MAC Saint Germain (Amplified Creme)

This lipstick is a waste of money. I'd made a mistake buying this lipstick without even trying it. The color in the tube was so nice and I thought it's just another pink lipstick and that the color is close to nars roman holiday lipstick which I love,how can I go wrong? man was I wrong. The color it so intense it's like putting on a matte paint in your lips, it highlight every lines in your lips for everyone to see and the formula is so dry and smell like pastry. The shade is like a very pigmented baby pink with a bluish undertone so if you have yellowish teeth this lipstick will remove the ish in yellowish and make it really yellow. Eww!!! Lastly this lipstick is full of lead, I swatch this at the back of my hand and rub a gold ring in it, it turned dark gray almost black. no wonder whenever I put in on my lips after a few hours my lips starts to chop sometimes I even feel like there's this little burning sensation. The color might work for some especially if you like attention to your lips but it's a no go for me. I won't purchase it again.

on 5/21/2014 5:48:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

It streaks badly on my lips !!

on 3/9/2014 8:30:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

LOVE Saint Germain it is one of my go to lipsticks of life. I love pink lipsticks in general, they seem to work best with my skin tone and I would definitely reach for a pink lip over a red or a neutral any day, although I do still love a red or nude lip. Saint Germain is a pale neon bubble gum pink with a blue undertone that makes it very cool toned. Its definitely a statement lip so if you were to wear this you'd definitely need to be toning down the eyes because its very neon and I think a dramatic eye plus this dramatic lip is equal to a hot mess. Unless you like that sort of thing of course!
My only complaint is it can be a little bit opaque and streaky when applied, almost chalky in texture, so it can make it a little hard to get it to look even on the lips. Sometimes I find it easier to work with a lip brush when applying just to even things out a little. The amount of times I am complimented when wearing this colour though doesn't put me off using it because of this.
Overall, I love, would recommend and repurchase

on 3/8/2014 1:11:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

NOT a good colour for my skintone. When I first owned this it was summer time so I was more tanned than usual, about Nc35. It made me look like I was trying to be Barbie's best friend. The colour is a cool toned lavender pink, I just couldn't get it to work for me. The colour also goes on unevenly and wears off the same, unevenly and patchy. Take a look on Google and you'll see what I mean. It goes all scummy. Not a good look in my opinion! I tried it when I was paler too, (Nc25) and still, no joy. Off it went into s w a p p e r s p h e r e...... x

on 3/6/2014 10:24:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I tried this on at a MAC counter today and it was very neon. I like to pull off a lavender pink here and there, but this is too much. I will not purchase.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

This is a fun color for sure. I was a tad worried I might look stupid wearing this because o my age but I've decided to go ahead and wear it proudly. It doesn't dry out my lips and is a pleasure to create looks with.

on 2/19/2014 11:10:00 PM

This is your Mac in your face bubble gum pink! Looks great, although I've noticed amplified cream is almost too creamy and comes off pretty quick. Mac needs to come out with a pro lip liner that matches better besides "In Anticipation", it's a little on the rose side. Hopefully they're have something soon. Over good lipstick

on 2/18/2014 9:54:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

A cheaper dupe for KA'OIR Snookilicious lipstick. This is $15 whereas KA'OIR is $22 plus shipping. If you like Snooki's or Nicki Minaj's style or you want an over-the-top/larger-than-life lipstick, this is your color. Looks very "hoopty girl" when paired with black e/s, black eyeliner, bronzer, & huge silver hoop earrings. When I wear this lipstick, I feel my inner diva coming out to the forefront. Kinda part stripper/part adult film actress, & I mean that in the most complimentary way possible. I feel like I want to wear VS Love Spell perfume when I wear this!! I personally luv this color, although it's not my usual shade as I usually reach for a color more nude or brown (ie more conservative!!). I can see where some people wouldn't like this shade, but if you do like it, you may also like MAC Behave Yourself or that the one MAC Nicki Minaj color they had that was the bright neon pink one (not the lavender one). This is in your face "wowza." I think this would look good on girls with glasses, it would balance out your features, at least that's how it looks on myself. I really adore this color. I am NC15/C10.

on 1/28/2014 9:58:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have been wanting this forever and was left so disappointed I can't even describe my letdown. I am very cool-toned and light. NW20 at my darkest and very dark hair. You'd think this would be perfect...no. It's so pale and so pastel it just looks weird. I can't imagine who this looks good on. It's supposed to be for fair girls who are cool-toned...so I don't know.

Not only did the color just not work but its very VERY streaky and takes a while to get it even. I guess it's because its so pastel? I have never been letdown by a MAC lipstick but this is a first. The rep thought it would look good considering my tone etc., and even she was surprised. She immediately said, "no...it's just too white-pink." Not flattering or anything. The color is so pretty so I wonder who does have luck with this.

She suggested Snob instead, which I have and LOVE. I really hope this helps because I had wanted this for so long and was so upset. The other rep said she sees it on darker ladies and it looks great, so maybe it IS geared for you darker ladies and not us fair ones. Good luck and hope this suits others instead.

on 1/22/2014 8:08:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

As always I love MAC lipsticks, but this one didn't work for me. I really love the Amplified Creme formula, it's semi-creamy, opaque, pigmented, and applies really smoothly. I have mostly neutral undertones, but I can look pretty warm toned on some occasions. This lipstick is a very cool toned pink, and that is the ONLY reason I don't like this shade. It doesn't look the best on me. If you like the idea of this lipstick, but you want a more wearable shade, try Snob instead. Saint Germain is a good lipstick for the right skin tone.

Popular Lipsticks