November 28, 2014 | 1593 users online

Hair Treatments - Aveda - Dry Remedy Treatment Masque

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2012 11:57:00 PM More reviews by sleon308

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This product is awesome! I bought this because I went from brunette to blonde a couple of months ago and my hair got damaged and dry from the bleach. First of all it smells amazing, it has a musky scent to it (not sure if I'm using the right word). It leaves my hair sooo soft, moisturized and smelling great. It did wonders for my damaged hair and I've only used it once a week for a month. My hair is super soft and back to its original healthiness and shine. If you're suffering from damaged hair give this a try!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/10/2011 12:04:00 PM More reviews by katemechin

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Good product, love the smell but no results on my skin:(

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2011 11:21:00 AM More reviews by Ambergold

Great, great product. I have very thick, VERY dry hair, and after cycling through a number of moisturizing shampoos and conditioners/leave-in conditioners and nothing working, I finally decided to try this.

It's a miracle-worker. I could feel the difference in my hair's texture even while in the shower, and after the shower my hair was left insanely, noticeably soft - every strand. For the first time in my life I love to touch my hair. I use this almost every time I wash my hair (e.g. every other day) and love it, it's so effective. The only drawback is the price - can be anywhere between $19 and $28. One tube lasts me for months however, and this is the one salon product I would say is worth it.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/26/2011 4:18:00 AM More reviews by TennilleES

I'm giving this product 3 and a half lippies as it does tame my hair but can leave a slight coat on the ends

rated 4 of 5 on 6/14/2011 8:50:00 PM More reviews by chickatheist

This is a great product. I use it once a week and it has really improved my over processed, damaged hair.
I let it sit in my hair for at least 10 minutes with a shower cap over my head.
I dont know what the hype is about the smell, but personally i feel like it doesnt even have a smell.
Good product made from natural ingredients. Yes it is expensive, but coming from a hair stylist (me) you do not want to use cheap products that may cause build up on your hair because of the cheap ingredients they use.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2011 4:24:00 PM More reviews by georgia21

This is a good conditioner for those with dry hair. After using it for awhile, I realized it was irritating my scalp.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2011 11:53:00 PM More reviews by CJCJ

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use this as my daily conditioner. Love it, works on my coarse, heavy and colored hair. Smells great to me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2011 11:02:00 PM More reviews by sunshine824

Why did I wait so long to try this?!?!?!

My favorite shampoo & conditioner is Aveda's Brilliant line. My hair and scalp seem to really agree with Aveda's products. I bought a travel size tube of this treatment masque just to try it out. I put off using it for a full month.

One day I tried Pantene's new med-think shampoo & their treatment. My scalp was itchy and burned while my hair felt coated and straw-like. I needed help, fast.

I always trust Aveda's Brilliant Shampoo to clean everything up without irritating or drying anything out. I shampooed 3 times to make sure I got all of the Pantene gunk off. Then I squeezed out the excess water and applied this treatment. I only left it on for about 5 minutes because I just didn't feel like waiting.

After rinsing and towel drying my hair was sooooo soft, smooth, silky, and healthy! It's better than Redken's All Soft Heavy Cream, Neutrogena's Triple Moisture, and Aussie 3 Minute Miracle Deeeeeep combined! And those used to be my 'goto' deep treatments. I've also tried L'Oreal's Mega Moisture in the tub but it just coated my hair and made it slimey. This actually feels like it ***treats*** my hair and changes it for the better.

Darn you Aveda! You make really good, but really expensive products. I will repurchase anyway.

P.S. Yes, the scent does suck. It's kind of sour and citrus with a hint of some sort of floral(maybe rose? rose can be sour sometimes). But after I rinse my hair there's no scent at all. So I don't care that it smells like a high pitched scream while it's in my hair.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/7/2010 12:44:00 PM More reviews by Maddy60

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Okay to be fair, this stuff was a pretty good masque. I applied it and left it on overnight, as I do with all masques that I've tried and it did leave my hair feeling soft.

But the smell is god awful!!!!! Seriously, it started to make me nauseous. I tried to tolerate it, but by the third application, I vowed never again!!!!! Seriously, who in Aveda's product development dept. thought the fragrance was pleasant? It's a big YUCK!!

I will definitely not repurchase!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/3/2010 7:32:00 PM More reviews by kokolani

my hair just recently was stripped dry from bad shampoo and either falling out b/c of that or some other reason. it was a mess, my scalp felt sensitive and my hair looked terrible. today i put this on for half an hour and it's soft and lustrous again, but it will take time to get back the thickness. i think it's a great treatment and i'm not usually into fussing over hair stuff but it was a lifesaver. i wouldn't use it more often than occasionally b/c its really rich, its also expensive. but a good thing to help recover hair or indulge in something nice that feels like a spa.