October 20, 2014 | 1445 users online

Pressed Powders - Guerlain - Meteorites Poudre de Perles (Illuminating Perfecting Pressed Powder)

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2009 9:35:00 PM More reviews by anniemcleod

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I am the 17th reviewer of this and 100% of us are going to repurchase. After purchasing Mythic Parfait 01 (the lightest in the range with a minty green ball in the middle) only last week, this was really put to the test today to impress me more than it already had. It was 92F (30C) here today, nothing unusual for southern TX, but I had to spend over an hour sitting in a non-airconditioned "shed" today and it was pretty stuffy in there. I felt my face sweating and just "knew" my face would be a shiny oily looking mess. After getting into the 368,987,000F car, I checked my make up to see how this procuct had lived up and was in complete shock because my face was looking beautifully soft and matte (but not powdery) exactly as it did when I had left home!!

This powder is very unique, very fine, non-cakey, non-aging, flattering and a real pleasure to use - particularly with the most beautiful brush ever (the meteorites brush with the most gorgeous pink hairs).

Despite that the packaging could do with a flip-top for much easier use, I have at long last found my HG powder and no longer need to look for anything else.

P.S. I was not under the impression this was a limited edition. I purchased it at the Guerlain counter at Dillards and it was very much part of their regular display.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/7/2009 1:57:00 AM More reviews by aznbrat

I bought this product at the same time as Parure Aqua Foundation and I thought that they went well together. I LOVE the scent of this product I have it in shade 01 mythic parfait. I use it as a finishing powder to set my foundation and it leaves my skin matte and glowing at the same time. I got this in January and Iíve never read the reviews for this product before and Iím a little surprised that the SA gave me mythic parfait instead of the beige (I am MAC NC 30) I actually said that ďShouldnít I be using the beige one?Ē and she said ďNo, mythic parfait is my shade.Ē She obviously didnít know what she was talking about because she had actually matched me with the wrong shade foundation as well (itís way too warm and pink for my yellow skin tone.) I did find that it made my skin a little pale but I just love the scent. Iíve stopped using this powder and my Parure Aqua foundation and went back to using Stila and Studio Tech. Iíve spent about $70CDN on this powder and I think that itís quite worth it, but I would have liked it even more if the SA had actually matched me with the correct shade. So I am a little disappointed with both products for being too dark and too light and itís not worth the $150CDN that I spent and I think that Guerlain should hire someone who knows a thing or two about makeup. I would buy this again and this time the correct shade.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2009 1:20:00 PM More reviews by simiparga

**PIC INCLUDED**It took me so long to make a decision about getting these. I told mys elf I could only get one - either the Butterfly Loose Meteorites or the Pressed Meteorites #3 Beige .
I ended up getting both!
I had heard and read that this face powder came with a fine overspray of micro shimmer and after a few uses this eventually wears off and there is none at all.
That is true and I'm glad as I didn't want a powder with any shimmer.
I was looking for a finishing powder to impart a healthy glow and this is what I have. I find that the combination of different colours, rather like the loose meteorites, leaves me with a great finish, not matt, nor overly glowy - just perfectly finished and healthy.
I'm delighted also that finally I can travel with this version of Meteorites too.
Will last for a long time, but will re purchase when this winner runs out!
PIC ++

continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2009 4:34:00 AM More reviews by lohhy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am a fan of Meteorites, and have them in the Loose Balls form (all 3 colours), Voyage compact in Mythic, Travel Touch in Mythic and Poudre de Perles in Beige.

So here's what the salesgirl at the counter told me about the different types of shades and levels of shimmer in the different ranges.

In ascending order of shimmer:
1. Voyage compact in Mythic (least shimmer, almost matt)
2. Poudre de Perles or Illumintating Pressed Powder
3. Loose Balls & Travel Touch (both have the same level of shimmer)
4. Radiant Butterfly (highest shimmer)

Well, I think she's spot on!

In terms of colours, the numbers on both Loose Balls and Poudre de Perles correspond and are similar, but not exactly the same. That means Loose Balls #1 is similar to Poudre de Perles #1 and so on so forth.

#1 for both gives a brightening look.
#2 gives a freshening effect
#3 is more a natural skin tone effect. Apparently, #3 for Poudre de Perles is more shimmery than #1 in the same range.

Anyway, I love all of my Meteorites, save for the Radiant Butterfly LE range that I didn't buy, as I felt it was too sparkly and more suitable for nights out than every day use.

When I'm fair, I can choose to use Mythic (Loose Balls/Travel Touch/Voyage Compact) as a base, as well as for touch ups during the day.

When I'm tan, I use Poudre de Perles in #3 (beige) as my base, and then maybe a little sprinkling of Mythic as a highlighter.

Loose Balls in #2, the pink colour, I use as a blusher.

Anyway, they're perfect for all situations!

I have good skin, so Meteorites really works for me, so I can't say very much about whether they cover imperfections. But they impart a glow on my face, giving it that soft candlelit effect that everyone's writing about.

I do feel that the Loose Balls provide less coverage than the pressed powder versions though.

Hope this helps, and doesn't confuse you girls even more!

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/17/2008 11:38:00 PM More reviews by eunice866

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Best illuminating pressed powder!
I absolutely love this product. I have this in #1 - Mythic Parfait - which is PERFECT for my extremely fair skin. In the summer, I use only this on my face - no foundation, no tinted moisturizer - with the Guerlain Terracotta Light Sheer bronzing powder in #1 - Blondes. When you use this with the Guerlain Meteorites Brush - perfect, flawless application! It is sheer and gives you that perfect glow (but don't worry, not shimmery). A must have in my book.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/2/2008 2:29:00 PM More reviews by maliastyle

Thanks to the rave reviews here, I scoured the city looking for these in Beige 03 - every counter in the city seemed to be sold out. Luckily, I found one - $70 CDN later, this popular product was mine.

Beige 03 features subtle, warm color - varying shades of beige all over the compact, with a small lavender spot in the middle. When you first buy this, you'll notice it has a shimmery top layer, but it only lasts for the first use. After that, it's just matte.

While I don't know that this would impart enough coverage to use alone or even over a tinted moisturizer or light foundation, it does have the ability to give off a pretty glow. Who knows if I've ever understood what a 'finishing powder' is supposed to do, but this is what I've imagined a finishing powder would be - it's a great way to end the whole makeup routine; the light violet scent makes me feel happy; and perhaps it's knowing the price of this, but just the idea of dusting this on with my kabuki feels absolutely luxurious.

I keep the loose version at home, but I'm glad to be able to tote around the compact in my purse. My only gripe is that for the price, Guerlain should have come up with fancier packaging - the shiny black plastic turn-style container with the swirly design doesn't exactly scream luxe. But it's definitely sturdy, so that counts for something.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/28/2008 6:08:00 PM More reviews by miranets

I got this in Beige, I've not been a huge fan of Guerlain powders in the past because they always seem to be of a quality that did not really last well on the skin unless you had no imperfections.

I use this under MUFE HD microperfecting primer, this gives a subtle brightening effect and actually lasts very well. I know this because at times even when I use primers then use Paul and Joe's pressed powder N, my face feels heavy after a few hours because the powder has not been able to withstand any sebum on the skin.

I have warm yellow undertones (nc30) with some redness on the face. This takes perhaps 20 mins to settle and it gives a very nice glow without being overboard suitable for a day look.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2008 5:19:00 PM More reviews by FIFI67

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm really greatful to MUA, I'd never have given this product a second look were it not for the rave reviews here. I've been looking for ages for a finishing powder that will set my foundation but give me a natural glow without shimmer. I've just found lately that powder seems to age me!! I bought this first in the loose version Beige 03( the little balls in the silly cardboard box!) and was so happy with it that I rushed out and bought the pressed Beige 03 version. Now these powders are not the same! Yet I'm happy with both. The loose version is paler and colour wise is almost undeteactable on the skin but it brings my face to life and looks radiant but natural. The pressed powder gives a warmer glow to the skin and has a slightly more matt finish, it still gives the same airbrushed effect to the skin though. I use a powder brush to apply and it stays all day! I doubt I will ever go back to using regular face powder again, I'm addicted to this beautiful product already. Yes, the packaging looks and feels cheap considering the outrageous price I paid for both powders but at least my search is over!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2008 2:40:00 PM More reviews by Hilarigh

This is my HG powder, itís not LE. I bought it at Sephora in October í08. I use it to set my Nude LM TM. This pressed powder gives my skin a matte look while also making it look luminous/candle lit. I read some rave MUA reviews for a MAC product that I was looking for and actually bought before we ended up in Sephora where I found this little gem. I bought this product, yes it was pricey $65, and ended up returning the MAC product. Iím looking for a good brush to use with it and saw another reviewer reference a MAC brush. Maybe Iíll have to go out and get that brush. This makes me look fab over my TM and when I donít want to deal with makeup, itís nice alone over my moisturizer. Love love love it!

Will definitely buy again when I run out. My DH just about had a heart attack when he saw how much it was but he ALWAYS checks me out when I wear thisÖand since I wear it daily, heís always checking me out. He loves it but he doesnít even know it. =)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2008 12:55:00 PM More reviews by Fabiochanel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have this for some time now and i cant believe how i could forget to review such a nice product!!
I have this in mythic parfait which is so wonderfull for my ppp skin i apply this over my MAC studio fix foundation(nw15) and it gives me THE most wonderfull skin ever!!!So even and radiant and it conceals every flaw and keeps my make up fresh all day! its just wonderfull! Ok its a bit expensive it cost 50euros here in the netherlands buts its worth every penny!
Try it!