July 30, 2014 | 1982 users online

Skincare - Body - Banana Boat - After Sun Lotion with Aloe

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2010 11:07:00 PM More reviews by caitlynhorne

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I LOVE THIS STUFF!!! Highly recommend if you are someone that burns easily. This will be your lifesaver! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2010 12:06:00 AM More reviews by stupidxlamb

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I originally bought the large size bottle of this when I got a little bit of a burn at the pool one day, and I used it up all summer long! It was great! It really soothes tanned or a little burned skin because of the Aloe. Once I got my base tan going, I noticed that my tan really DID get extended from this lotion, it keeps the skin hydrated! The smell is also light and natural smelling, which is great! I will definitely keep buying this, even though I primarily use this during the summers!

You can also get a 8 fl. oz bottle of this lotion with the Banana Boat Tanning Oil Spray (SPF 8) which I did. I got it from Walmart for a pretty good price ( I think about 7-8$ together), and they worked together quite good!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/13/2009 10:06:00 PM More reviews by DevilDucky

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is my go-to body and hand lotion, all year round. I originally bought it on a day when I'd had a bit too much sun, but quickly discovered how amazing it is.

I use this lotion on my legs every time I shave them, on my hands and feet every night before bed, and any other time when any of the skin on my body feels dry.

This lotion absorbs quickly, has no perfume or scent, and never leaves behind a greasy feeling. The price can't be beat, and while the packaging isn't exactly attractive, it functions as properly as a person could want. I've never bought the same bottle of lotion a second time, but you can bet that when this bottle is empty, I'll be running for more.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2009 8:44:00 AM More reviews by aeresu

Looove this. It feels so great slathering this on your body (even better if someone does your back for you) after a day of hanging out at the beach. It's so refreshing and your skin seems really thankful for it. It dries fairly quickly and leaves skin soft but a little 'sticky'. The scent is quite nice too. You can also put this on bites to stop them itching too much.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2009 7:38:00 PM More reviews by chispa

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

When I first tried this lotion, I felt a lot like some of the people here who are raving. I was crazy about it. I went out and bought another bottle just so I'd have it in case they sold out by the time I finished my first. It was, despite the "after sun" title my new favorite every day lotion. I even thought it might have HG potential.

But... Having used this for a couple weeks now - I don't know what happened. It's as if it stopped doing its magic. Within a short time of putting it on, the softness and the moisture is gone and my skin is dry, kind of tough on top and crepey.

And, now that it's not doing the wonderful things it did for my skin the first week or so, I can admit it: The smell is obnoxious. It smells like decay.

I'm so sorry to be the one who ruins what looked like a winning streak for this product, but I will no purchase again. I doubt I'll even finish what I've already bought. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2009 10:00:00 PM More reviews by EmilyLynG

I'm really writing this review for one of my best friends, although I have used it before & LOVED it myself! About the friend...she has used this lotion EVERY single day for the past 6 years!!! All over...face & body! She 1st started using it just to soothe her skin after laying out, but then fell in love with it & uses it religiously! She swears by it & has this theory that aloe is the next anti-aging skincare staple haha! But who knows maybe she's right...we'll have to wait about 20 years to find out, but it won't stop her from using this!!!!!!!!!! Great product for the amount you get & price!!! Recommend!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2009 1:12:00 PM More reviews by BrittyG

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Well, I had never heard of this stuff, but after spending a day in the sun I was at my older sister's and needed some lotion. She showed me this, and it has been love from here on out. This stuff really helps extend the life of your tan, and is so moisturizing! It was great! The smell wasn't amazing, but it wasn't bad either. For the price, you get a lot of lotion too.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/29/2008 6:07:00 PM More reviews by ghettoprince

broke me out after one use, shame cos it moisturised my skin quite well, but look at the ingredients, mineral oil is second on the list, why do they even bother using this crap?

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2008 7:50:00 AM More reviews by vanessa713

PACKAGING AND PRICE: I'm very impressed with the packaging because it's so big (473ml pump bottle)! I've had my bottle a good few months now and I'm nowhere near finishing. It is insanely cheap for how big the bottle is, I think I only spent about 3 on it in Superdrug.

FEATURES: Like the reviewer below, I use this as a tan extender as this is what it's advertised for. It helps to keep my tan looking beautiful by helping to replenish the moisture thanks to the aloe vera and vitamin e.

APPLICATION: I use a generous amount of this all over my body. It's a non-greasy lotion that absorbs into the skin fairly quickly despite being thick. You can put a little bit more on if your skin is feeling all hot and bothered from the sun rays for that extra cooling sensation. It cools me down quickly and spreads very well.

RESULTS: Ultra moisturised skin, of course! My skin feels so smooth and supple for the next 24 hours after applying this - I could not stop touching myself! It really does leave me feeling silky and comfortable. I use this whilst I'm on holiday and after I come back so my tan lasts for absolutely ages.

VERDICT: This is the best tan extender/after sun that I've used before, and it's dirt cheap! It can also be doubled up as a regular moisturiser because it makes the skin feel so moisturised. It is great for sensitive skin too - my sisters skin is sensitive and it gives her no trouble. Overall, I'm a very big fan of this lotion!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2008 6:54:00 AM More reviews by Eva16

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I used this on my holiday in the Caribbean last year - not to save my skin (I never burn or peel) but just to try & extend my tan. I applied this every day after coming back to the hotel room from a tanning session on the beach & I must say; it helped me prolong my dark tan very well!

The bottle is extremely big & is in a pump style. The price is amazingly cheap, so you're getting a lot for your money...it really is a great deal. The smell is nice & the lotion absorbs easily (as long as you don't smother too much on). It brings back a lot of moisture to the skin & leaves me feeling soft/smooth for hours on end.

This is the best tan extender I've ever used, & it's also great as a moisturiser. I usually just use palmers cocoa butter to try & extend my tan, but this is the only tan extender I'm ever going to buy from now on. It's brilliant.