Nivea Hydro Care

3.8

Active: Octinoxate, Avobenzone, Other: Octyldodecanol, Caprylic/Capric Triglycerides, Microcrystalline Wax, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Cetyl Palmitate, Myristyl Myristate, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Water, Glycerin, Cetearyl Alcohol, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, C20-40 Alkyl Stearate, Beeswax, Fragrance

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

During the last couple weeks my lips had been so dry, and nothing I used on them would restore the moisture that had been lost. I had tried this balm in the past, and always had good things to say about it so I picked it up again this week, and it's safe to say my lips are on the road to recovery. Locks in moisture for hours, doesn't have a funky or off-putting smell or taste to it. Very natural feeling, and it's a product that you can feel is actually working. SPF-15 is another bonus! Your lips have the protection from all that nature throws at you. Would highly recommend this inexpensive product.

My lips normally ain't dry, then I went on a trip a whole weekend - brought this with me, and used it all weekend. It didn't do anything good for my lips. My lips became dry after using this for a weekend. I would never buy this product again! Not when it ruined my non-dry lips.

on 8/19/2014 1:55:00 AM

I like this lip balm a lot. It goes on easily, leaves my lips feeling moisturised and doesn't have a gross taste if you accidentally get any in your mouth. This is not an expensive product and does last quite a while.

on 4/7/2014 3:22:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love the smell and smoothness of these lip balms. They're great for the handbag and are really REALLY moisturising. They lock it in and LAST which is what I look for in everything because I hate touching up every hour or whatever. The only negative is the can be a bit waxy sometimes but after a few minutes the feeling goes but apart from that they're fab for my bag and locking in necessary moisture when I have dry lips.

on 2/16/2014 7:50:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I've been using this product for 6 years and I've compared it to other brands such as blistex and chapsticks (I hate the weird smell), maybelline baby lips (too oily) and even Nivea essential lip balm (too greasy and melts quite easily). I always come back to this as I feel like it's such a lightweight product and it makes me feel like there's nothing on my lips. Personally, I find this lip balm scent-less and easy to apply, making my lips feel soft and chapped-free for hours on end. I admit, I find myself reapplying this every few hours or so, however, it's become such a habit after 6 years that I don't mind at all! In Australia, this product costs around $3.50-4 AUD, which is a bit expensive compared to other brands such as blistex or chapstick, however I believe that it's well worth the price because it doesn't melt under the Australian sun and one tube lasts me around half a year or more. Would I recommend this product? Of course! Over and over again :)

on 12/14/2013 10:48:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

I bought this in a duo pack for $8.00 at Walmart TODAY and I am already happy with it! Soft, light feeling, and THE SMELL!!!! It's not specifically scented but the natural smell it has is so clean smelling!!! Slightly oily, but I like that! LOVE it, would buy again!

on 9/29/2013 3:31:00 PM

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

Most people who gave this product negative reviews are those who expected it to be heavy duty lip balm. Well, it's not and it's quite obvious from it's name only, not to mention info on the box or their website.
Hydrocare is light lip balm, because there are people who don't have dry and/or chapped lips and who don't like their lip balms to be greasy and thick (me among them). I give it best marks and I will purchase again.

on 9/14/2013 8:25:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is the best lip care product I've ever used!
Hydrates my dried lips all the time, but dries out quickly and have to re-apply like an hour later.
I love the cute little bubbles on the previous lid! Now they changed the lid and "improved" the formula.... Haven't tried the new one yet though, gonna try it soon! :D

on 6/12/2013 5:04:00 PM

This is my holy grail lip product, I love it. Sometimes it can go a bit dogey on the lips and crease, but normally it's very hydrating. It tends to stay above the lips of I wouldn't recommend this if you don't like that. Doesn't have a smell really. i apply throughout the day and its easy to slick on in a rush. Definitely recommend.

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

I love Nivea, I do. But this lip chap is HORRIBLE. Maybe it's just my lips, but this lip chap severely dried out my lips and caused them to be so irritable and itchy that it took my a while to repair the damage with my "eos" lip balm (I only tried switching to Nivea lip balm due to eos bulky sphere packaging).

On the plus side, for everyone who does not have weird super sensitive lips and is just looking for a decent lip balm, this has a convenient package, smells amazing, and feels so smooth when you apply it, it practically just glides on. Unfortunately it's just not for me.