The Body Shop Seaweed mattifying moisture lotion SPF 15

3.1

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 6/16/2013 10:30:00 PM

I have combination/oily skin and this lotion works really well for me. A lot of other reviews said it broke them out, but I think this lotion is actually helping to even and perfect my skin. It smells clean, and it is really light. It moisturizes dry spots, but its not too greasy. Before I started using this moisturizer, my face would be ridiculously shiny by around lunch time. Now, I use this as my moisturizer and then I put on the tea tree pore minimizer from the body shop and my skin is good all day.

The only thing is that this moisturizer doesnt completely mattify your face. It leaves it looking moisturized, but not oily.

on 5/25/2013 2:54:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

I was a little scared to try this product based on the reviews here but I am REALLY glad I did! It is the only moisturizer that doesn't make my oily skin worse - it actually makes it a bit better. I recommend this product to anyone with oily skin that is NOT acne prone - if you have an acne problem (beyond the average once every couple weeks), you should stay away from this product as it seems to make it worse. It hasn't made me breakout but it does make existing acne worse.

on 3/15/2013 2:28:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

It didn't help me with my acne.

on 3/5/2013 12:11:00 PM

I have used this product for years now, ever since the packaging said 'new' on it. I believe it is amazing for my skin. It provides a light layer of moisture, which doesn't fee heavy or sticky, however it really works. I generally have dry skin, which isn't too prone to spots, this moisturiser feels lovely, and doesn't leave my face with a shine. I would recommend it to any one. Body shop seem to have currently run out of stock, which is I dilemma for me, as I have also run out. I have looked in many stores and can not find anything nearly as good. I even find the rest of the seaweed products have little effect compared to the SPF version.

on 2/3/2013 10:20:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

I love this, it really works with my skin. After about a minute the product is in my skin, It doesn't just sit there for like an hour.
It's a perfect base for makeup, this product is just everything.
- It moisturizing
- Makeup stays on
- It helps with blemishes

Love itt xx

on 11/19/2012 4:19:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I am ambivalent about this moisturizer. I generally really like the body shop products but this was just okay. I feel like this moisturizer is on the greasy side and smells like sunscreen. It was too greasy to use in the summer and still feels too greasy in the winter, sort of like a cheap drugstore brand. I'm much happier with the body shop tea tree moisturizer for the summer but that one does not work well in the winter.

on 11/8/2012 10:53:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I bought this product a few weeks ago and at first I was happy with the moisture it was providing for my skin. However, I started to break out badly and get cystic type acne, which is not common for my skin. I finally worked out it was this moisturizer that was causing the problem. It took weeks to get rid off and am left with acne scarring and blemishes which is slowly clearing. Considering the price I paid and the benefits the product promotes, it was quite disappointing.

on 10/21/2012 4:56:00 AM

This is my daily moisturizer. I'm on my second bottle, and each one lasts a long, long time. It's a clean smell, absorbs quickly, and doesn't weigh down my skin. I have combo skin, a little bit more on the oily side, and while this moisturizer holds up pretty well throughout the day, I don't think it really mattifies. But eh, that's okay. SPF is a plus too!

on 8/7/2012 8:11:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

I have acne-prone skin and a very oily -zone but the sales assistant complimented my skin and insisted that I have combination skin. My skin is always oily but at random times of the year I will have a dry patch somewhere, and that's because my lack of using moisturiser.

This unfortunately breaks me out. I think its either the SPF or seaweed as I have problems with these ingredients before. in it however as that always seems to break me out in most products. I do love the smell of this lotion, its very fresh and clean.

I had a very annoying dry bumpy patch on my jawline and after using this for a week it cleared that up and now it feels like it never was there, so definitely does moisturise. It is not mattifying though whatsoever. It's very creamy and if anything produces more shine.

Many either love this or hate this so all I recommend is testing it out yourself.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this product! I have combination, sensitive skin. This moisturizer did not make me break out and it kept my skin from looking oily, which is major for me since my T-zone usually looks wet by the end of the day! Since I have combination skin, the lotion did not completely moisturize my dryer cheek area. After all, this lotion was intended for oily skin. But it's not like my dry areas were uncomfortable and flaking; they were moisturized enough so that they weren't dry, if that makes any sense. Not dry, but not moisturized; I guess they just turned out normal. Normally, this would be around $20 at TBS, but I got this on Black Friday where they had a 3 for $30 dollar deal, so I got it for only $10! They have this deal a few other times during the year as well. But overall, I loved how this felt on my skin and the results were satisfactory. I just finished my first bottle and I will be purchasing this again!

Popular Moisturizers