December 19, 2014 | 1700 users online

Pressed Powders - MAC - Blot Powder - Light

rated 4 of 5 on 7/24/2011 10:10:00 PM More reviews by juvenileOrion

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use this as a setting powder over my liquid foundation and also to help control some shine on my T-zone. It works alright, does its job so nothing much to complain about that. Seems a bit pricey for just setting powder though and I'm not really crazy about the puff it came with - it's a bit stiff. Would repurchase this if I can't find another cheaper alternative for it.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/8/2010 10:08:00 AM More reviews by ankhgrl49

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Generally I don't have oily skin and I don't have trouble getting my makeup to stay, EXCEPT in two spots: my chin and nose. I've tried a variety of pressed powders to help with this, and so far I wasn't happy. This had great reviews, so I picked it up. For just being blotting powder it's a tad expensive, BUT it works. The color is very, very white and if I pack on too much it does give me a whitish cast, so I am very careful to just tap the tiniest bit onto my brush or the sponge and I just dab where I need it. This keeps my concealor and foundation in place, especially when I have a blemish I'm trying to keep covered. Packaging is really nice, classy, sturdy and useful; the mirror is great because I no longer have to carry a seperate one. I would buy again, but I highly doubt with how much I have and how much I actually use it will run out anytime soon. I will also add that I have only used this in the Fall and Winter, I'm dying to find out how it will work when it's much warmer and more humid out this Spring and Summer.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2010 12:35:00 PM More reviews by aznxhottie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

The review from me in the LIGHT MAC BLOT PRESSED POWDER was a mistake. I actually got it in Medium. Thought I got it in Light. My mistake. You can find my review in the Medium review.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/17/2010 4:08:00 PM More reviews by Insidia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I like MAC Blot Powder, and it works as advertised, however I feel that there must be a cheaper alternative that works just as well. I use it for touch-ups as needed, and it does a great job mattifying my skin. The packaging feels a bit flimsy and the included puff isn't the most hygienic option, but the quality of the powder itself is very good -- it keeps oil totally at bay without looking chalky.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2010 4:54:00 PM More reviews by Rachel211

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I have the most oily skin in the history of the world and this works wonders. Get a good brush to apply it - I have found the Sephora Professionnel Platinum Blush Brush #49 works best.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/26/2010 4:51:00 PM More reviews by jeanineteneleven

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I don't think this is my HG, but I do like the powder so far. I've been using it for a couple months now, but I'd like to test it out in the warmer months before I'm set on whether or not I'll buy it again (for now, however, it's a yes).

WEARING THE POWDER

- It feels lightweight, and it doesn't give me a ghostly appearance. It also doesn't tend to come off throughout the day.
- I do like it as a powder to help set foundation on my nose, by my eyes, and forehead. I don't tend to use it on my cheeks unless I'm wearing blush or bronzer and I need a set powder.
- I don't use the puff applicator that came with the compact (I think those are really unhygenic and they tend to create a cakey appearance), so I tend to use a small amount of powder on a large Bobbi Brown powder brush, tap it against the compact a couple times to drop any excess powder and dust it on very lightly.
- In all the times I have used this powder, I have only had to reapply in one instance that I can think of.

COLOUR MATCH

Initially I thought I would be able to use the medium powder because it seemed like a good match to me, but the employee at MAC laughed and told me I'd be better off using the light powder because it's not pigmented.. I'm glad I took his advice because looking back, the medium powder would have been too dark for my face. Definitely consult with one of the employees if you're uncertain which shade is best for you.

OTHER THOUGHTS

- I like the packaging, however, others have mentioned being afraid of dropping the powder and having it shatter, and I have often felt the same.
- It's not a bad price, especially when, like me, you don't need use it every single day.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/12/2010 3:56:00 PM More reviews by Ponchy

Blah. Yes, it blots my face but it looks chalky on. I now only use it to spot "blot" sides of nose, eyelids, and forehead if I am wearing bangs. OK...it keeps the oilies at bay but it makes me look ugly while its doing so. I'll stick with my Shu Eumura "loose powder" for the future even if it does make a mess of my make-up bag occasionally.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2010 5:48:00 PM More reviews by LoveMakeUpEver2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

NC25/C3,
I have super oily skin and I have to say this is my staple. It isn't my HG or anything, but it is staple that I have to have everyday. I've used loose blot in Light, Pressed Blots in Light, Medium, and Medium/Dark, but seriously all of them are just transparent on my NC25/C3, EDM Winged Butter/Butter Tan skintone. I will be ordering 4 more Medium Blot tomoro for FF sale :) I use blot powder w/ MAC leatherette puff (the one that comes with MAC Sheer pressed powder, but you can buy it separately $6.00 for pack of 2. MAC site say it's non-washable, but it is and it last for whole pressed blot until you see the pan)
I like to use blot powder instead of using blotting paper, just gives powdery-matte look without actually feeling dry. If you prefer non-powdery, dewy look, this powder isn't for you.

I ordered 2 light and 2 medium color for FF. Even though it appears translucent on me, why not have 2 options when I wear it :D

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2009 4:54:00 PM More reviews by StarbrightSparkles

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

The guy at MAC tried this on me because I was really fed up with my make-up not staying put and matte all day. I have really oily skin so it doesn't help.

I use their studio fix powder in nw15 and nc20 and usually half way through the day the oil starts to come out so just a quick touch up of the blot powder makes my make-up look like how it was when I first put it on.

Love this stuff. It really works for my super oilyness. I may need to use it 1-3 times a day, but when it completely mattifies my shiny complexion - I don't mind.

Would definitely buy this one over and over.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/24/2009 10:20:00 AM More reviews by angelbemine

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I used to use MAC Select Sheer in NC05. I find it's coverage beautiful, not thick enought to be mask-like/foundation-like, but not thin like a baby powder would apply (I used to use baby powder when I was younger). The Select Sheer would cover slight freckles but not look like I'm wearing anything on top of my skin. But alas! it turns to dark pinkish/orangish after an hour or so. The SA told me that this is due to the acid on my skin. I now have to switch to this Blot Powder. I like that it doesn't turn dark on me, even after hours of wear. It also regulates oil. As with the Select Sheer, I have to blot within an hour. The only drawback here is that it covers like a baby powder. Lacking of pigment & coverage. Guess I'll have to go on searching for the perfect face powder, as I don't use foundation. As for now...this will have to suffice.