Laura Geller Baked Body Frosting - Honey Glow

4.8

Mica, Talc, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Dimethicone, Nylon-12, Isopropyl Palmitate, Polysorbate 20, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Phenoxyethanol, Lauroyl Lysine, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Retynyl Palmitate, BHT, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Centella Asiatica Leaf Extract, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499).

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I love this stuff. I use this more for special occasions than for every day. It really is so easy to use, no weird scents, and gives my skin a really beautiful, tan yet subtle glow. I don't get any weird stripey looks from it either, everything blends together well when you use the puff. It does have some shimmer in it, but it's not over the top. Great for summer nights out or even in the winter when your skin needs a little bit of color.

on 7/2/2010 1:06:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Add me to the list of those who LOVE this product! My skin just isn't the same without it! Honey Glow doesn't add color to my skin. It goes on as a sheer, buttery, silky glow that melts into my skin and makes it look flawless and radiant. I use this on my neck, shoulders, arms, legs, and sometimes even on my stomach and back. It can be used wet or dry, but I prefer the dry look because it's less shimmery and looks more natural. I just smooth on a little bit with the puff that comes with the compact, and I'm good to go for hours and hours. This washes off with soap or body wash in the shower. I haven't had any problems with this powder transferring to my clothing, or even my bedsheets. When I apply this I'm careful not to get too close to the edges of my clothing. Once this sets, it really clings to my skin. It's so sultry and beautiful I want to wear it 24-7. I bought this to use on my body and I never intended to use it on my face. I have tried it on my face, and, sadly, it looks horrible! Why is my facial skin so different from the rest of my skin? Especially because it's the skin I've always taken good care of, while I've let the rest of me tan, never get moisturizer, and lack regular exfoliation...Anyways, on my face Honey Glow looks like silver greasepaint. It's so completely weird...because I'm sure I get a "golden" glow on my body. It's definitely "tinny" on my face, and it makes my pores look like infinite black holes, and any little line or imperfection on my face show as though I've applied theatre "aging" makeup. (Even over Spackle, by the way). So for me this is the ultimate in body skin enhancement, and I look very forward to trying the new Tahitian Glow!

on 5/2/2010 7:39:00 PM

I LOVE this product. I stumbled across it while purchasing my usual NARS bronzer and couldn't resist the packaging. I love how it fits in my hand and the color works so well with my skin tone. I'm pretty fair so it doesn't take much. I bought the Honey Glow for the first time a year and a half ago on the eve of a party for my husband's work. I used it on my face, chest, arms and hands. I found that it transferred a bit if I put it on dry. If I put it on w/damp sponge, less transfer. My solution to any transfer: Model in a Bottle for sensitive skin. Then I have budge-proof fake tan. Love it. Love also that there is no smell. I can't say enough about this. Oh, more puffs included would be nice, but Sephora's bronzer brush does wonders as well. :)

on 3/13/2010 12:43:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I loveee this product. I just recently got from Sephora in a set containing this baked body frosting as a duo in sugar glow and honey glow, one mineralized eye shadow duo, one lipstick and a primer in bronze glow. All for $15!!!! That's crazy. It is supposed to be $80!! Please check on sephora.com if this deal is still going. I love everything from that set, especially this baked body frosting, which I use on my face by the way, and gives the most natural glowy sheen. Can't say love it enough =) I use the sugar glow side as a highlight and the honey glow side as bronzer. Go check it out!

on 1/8/2010 6:56:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I love body frosting. I have honey glow and sugar glow, with Tahitian glow on order. Doesn't bother my acne (use on face, also). Beautiful and natural glow. This compact is huge and will last a long time.

on 9/8/2009 12:10:00 AM

I actually have the deluxe-sized split pan body frosting. One side the Honey Glow the other side Sugar Glow. I love both but I had a time when I first received. I put on so much that i could not bare to look at it for about 2 weeks. We had to go an evening function and gave this another try. I placed some of the sugar glow on my shoulder and collar bone and the effect was just yummy! It made my skin look shiny without looking clammy. Just glowing and soft and healthly. I tried very little of the honey glow on my face..above my blush, chin, forehead and very little on the bridge of my nose and I just loved the way it gave me a warm glow. I don't have much of a night life because we have a 3 year-old but if you do, this should be staple for you. Maybe not this brand but definately some type of frosting is just the right topping to your evening wear.

on 8/21/2009 4:29:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I went to the "bronzer bar" at Sephora and literally tried out at least 10 bronzers, but I had seen this on QVC, so I saved it for last and it was great. Just purchased so I haven't used it for very long, however, it goes on smooth, no "skipping" and leaving dark spots. It really evens out skin tone and makes the skin look flawless. The sheen is great, not too glittery. It is like a pressed powder so it travels well and spill in the bathroon. You can layer, but one one coat does wonders. I will use this year round - LOVE IT!!!! It was $40 at Sephora.

on 8/9/2009 7:09:00 PM

This went on beautifully! Very pretty, natural, golden color. I applied it to my arms, shoulders, neck and face and looked like I just spent a day out in the sun. Very nice product. A great alternative to smelly self tanners and the dangerous rays of the sun. Well done Laura!

on 2/7/2009 1:55:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this in both colors thinking I'd use the lighter one now and the Honey glow this summer when I have some color. Well, i'm returning both. This product in my opinion was awful. I first tried Sugar glow on my chest with the wet applicator like LG did on the Q show. It went on very metallic and dried to a powdery looking film. Next I tried it dry on one arm. It looked like I put a bunch of powder on my arm. The shine was better (less) but it made my skin look crepey. It clung to every line/hair on my arm. Lastly I put moisturizer on the other arm then put the body frosting on top of that. I looked like a trophy. My arm was metallic! Not very flattering. The Honey glow did do a little better, it didn't look as powdery on me but the color was not good. It looks orange on my skin. So back they both go. It shows way to powdery on my skin and is way to metallic looking. I love sparkle and shine but not this way. If she made one that is sheer with no color I might look at it again but these two will not work for me.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

This bronzer/highlighter/powder makes me look tan, but not like I got burnt in the sun (like Too Faced's Sun Bunny, which I will return). It imparts a warm shimmery sheen to wherever you put it, be it your arms, decollete, legs, face...I do like the body puff that is included so you can put it wherever you like and cover large areas within seconds. I actually just bought LM's powder puff and they're basically the same thing. From Sephora's website:

"To give this exceptional formula a more luxurious feel, and to provide the moist dewy look of well-hydrated skin, a few special drops of ceraphyl oil are added for moisture. Laura Geller Baked Body Frosting is paraben- and mineral oil-free, with the antioxidants white tea and centella asiatica added for extra care. "

So it moisturizes your skin as well, which I can always use because I live in such a dry environment. I think this is definitely a staple for summer.

Update (7-15-08): I'm wearing it today pretty much all over my face and it looks great, particularly on my forehead and cheeks. It makes my nose kinda shiny, but that could just be my oily nose. I don't regret buying this product.

Popular Bronzers