October 31, 2014 | 1584 users online

Hair Color - Revlon - Colorsilk in Dark Brown

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2013 7:03:00 AM More reviews by prettypollyperkins

Total rubbish. I was sucked into trying this due to the great reviews and the price but it left my scalp very sore and my hair like straw. Days after using it (I followed the instructions to a tee) the colour (dark brown mixed with golden brown) still looked unremarkable and totally flat with any shine taken out of my formerly extremely shiny hair. It took me weeks to whip my hair back into shape with intensive conditioning, rosemary rinses and keratin spray plus my weekly Aphogee treatment. Don't use this if your hair is fine. And if you have resistant greys don't bother either. Mine were showing again after just a week. The overall colour, however boring, only faded a little though.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/11/2013 12:23:00 AM More reviews by m3talmary

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love this stuff! It's only like $2.30 and it does a good job at coloring for what it is. The conditioner is the bomb as well! It leaves my hair super soft. I wish I could buy bottles of it

rated 2 of 5 on 10/10/2013 10:42:00 PM More reviews by whimsicaldreamz

I typically use feria red dyes... Wanted to change it up a bit and go chocolate brown.. A few weeks ago i used feria "espresso" which sucked and barely covered the red dye. Today i used revlon dark brown and my hair is now BLACK.... But the first 3 inches of my hair still has red tones. I am very disappointed.. I wanted BROWN hair :(... I have died my hair black on purpose years ago and I know this is black.. NOT "dark brown"!!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2013 2:47:00 AM More reviews by DLyanii

I love this product. Especially if anything goes wrong with any other color dye or brand this always has my back and fix my haircolor. Revlon dark brown is one of the best colors at first looks black but then fades away and the hair will be a brown natural looking.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/14/2013 12:06:00 AM More reviews by ccarlino

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Silver, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I applaud those that reviewed this product giving 4-5 lippies. I used Revlon Colorsilk prior to letting my hair grow out to its natural silver, platinum. Revlon was the least damaging and most natural looking of all the drug store hair colors for me. The trick is getting the correct color. Good product for touching up roots and pulling through the ends in the final minutes before rinsing.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2013 9:27:00 PM More reviews by smn864

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

With 45 staring me down and me tired of shelling out close to $200 every 6 weeks for a cut and color at my salon, I decided to bite the bullet and try this color at home. I should mention I've been using, off and on, Natural Instincts but found it not cover my gray hair at all.

Used the Colorsilks Dark Brown #30. My hair is naturally very dark brown so this looked closest to my normal shade. Super easy to apply, has little smell, and in 25 minutes my hair looks great. It is a tad closer to soft black, but I expected it to be based on prior reviews. I assume it will fade out in the next week. My hair is super soft thanks to the conditioner, and the best part is the color is not one flat-matte-shade. I actually have tones and subtle highlights (dark red) throughout. I love it. No itchy scalp, minimal dripping during application, and my hair feels good after I dried it.

If it lasts me 4-6 weeks I'll definitely repurchase. Can't beat it for the price - under $5 at Walgreens.

(I know everybody critiques the packaging, but I still give it 5 stars for just putting out a good product - I don't need the bells and whistles of packaging)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2013 7:39:00 PM More reviews by Hothead

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have had brown hair for about 4 weeks now. I have had blonde/red and light brown prior to using this haircolor. The base was a level 6 brown when I applied this but a persistent and nagging problem was the red undertone and nothing covered it up - L'Oreal, Revlon Prof. Well, Feria, Alfaparf, hello?? .. it was silly. I picked this up on a whim. In the past, I have used the 72 (strawberry blonde) which was fantastic at the time. But time and life has made me move on to my darker side.

Color: Perfect dark brown with no undertones of either gold or red. Not flat, just dark shiny hair
Texture: Perfect shiny hair especially for damaged hair. My hair is damaged beyond belief, but this gave me magnificent shine and volume.

ok, so we all know the box is crappy. the gloves are measly and the conditioner is great. But what I had forgotten was that consistency of color and texture of my hair after I used this was even better than my salon visits and about $ 200 less!

I think that speaks for itself .. while I do not recommend some of the blonde colors in this line, the Reds are stunning and the browns are also.

Excellent buy and highly recomended.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/10/2013 3:47:00 PM More reviews by kahou79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is one of the best haircolors that I've tried and it's soooo cheap! My hair used to always get a reddish hue a couple weeks after coloring and I tired so many different brands with no luck. This does not turn red at all and it's a very quality product which I've been using a couple years now. I am quite pale, NC15ish, and the color is fairly dark but about the same color as my natural hair. Even though I'm only 33 I have a lot of grey coming in on my temples and around my hairline that I want to cover up. This does a wonderful job and I will keep on using it.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/24/2013 1:05:00 AM More reviews by mariefranci

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So i dyed my hair with colorsilk dark brown today. I was HOPING that it will cover this brassy red tone in my hair. It fixed it a little bit but i still have some redness in my hair. Overall, its a beautiful colour though. If you have very light hair, this colour might be a shock to you at first. It is a little darker than it shows on the box, but it isn't black. I actually wish my hair turned out darker.. Maybe next time I will try the brown black dye.

PROS:
- cheap
- no burning
- smell's decent
- ammonia free! yay!
- shiny/smooh
- pretty colour
- easy to apply

CONS:
- didn't cover redness/brassiness completely
- ends are a little dry (but i wont blame this ENTIRELY on the dye ..since winter just passed)
- I wish the conditioner came in a tube for future use.
- my hair felt tangled after I washed out the colour

TIPS: If you have long hair, you WILL need two boxes. I never used two boxes in my life with other brands and I always had long hair.

I like this hair colour and I like this brand. Natural Instincts semi permanent is what I usually buy because my hair feels more healthy with semi. BUUT i tried a semi and it wasnt covering this redness so thats why I tried revlon.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2013 1:19:00 AM More reviews by birdmom3

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I mix two dyes a dark brown and an auburn brown. I use it every month. And the price is right. It lasts and since my gray shows up after 4 weeks or more, it is cheaper than going to a salon.