December 19, 2014 | 645 users online

Styling Products - Redken - Real Control Crema Care

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2012 10:28:00 AM More reviews by Tango116

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have long, fine, foil highlighted blonde hair (naturally now a dark blonde 7 brought up to a 1 or 2). It's usually pretty dry and very picky about hair products. It hates humidity, likes to frizz and wave.
I love this stuff. I was leery of it as my hair is easily weighed down. I tried the leave-in spray a while ago and that was heavy and filmy on my hair.
I let my hair air dry a while then apply this throughout my hair (not in crown area though). It smoothes my hair nicely without weighing it down. The frizzies stay away.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/18/2012 9:46:00 PM More reviews by jenib

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I like this product ok. I purchased it after running low on my Brazilian Blowout Smoothing Serum (which is not really a serum but a conditioning cream, very similar to Crema Care. I don't have a Brazilian Blowout in my hair anymore but still used the Serum because it worked so well for me!). I have long, poofy, wavy/curly thick, voluminous hair (bra-strap length) which is highlighted.

I apply Crema Care to my damp, freshly-washed hair (on wash days, which is every ~5 days or so) before I comb it. It helps to detangle it, but not as well as the Brazilian Blowout Serum does. Pleasant scent. Crema Care does help with the poofy/frizziness a bit, and helps my hair feel softer. It doesn't make it look or feel greasy either, which is important because I only like to wash my hair 1-2 times a week.

Overall, I like it ok, but as soon as I use the bottle I think I'll go back to Brazilian Blowout's Serum....it just seems to work a bit better for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2012 8:20:00 PM More reviews by cubagurl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My hair was very damaged from my hair stylist leaving the bleach on too long when I got highlights. I purchased this product and used it as a leave in conditioner, but after a few tries, I did not like the oily feeling in my hair. I have been using the Clear Moisture shampoo and conditioner, the only diffrence is after I rinse off the Clear moisture conditioner, I put on the Crema Care and leave in for 3 minutes, then I rinse it out, and sytle as usual. I can not believe the diffrence. My hair is silky and soft and only after a few uses. Even the girls at work noticed a diffrence. Thanks Redken!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2012 2:25:00 AM More reviews by SummerSonataBlake

I love love love this product! It is that one product I ALWAYS need. I went a few days recently without it after running out, and my hair felt completely different without it - there are very few products of the MANY products I've tried throughout the years that I notice the difference between using it and not using it this much. It not only helps with conditioning the hair, it provides a very soft styling control that I have never found in any other product. I have blonde hair that is naturally curly, and therefore I have to blow dry my hair every day - it has helped in protecting against the heat in addition to adding the perfect amount of volume and control.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/13/2012 10:57:00 PM More reviews by PollyWafflez

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Makes my bleached/dry/wavy hair soft. Makes ends look straighter and I get less split ends. Smells nice and you can't tell you have anything in your hair because it's not heavy or oily.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2012 11:35:00 PM More reviews by RayvnNA

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I picked up this little gem on a whim. So glad I did! My hair is coarse and very thick. It's curly but I blow it out with a round brush most days. My hair is fairly dry and has way too much poofiness to it. This leave-in is creamy and moisturizing without weighing down my hair too much. It takes out some of the volume without being heavy and greasy. I normally use silicone products to help smooth out my hair and give it shine, but I can actually use just the Crema Care and nothing else if I want. I'm happy I stumbled on this product. I will buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2011 9:59:00 PM More reviews by MakeUpIsFabulous

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this product!! I have very thick, DRY/FRIZZY coarse hair and this cream has helped A LOT to calm my calm my hair down without making it oily or feel like I am wearing too much products in my hair.
I will definately buy again!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2011 11:40:00 PM More reviews by stupidstarfish

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've gone from dark to light, back to dark, and then light... and ended up bleaching my hair 4 times over the last year. It was a total wreck at the beginning of the year. But a combination of Crema Care (paid $29) and Nexxus' restorative Protein (paid around $85) really repaired my hair. Crema Care is one of the best products I've used, and one of the cheapest. Products that I find similar are Kerastase's Nectar Thermique and Ciment Thermique. But they cost more, come in a smaller tube, and don't seem to be as nourishing as Crema Care. (They also have more silicones, which makes my hair look shiny and nice, but don't really repair the hair).

The best thing about this product is that it only has one type of silicone (Amodimethicone) which is water-soluble, so it doesn't build up in the hair. After about half a year, my hair went from straw to an ok-condition so I stopped paying $85 for the Nexxus Protein spray. Now Crema care is my HG, and I use Kerastase Nuit as a treatment once in a while.

My approach: I use it after shampooing and conditioning, while my hair is almost dripping wet. I have wavy hair that frizzes, so if I towel dry my hair and then use this product, my hair stays fizzy and puffy. So I can't follow the instructions totally. I let my hair air-dry with this product in it, and it dries nice and wavy. This product has some hold, which is great for wavy hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2011 3:34:00 PM More reviews by vgirlygirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

WOW! I was using Redken All Soft conditioner and I really loved it, but after using it for a long time I wanted to try something new. Enter Crema Care. I LOVE this stuff! I do not use it as a leave-in conditioner, I use it as a regular conditioner and then rinse it out. My hair has never felt softer or in better condition in my life, and my hair is fine, damaged, and can be very dry. I love this!! Also, when I blew it out, my hair was very straight and not frizzy at all. HG for sure!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2011 9:56:00 AM More reviews by Minerva10

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Woohoo! Finally a product that helps reduce frizz BIG TIME! I recently traveled to the caribbean where it was terribly HUMID!!!!! My hair looked great the entire trip. It's also great a detangling. Super happy. A bit pricey, but worth it.