April 23, 2014 | 1869 users online

Mascara - Lancome - Virtuose - Black Carat

rated 2 of 5 on 12/10/2011 9:02:00 AM More reviews by loveking

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is one of Lancome's worst mascaras. It doesn't even remotely curl, lengthen or create a voluminous, dramatic look which Lancome mascaras are known for.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/4/2011 9:02:00 PM More reviews by glamglamglam

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I liked this product, but it dried up in a matter of 2-3 weeks, and I can't afford to keep replacing it. It worked great for volume, but I should mention that my eyelashes are already pretty thick as they are. I truly needed something for length, which this DID NOT give me. Switched over to L'extreme, which I'm still ehh about. I honestly do like this, but it can clump, and honestly didn't give me much length.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/1/2011 4:56:00 AM More reviews by xjasx

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I could buy a better mascara from a drugstore this mascara feels really heavy and sometimes i get clumps.....worst mascara EVER.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2011 10:40:00 PM More reviews by okuko

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The one I have is called Virtuose Precious Cells in Voluptious Black.
I have a mini version of it, with Japanese writing on it.

I love this mascara! the bad reviews really surprised me and I'm thinking maybe it's a different formula than the one the other ladies are reviewing here, because I don't have any of the issues that seem to be a problem with this mascara.

Absolutely NO flaking, NO crumbs or smudges throughout the whole day, even on the bottom lashes and I have very oily skin around my eyelids.

This mascara gives me a great curl without using a curler beforehand, which is great because I'm too lazy to use a curler most times.

Defined, dark and seperated lashes with the first coat, brush has just the right curve to get to all the lashes. Second coat gives stronger volume. I wouldn't recommend a third coat, to avoid spider-leggy looking lashes.

So I really like this. I will repurchase, but only if it's on sale or the sample size.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/16/2011 9:00:00 PM More reviews by darkmist

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was really disappointed with this mascara. I wanted to get the Hypnose Drama but since they were out, the SA was pushing me to try out this one as she said it was the best at keeping a curl and giving lots of volume - which is what I wanted. I have fairly long Asian lashes but they`re just straight. I caved since the SA seemed really convincing and I had always wanted to try a Lancome mascara. Huge waste of money. I curl my lashes, put on 1 coat of this mascara, and within 3 minutes, my lashes start drooping back to being straight. Lengthening was ok but I didn't see much volume.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2011 5:09:00 PM More reviews by foreverr27

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

wow, if i read these reviews before i bought this, i probably would not have. i have very long, thin eyelashes that go straight down, so i need to curl them. this stuff thickens them up and gives them a nice volume and curl. i love it.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/9/2011 1:15:00 PM More reviews by PamdaBear

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I was so disappointed with this mascara. I have been using Lancome mascaras off and on since I was a teenager, and this is by far the worst Lancome mascara I've ever used. In fact, I hate it! My lashes are long but thin, and this gave me no volume or added length. It took forever to apply because I had to apply tons of it to look decent, and even then it didn't hold a curl at all. The consistency seems really dry. Blah! This mascara did absolutely nothing for me. HATE it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/29/2011 5:22:00 AM More reviews by dioraddict84

I don't understand the hate for this mascara, but I really like it. It gives good length, volume, and holds a good curl. The black pigment is great too.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2011 12:27:00 AM More reviews by rallu

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Clumps, very little volume and length, makes my lashes crunchy and hard to remove. Used it twice and then returned it.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/21/2011 11:35:00 PM More reviews by xfrommetoyou

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Positive:

* Gives volume.
* Darkens lashes.

Negative:
* Much like any ordinary mascara.
* Shavings/flakes appear throughout the day.
* Pricey.
* Clumps, double coats not recommended.