat

on 6/18/2012 11:37:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

this really is a surprised to see such a low review on this product!
I am asian having very curly and flexible lashes, they are considered full too but shorter and very thin.
I have tried many different mascaras including famous ones like Chanel Inimitable Mascara, everything else from Lancome,YSL Volume Effect Faux Cils Mascara, Dior Show, Armani eyes to kill, hourglass film noir and etc...
and this one works amazingly on me.. the best so far.
I love the shape of the brush which is very easy to apply and emphazies the curl of my lashes even more so from the front, people actually think I have long lashes lol.
and it adds up lenght a lot too. (I would say roughly 1.5 times) so from the side of my lashes, although they are still not super long but they look v cute and almost touch my lid with the curl.
the formula is drier and light weight which i like as wet one seems to be too heavy for my thin lashes and it doesn't clump or bring my natural curl down.
but i just started using it 2 weeks ago so i don't know if it wil dry out very quickly cos of the dry formula.
I am happy with the price too as most of the mascara are even more expensive ex. everything i mention above are all more expensive.
the only thing i don't like so much is the shape of the packaging. it feels kinda weird when you try to open it but anyway steady and pretty so i give packaging 4.

on 4/9/2012 6:35:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Lancome mascaras for me are just hype. I bought this one that within a month was completely dry and it didn't make my lashes look good either. There are more affordable and better mascaras on the market, like Mabelline's or Max Factor's.

on 2/1/2012 10:43:00 PM

i love this mascara!

i was a die hard definicils consumer for years but then i started to try other lancome products and i am glad that i did. this is my new favorite!

the curved brush really helps to lengthen, curl and give my lashes volume-sometimes it really makes my lashed look fake :) and even though the formula is not waterproof, it never ever smudges; it lasted through a few crocidile tears for me during when i was unexpectedly overwhelmed with emotion last week.

the bottom line is i love this product and will definitely buy it again.

on 1/31/2012 11:15:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I don't know why this mascara from Lancome gets very low reviews from the consumers. I love this mascara! The only thing that is a "con" for me with this is that the formula is too dry. Too dry that I am afraid of getting it dried up before I get to finish the whole tube itself.

First off, the wand. I love the wand. The fact that it is curved in a U-shape makes life easier for me to apply the mascara. It helps me to curl up my lashes even on my bottom lash.

The formula not only gives me length but as well as volume, but not as dramatic as the Hypnose Drama though, because of its dry formula.

This is my first tube by the way. If my fear doesn't turn into reality, then, I might consider repurchasing this and restocking, because it is not available at Lancome counters in Hong Kong. I have to find ways of purchasing it online.

By the way, what difference does this make from the original Virtuose mascara?

on 12/10/2011 9:02:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

This is one of Lancome's worst mascaras. It doesn't even remotely curl, lengthen or create a voluminous, dramatic look which Lancome mascaras are known for.

on 12/4/2011 9:02:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I liked this product, but it dried up in a matter of 2-3 weeks, and I can't afford to keep replacing it. It worked great for volume, but I should mention that my eyelashes are already pretty thick as they are. I truly needed something for length, which this DID NOT give me. Switched over to L'extreme, which I'm still ehh about. I honestly do like this, but it can clump, and honestly didn't give me much length.

on 10/1/2011 4:56:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Warm

I could buy a better mascara from a drugstore this mascara feels really heavy and sometimes i get clumps.....worst mascara EVER.

on 9/8/2011 10:40:00 PM

The one I have is called Virtuose Precious Cells in Voluptious Black.
I have a mini version of it, with Japanese writing on it.

I love this mascara! the bad reviews really surprised me and I'm thinking maybe it's a different formula than the one the other ladies are reviewing here, because I don't have any of the issues that seem to be a problem with this mascara.

Absolutely NO flaking, NO crumbs or smudges throughout the whole day, even on the bottom lashes and I have very oily skin around my eyelids.

This mascara gives me a great curl without using a curler beforehand, which is great because I'm too lazy to use a curler most times.

Defined, dark and seperated lashes with the first coat, brush has just the right curve to get to all the lashes. Second coat gives stronger volume. I wouldn't recommend a third coat, to avoid spider-leggy looking lashes.

So I really like this. I will repurchase, but only if it's on sale or the sample size.

on 8/16/2011 9:00:00 PM

I was really disappointed with this mascara. I wanted to get the Hypnose Drama but since they were out, the SA was pushing me to try out this one as she said it was the best at keeping a curl and giving lots of volume - which is what I wanted. I have fairly long Asian lashes but they`re just straight. I caved since the SA seemed really convincing and I had always wanted to try a Lancome mascara. Huge waste of money. I curl my lashes, put on 1 coat of this mascara, and within 3 minutes, my lashes start drooping back to being straight. Lengthening was ok but I didn't see much volume.

on 8/16/2011 5:09:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

wow, if i read these reviews before i bought this, i probably would not have. i have very long, thin eyelashes that go straight down, so i need to curl them. this stuff thickens them up and gives them a nice volume and curl. i love it.