November 29, 2014 | 1687 users online

Makeup Brushes - Sonia Kashuk - Powder Brush

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2012 7:21:00 PM More reviews by unshkw

Great brush with wonderful price!!! I don't use pricey brushes; this is actually the highest priced one I've ever had, but it's totally worth it! I only apply light powder foundation after sunlotion, and I usually do it with a big blush to make a natural look. This brush feels really smooth and works perfectly, and its angle makes it so easy to brush certain area (eg sides of my nose). Also, unlike other brushes I've used, the oil from my face (from moisturizer or sunlotion) doesn't stay on it.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2012 7:33:00 PM More reviews by spiritedastray

This is a review for the white-handled brush. I really do love this powder brush and have been using the same brush for over two years - It has great lasting quality if you take good care of it. The brush is very soft and I have never found it scratchy or uncomfortable. It easily picks up lots of product and distributes both pressed and loose powder evenly. HG powder brush, great price, highly recommend!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/21/2012 1:38:00 PM More reviews by Katillac

This is for the BLACK handled brush. (Sidenote: I find all the black handled brushes are worth the extra 5 bucks or so. They don't shed as much and will last a lot longer!)

This brush is extremely soft, and I find that it rarely sheds. I use it to apply a light dusting of powder. I find that it works better with loose powder than pressed powder, as it doesn't pick up as much product. If you're wanting thicker coverage, you might want a brush that's a bit more dense (such as EcoTools Bronzer Brush). This brush is good for apply a very light layer of powder and/or using it with no product on it to blend out bronzer/blush/contour.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/15/2011 11:24:00 AM More reviews by starrz329

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this brush about 2 weeks ago for applying my MAC Prep and Prime loose powder. I looooove it. Its very soft, powder applies like a dream. It actually pics up product like its suppose to. Not floppy at all

rated 1 of 5 on 8/4/2011 4:45:00 PM More reviews by shimmergirl1123

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have the white handle brush, which at my Target, cost $19.99!! So I thought that this brush would be pretty good. I think it is pretty soft, but it sheds SOO MUCH! Every time I use this brush I end up with 10 or more hairs all over my face. Disappointed, especially for the price.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/18/2011 3:02:00 PM More reviews by cavo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This review is for the black handle brush. I have had mine for almost three years now and I love the handle and softness, but it started shedding after the first couple of months :(. It sheds at least two or more hairs every time I use it and because of this, I would not buy again or recommend it to anybody :(.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2011 11:41:00 AM More reviews by nubletta

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

*WHITE HANDLE*

So, I'm usually pretty fond of SK's brushes. I own quite a bit of them. This one sheds quite a bit when you wash it and use it on yourself. Its a soft brush though. I'm planning on buying the black one, so I hope to not experience that. I will update my review if I do so.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2011 8:54:00 PM More reviews by WarmSocks

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have the black handled brush.
I've had this brush for over a year and hasn't shed a single hair and kept its shape through weekly washings. It is soft and fluffy, but just dense enough to do its job. It also comes in a plastic case that I still keep it in.

The only thing is that the bristles have turned from black to a light brown color over time, but that may just be the dye rinsing out or something.

Overall the best (and cheapest) powder brush I've tried.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/30/2011 3:31:00 PM More reviews by amyers2

What it is - a somewhat densely packed powder brush.
- - -
Pros - the bristles are very soft (no scratching or irritability) and pretty densely packed. I've had my brush for about a year now and no shedding or noticeable bristle fall out. Easily picks up powder and evenly distributes it across face.
- - -
Cons - none really.
- - -
Side note - for the price this brush is a steal. I have the white handled one and I think I got for around 10.00 at Target. I had the Mac powder brush before but the handle wound up separating from the bristle part and I couldn't see spending 40.00 - 50.00 again on a brush that would do that so I got this one instead. The bristles are not as densely packed as high end brushes but for the price this is a quality brush.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2011 8:56:00 AM More reviews by KelliaC

Great powder brush for only $19.99 at Target! The bristles are soft and silky. The brush is big enough to pick up enough powder and distribute on your face. Great quality, doesn't shed and is so affordable. It's as good than the expensive brushes out there like MAC, Smashbox, etc. I use this brush to help set my foundation by applying loose powder on my face. The key is to use vertical strokes, and to mostly stroke downwards to avoid the fine hair on your face from going in all sorts of directions. Overall, a definite winner!