April 18, 2014 | 930 users online

Bronzers - Laura Geller - Baked Body Frosting - Honey Glow

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2010 10:30:00 AM More reviews by jarona

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

OK. First let me start by saying that my quest for the perfect bronzer was more health related than wanting to look pretty. Over the years, I totally did some very naughty skin abuse to myself by "baking" in the sun with baby oil and iodine. Although genetically, I am fortunate to not have leathery skin, I DID manage to get squamous cell skin cancer on my face. After successful MOHS surgery, I learned my lesson and still manage to go to my beloved beach--however, now I have a TON of sunscreen, a huge hat and I am under an umbrella. As such, I now have a ban on the tan.
Soooo....I do get sprayed sometimes, and do use fake tan product on my legs. But the face...the face. I've tried so many products on my face to give it that tanned glow, but I usually look like an orange, or a nectarine, or I just look like my face is dirty--but the kind of dirty that a five year old comes home with after a day at the playground!
So..I tried this Baked Body Frosting. I have to tell you -- I LOVE THIS STUFF!!!! Here's what I do. After I prime my face, (I don't use foundation), I dot my concealer on any parts that need it. Then I use my TARTE blush. After I do my eyes and all is done. I take my big brush, swirl it on the baked Body Frosting and lightly brush it on my face. It looks totally natural. I then layer it on depending just how "tan" I want to look. I'll tell you, for any of you who really are concerned with sun damage--this stuff is priceless! I've even used this stuff on my arms, neck and legs and have no complaint--but since I'm so deeply shallow, I would rather save it for my face.
Also..I've tried other more expensive bronzers for the face and this is by far the best. My only complaint--Ms. Geller should rename this to Baked Body and FACE Frosting.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2010 3:26:00 PM More reviews by LuvsMakeup82

I love this stuff. I use this more for special occasions than for every day. It really is so easy to use, no weird scents, and gives my skin a really beautiful, tan yet subtle glow. I don't get any weird stripey looks from it either, everything blends together well when you use the puff. It does have some shimmer in it, but it's not over the top. Great for summer nights out or even in the winter when your skin needs a little bit of color.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2010 1:06:00 AM More reviews by Tovah

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Add me to the list of those who LOVE this product! My skin just isn't the same without it! Honey Glow doesn't add color to my skin. It goes on as a sheer, buttery, silky glow that melts into my skin and makes it look flawless and radiant. I use this on my neck, shoulders, arms, legs, and sometimes even on my stomach and back. It can be used wet or dry, but I prefer the dry look because it's less shimmery and looks more natural. I just smooth on a little bit with the puff that comes with the compact, and I'm good to go for hours and hours. This washes off with soap or body wash in the shower. I haven't had any problems with this powder transferring to my clothing, or even my bedsheets. When I apply this I'm careful not to get too close to the edges of my clothing. Once this sets, it really clings to my skin. It's so sultry and beautiful I want to wear it 24-7. I bought this to use on my body and I never intended to use it on my face. I have tried it on my face, and, sadly, it looks horrible! Why is my facial skin so different from the rest of my skin? Especially because it's the skin I've always taken good care of, while I've let the rest of me tan, never get moisturizer, and lack regular exfoliation...Anyways, on my face Honey Glow looks like silver greasepaint. It's so completely weird...because I'm sure I get a "golden" glow on my body. It's definitely "tinny" on my face, and it makes my pores look like infinite black holes, and any little line or imperfection on my face show as though I've applied theatre "aging" makeup. (Even over Spackle, by the way). So for me this is the ultimate in body skin enhancement, and I look very forward to trying the new Tahitian Glow!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2010 7:39:00 PM More reviews by Breezie17

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I LOVE this product. I stumbled across it while purchasing my usual NARS bronzer and couldn't resist the packaging. I love how it fits in my hand and the color works so well with my skin tone. I'm pretty fair so it doesn't take much. I bought the Honey Glow for the first time a year and a half ago on the eve of a party for my husband's work. I used it on my face, chest, arms and hands. I found that it transferred a bit if I put it on dry. If I put it on w/damp sponge, less transfer. My solution to any transfer: Model in a Bottle for sensitive skin. Then I have budge-proof fake tan. Love it. Love also that there is no smell. I can't say enough about this. Oh, more puffs included would be nice, but Sephora's bronzer brush does wonders as well. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2010 12:43:00 PM More reviews by meelkhou

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I loveee this product. I just recently got from Sephora in a set containing this baked body frosting as a duo in sugar glow and honey glow, one mineralized eye shadow duo, one lipstick and a primer in bronze glow. All for $15!!!! That's crazy. It is supposed to be $80!! Please check on sephora.com if this deal is still going. I love everything from that set, especially this baked body frosting, which I use on my face by the way, and gives the most natural glowy sheen. Can't say love it enough =) I use the sugar glow side as a highlight and the honey glow side as bronzer. Go check it out!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2010 6:56:00 PM More reviews by Holly40

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love body frosting. I have honey glow and sugar glow, with Tahitian glow on order. Doesn't bother my acne (use on face, also). Beautiful and natural glow. This compact is huge and will last a long time.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2009 12:10:00 AM More reviews by Autumn13

I actually have the deluxe-sized split pan body frosting. One side the Honey Glow the other side Sugar Glow. I love both but I had a time when I first received. I put on so much that i could not bare to look at it for about 2 weeks. We had to go an evening function and gave this another try. I placed some of the sugar glow on my shoulder and collar bone and the effect was just yummy! It made my skin look shiny without looking clammy. Just glowing and soft and healthly. I tried very little of the honey glow on my face..above my blush, chin, forehead and very little on the bridge of my nose and I just loved the way it gave me a warm glow. I don't have much of a night life because we have a 3 year-old but if you do, this should be staple for you. Maybe not this brand but definately some type of frosting is just the right topping to your evening wear.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2009 4:29:00 PM More reviews by cutecop

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I went to the "bronzer bar" at Sephora and literally tried out at least 10 bronzers, but I had seen this on QVC, so I saved it for last and it was great. Just purchased so I haven't used it for very long, however, it goes on smooth, no "skipping" and leaving dark spots. It really evens out skin tone and makes the skin look flawless. The sheen is great, not too glittery. It is like a pressed powder so it travels well and spill in the bathroon. You can layer, but one one coat does wonders. I will use this year round - LOVE IT!!!! It was $40 at Sephora.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2009 7:09:00 PM More reviews by SportySpice

This went on beautifully! Very pretty, natural, golden color. I applied it to my arms, shoulders, neck and face and looked like I just spent a day out in the sun. Very nice product. A great alternative to smelly self tanners and the dangerous rays of the sun. Well done Laura!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/7/2009 1:55:00 PM More reviews by HottaMamma2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this in both colors thinking I'd use the lighter one now and the Honey glow this summer when I have some color. Well, i'm returning both. This product in my opinion was awful. I first tried Sugar glow on my chest with the wet applicator like LG did on the Q show. It went on very metallic and dried to a powdery looking film. Next I tried it dry on one arm. It looked like I put a bunch of powder on my arm. The shine was better (less) but it made my skin look crepey. It clung to every line/hair on my arm. Lastly I put moisturizer on the other arm then put the body frosting on top of that. I looked like a trophy. My arm was metallic! Not very flattering. The Honey glow did do a little better, it didn't look as powdery on me but the color was not good. It looks orange on my skin. So back they both go. It shows way to powdery on my skin and is way to metallic looking. I love sparkle and shine but not this way. If she made one that is sheer with no color I might look at it again but these two will not work for me.