November 28, 2014 | 1915 users online

Gels/Soaps - Burt's Bees - Radiance Exfoilating Body Wash [DISCONTINUED]

rated 3 of 5 on 3/3/2011 11:46:00 PM More reviews by sdpink1221

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this on sale for 4$ which I'm so glad I didn't pay full price. I'm not sure if the smell varies but mine smells weird.I thought it was something I would get use to but nope..it's also very runny.it lather pretty well but the "exfoliation" bead are few and far between plus my skin has almost a waxy feel after I use it.I'm not sure if those beads cause it or just the formula all together.I love burts bee stuff but this one was a huge disappointment

rated 1 of 5 on 12/17/2010 12:38:00 AM More reviews by aprettypetal

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Don't buy this! I tried the sample size of this in my radiance kit and I'm glad I did and didn't buy the full-size. It smells like hair dye, does not foam or lather well at all, AND it leaves your skin dry (okay maybe the last part is good for people with oily skin). Basically, the 3 problems with the product that I mentioned is consistent with what other reviewers have said. None of us got a defective bottle or anything, the product is just not good. A better alternative is the citrus and ginger root body wash which I have tried also (foams well and leaves skin soft), the only thing I would suggest is to check out the smell before buying it in the store as some people might not like it.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2010 1:30:00 AM More reviews by Ryokumuji

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

What I like the most about this product is the smell. I just love the scent from the radiance line. It is a little runny but I found that when I switched to a better loofah, I got way more suds than my old one. I've never felt "unclean" after using this. And my skin has never felt dried out either, unlike with other body washes that have left me with a tight, dry feeling.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/3/2010 10:18:00 AM More reviews by janetrachel75

Wow. Can't take the smell (intense and like perfume). I really didn't think this wash cleaned or exfoliated very well either. Definitely not for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/23/2010 6:07:00 PM More reviews by LadyVelvet

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

It's alright, not my favorite exfoliating wash. It did make my skin feel soft & smooth. The smell was sweet, I liked that.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2009 10:41:00 PM More reviews by canadiancutie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This is okay, but I am still going to keep looking for something better.
It smells okay, but it smelled better in the store than when I actually used it.
The consistancy is very runny, so I end up using alot of it. It's not cheap, so using too much of it could get expensive.
The good things about it are that it left my skin very soft, and I found that it did exfoliate well. Also, the beads that are in it dissolve. I wouldn't want beads in my body wash otherwise.
In the end, however, it is far too runny and doesn't lather all that great. I won't buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/5/2009 9:51:00 PM More reviews by hellokittyfan1974

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm on my 2nd bottle of this stuff. Overall it is a great daily natural creamy body wash. It has a mild but clean scent to it that makes it great for guys too. The Jojoba beads in this are super tiny & barely noticeable and do very little exfoliating in this wash. After using this my skin feels smooth and soft without that film other washes leave. It's also free of parabens and phalates.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2009 5:04:00 PM More reviews by FeeFee34

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't see why people have problems with this, although I'm not very picky about body washes. My criteria is that it can't be animal-tested, it can't contain a bunch of ingredients I try to avoid (mineral oil, methylparaben, a bunch of sulfates, etc.), and it should smell reasonably good. This body wash it just fine. It smells like sweet honey, and I think it's meant to work as a chemical exfoliant, rather than the physical exfoliant that I think many people are expecting. For instance, physical exfoliants contain rough particles to physically remove dead skin cells, such as a sugar or salt scrub. Chemical exfoliants contain ingredients that promote cell turnover and regeneration, such as using a yogurt mask. I'd happily repurchase and really see nothing to complain or cheer about this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2009 2:15:00 AM More reviews by isingonrooftops

I really like this body wash. The smell is nice, and it lathers up rather nicely. There aren't a lot of beads in it, but if you use a loofah, you should have no problem exfoliating your body. As for the product going bad, what I do is take all my Burt's Bees products out of the bathroom once I'm done showering, wipe the excess water off the products, and place them in my room. This is working so far. If your product contains no preservatives (some sources that I have read indicate that some of Burt's Bees products contain no preservatives), then the product is more likely to go bad, especially if it is placed in a bathroom all day. However, it has a much better chance of not going bad if you place it at room temperature.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2009 6:33:00 PM More reviews by myolderbrother

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this when I was pregnant so I would be putting a good product on my skin. Smell got to me quickly! Did not deliver the clean feeling I look for in a body wash! Will not purchase again.