September 19, 2014 | 990 users online

Moisturizers - The Body Shop - Seaweed mattifying moisture lotion SPF 15

rated 2 of 5 on 3/15/2013 2:28:00 PM More reviews by labesitos

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

It didn't help me with my acne.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2013 12:11:00 PM More reviews by JSoouts

I have used this product for years now, ever since the packaging said 'new' on it. I believe it is amazing for my skin. It provides a light layer of moisture, which doesn't fee heavy or sticky, however it really works. I generally have dry skin, which isn't too prone to spots, this moisturiser feels lovely, and doesn't leave my face with a shine. I would recommend it to any one. Body shop seem to have currently run out of stock, which is I dilemma for me, as I have also run out. I have looked in many stores and can not find anything nearly as good. I even find the rest of the seaweed products have little effect compared to the SPF version.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/3/2013 10:20:00 AM More reviews by hiphuphop

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this, it really works with my skin. After about a minute the product is in my skin, It doesn't just sit there for like an hour.
It's a perfect base for makeup, this product is just everything.
- It moisturizing
- Makeup stays on
- It helps with blemishes

Love itt xx

rated 3 of 5 on 11/19/2012 4:19:00 PM More reviews by kkate

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am ambivalent about this moisturizer. I generally really like the body shop products but this was just okay. I feel like this moisturizer is on the greasy side and smells like sunscreen. It was too greasy to use in the summer and still feels too greasy in the winter, sort of like a cheap drugstore brand. I'm much happier with the body shop tea tree moisturizer for the summer but that one does not work well in the winter.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/8/2012 10:53:00 PM More reviews by sjas

I bought this product a few weeks ago and at first I was happy with the moisture it was providing for my skin. However, I started to break out badly and get cystic type acne, which is not common for my skin. I finally worked out it was this moisturizer that was causing the problem. It took weeks to get rid off and am left with acne scarring and blemishes which is slowly clearing. Considering the price I paid and the benefits the product promotes, it was quite disappointing.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/21/2012 4:56:00 AM More reviews by dazzy58

This is my daily moisturizer. I'm on my second bottle, and each one lasts a long, long time. It's a clean smell, absorbs quickly, and doesn't weigh down my skin. I have combo skin, a little bit more on the oily side, and while this moisturizer holds up pretty well throughout the day, I don't think it really mattifies. But eh, that's okay. SPF is a plus too!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2012 8:11:00 PM More reviews by babyjane14

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have acne-prone skin and a very oily -zone but the sales assistant complimented my skin and insisted that I have combination skin. My skin is always oily but at random times of the year I will have a dry patch somewhere, and that's because my lack of using moisturiser.

This unfortunately breaks me out. I think its either the SPF or seaweed as I have problems with these ingredients before. in it however as that always seems to break me out in most products. I do love the smell of this lotion, its very fresh and clean.

I had a very annoying dry bumpy patch on my jawline and after using this for a week it cleared that up and now it feels like it never was there, so definitely does moisturise. It is not mattifying though whatsoever. It's very creamy and if anything produces more shine.

Many either love this or hate this so all I recommend is testing it out yourself.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/22/2012 11:22:00 AM More reviews by andreaalltheway

I love this product! I have combination, sensitive skin. This moisturizer did not make me break out and it kept my skin from looking oily, which is major for me since my T-zone usually looks wet by the end of the day! Since I have combination skin, the lotion did not completely moisturize my dryer cheek area. After all, this lotion was intended for oily skin. But it's not like my dry areas were uncomfortable and flaking; they were moisturized enough so that they weren't dry, if that makes any sense. Not dry, but not moisturized; I guess they just turned out normal. Normally, this would be around $20 at TBS, but I got this on Black Friday where they had a 3 for $30 dollar deal, so I got it for only $10! They have this deal a few other times during the year as well. But overall, I loved how this felt on my skin and the results were satisfactory. I just finished my first bottle and I will be purchasing this again!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2012 3:02:00 PM More reviews by mg1013

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Cons: Makes me look oilier than its marketing would suggest, fails to hydrate my dry patches, and aggravates problem spots. I applied this moisturizer as a breakout on my face was winding down into relative obscurity, and it actually caused the blemishes to flare up again!

Pros: The Body Shop has a risk-free return policy.

It honestly gives me no pleasure to jump on board the hate train for this product (no, really), but I have to do it because you can find better products for reactive skin at CVS or Walgreens, for a much better price point (e.g. Aveeno, Neutrogena, or even Olay). I'm willing to pay a higher price for a product that is actually superior to others in terms of quality, but I just don't see the benefit here. Of course, I'm also just kind of bitter because this was NOT a good time for my skin to freak out. Let that to be a lesson to you all: Never ever change your routine right before you must get an official photo taken! Or before an event! Even if you think it might be that one magical product that makes you 10x prettier overnight.

Anyway, I am willing to give the Body Shop the benefit of the doubt and say that this might be a better moisturizer for someone with a different skin situation / chemistry than I have. However, the sales associate in their store did actually steer me to this product after I described my skin problems, and I know this moisturizer is marketed towards combo skin. Either way, it's a letdown.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/16/2012 2:22:00 AM More reviews by SamW87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I switched to using this product, which is recommended for combination/oily skin, after I found that the Tea Tree Skin Clearing Lotion was too drying. While I enjoy the scent of this product, and the fact that it contains SPF, I'm not so sure it does a great job at "mattifying" my skin. After applying this lotion my face appears a bit oily in some spots, particularly my forehead, and as the day goes on this just worsens. I'm guessing it's the SPF which is giving my skin the oily feeling, since my skin feels similar to how it would feel while wearing sunscreen. Although it is recommended for combination/oily skin, I'm not so sure this product is the best for my skin.