October 25, 2014 | 1715 users online

Mascara - Becca - Ultimate Mascara

rated 4 of 5 on 6/4/2010 7:53:00 PM More reviews by lumjiwing

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

Used Diorshow mascara which thickened and defined your lashes with their nice rubber brush but still smudged since I get pretty oily on my eyes at the end of the day~racoon eyes again!

Got this coz I like Becca and this was on a sample sale. First of all, don't take the word "ultimate". It's far from being ultimate. It should be called "natural". Maybe if Diorshow has one that doesn't smudge, that is an ultimate.

Wore it once on a friend's wedding party. Never smudged a bit. It worked the way as said. Gives your eyes defined lashes and it comes off in narrow tubes as you wash your face and rub your eyes with water. No cotton pad or eye mkup remover needed, so it's good for sensitive skin. Works the same way as mascara by Imju on Sephora.com. Imju is more inky / watery and Becca is drier.

For those who want dramatic lashes like what the maybelline sells, long and thick, DO NOT get this (and neither Imju)!!! You will be very disappointed. It's only for those who want a bit fuller and defined lashes that still look natural on a work day. Becca is never about drama look~

This is expensive so I guess I will get mine on ebay when I finish it. Just doesn't worth to pay this much for a natural mascara look.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2010 2:35:00 PM More reviews by JClarke

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I don't get it - can all these people be wrong? Or is there some fault with the mascara I have bought? I can honestly say this is the worst mascara I have bought in my entire life and I have been buying them for over 40 years now!

After they discontinued the mascara I had been perfectly happy with for so long, I saw this on a wesbite, read the reviews on MUA, and ordered it. I don't understand this "tubing" thing at all. I don't see it. What I do see is that the mascara appears quite thick and clumpy even before it gets to your eyelashes. Needless to say, on application it is very clumpy and, yes, my eyelashes did look thick, but that's because they were all stuck together!!

When it comes to time to take it off, it is extremely difficult, even with the remover I use for waterproof mascara which I've never had any trouble with before. And it comes off in lots of little flakes.

An all round disaster. What's more, this is a very rare occasion in that I am actually going to put this in the bin - I am so tight-fisted that I usually soldier on no matter what but this is such a grotty product that I refuse to use it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2010 6:47:00 AM More reviews by kit_kat68

This tubing mascara is the bomb. It curls, gives some volume and doesn't irritate my sensitive eyes. Nice black pigment.

Its love, have and will continue to repurchase

I did have one tube that didn't tube, but Becca replaced it for me...

rated 1 of 5 on 3/8/2010 12:43:00 AM More reviews by HappyGoLucky27

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am searching for my HG mascara and I thought a mascara called 'Ultimate' would end my search but no. I'm quite disappointed with this mascara as it did nothing for my lashes at all. I'm used to wearing waterproof mascara however I've tried this on it's own and over a waterproof mascara thinking it might at least give me volume (as I do with other non waterproof mascaras) but it didn't do anything for me. Non waterproof mascara don't hold the curls either and for those interested if it did hold the curls, no it didn't. No volume, no length, definitely no wow factor. Paid almost AU$50 for this tube. Won't be buying again.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/27/2010 6:00:00 AM More reviews by shinyaholic

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This mascara is ok- it defines my lashes nicely and stays put all day. It really hasn't wowed me though, whilst it does define it doesn't give fantastic length or volume.

I'll carry on using this until it's gone, but I wouldn't purchase again.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2009 11:49:00 PM More reviews by kimorris

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I was losing a lot of lashes from wearing waterproof mascara and the resulting efforts to remove it so I thought this would be gentler on my eyes. I suppose it is since it washes off, but as I have allergies and dry eyes due to contacts, I'll often have watery eyes, apply drops, or rub my eyes throughout the day. This causes the mascara to flake off in tiny bits around my eyes which can be difficult to brush off. Even if I didn't have these issues, the wand design isn't anything special and doesn't really do much for volume or length. This was already a bit gloopy to start off with, but became even more so very soon after purchasing, causing major clumping issues. On the plus side, the black is a very dark black and it is smudgeproof.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/3/2009 4:07:00 PM More reviews by heather22

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I'm afraid I'm not a fan :( I bought this based on these high reviews but was disappointed . . . It does an OK job but for the price I would expect much, much more. Maybe I'm applying it wrong but I just don't get the same effect as I do with Chanel Exceptional or some of the Lancome mascara's.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2009 6:33:00 PM More reviews by petmyskurvette

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My lashes are sparse and not very long. They are also straight, and I have dry eyes and tend to blink/rub my eyes a good deal. I absolutely hate when mascaras don't hold a curl or smudge off, but I definitely didn't have to worry about that with this mascara.

Pros: Seems to thicken and lenghthen my lashes well, holds the curl well, does not smudge at ALL, comes off easily when I want it to without flaking into my eyes, great Paraben-free ingredients.

Con: Expensive!, a few lashes clumped together on 2nd coat of mascara.

I just graduated from college, so I don't have tons of money and am sad that I like this mascara so much, since it's so pricey. I will definitely be purchasing this mascara again anyway, though. I have looked wide and far for a mascara that doesn't have horrible chemical ingredients and that stays put and looks beautiful all day.

Extra notes: I fell asleep for about 4 hours with this mascara on and woke up with no mascara smudges and with my lashes perfectly curled still. I also cried (pretty hard, for a while...) with this mascara on, and while it wasn't a total mess, it did melt off a bit.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2009 4:40:00 AM More reviews by maggiANDsophie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really liked this mascara and think its probably the best ive ever bought. It curls and thickens and holds a curl all day, so much so that i have had no need for a curling wand - heated or otherwise. It comes off easily too. My lashes are already quite long so im not sure about lengthening But i will def buy again, allways looks good and drys fast and doesnt smudge at all!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/11/2009 2:46:00 AM More reviews by Satinslipper

Okay, it hasn't smudged yet or irritated my sensitive eyes, it plumped and held a curl, but being addicted to last extensions and using falsies, I have yet to find "the Ultimate" mascara to replace my expensive habit. This is not the "ultimate" by far. It was expensive and didn't help make a significant impact in volume. I will definitely give it a chance since I am also still looking for the ultimate lash curler. So far, with sparse tiny, straight lashes, many mascaras just don't seem to work very well.