Make Up For Ever Kabuki Brush

4.6

on 4/18/2012 9:47:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Absolutely amazing brush. It is so soft and pretty full/dense. It's great for when I apply powder on the face... Such a great investment. Definitely get the real thing! I've tried dupes and fake versions of this, it is not the same. So worth the money :)

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

this brush is amazingly soft and amazing for buffing in foundation, powder, and bronzer. I use it to put on a darker powder on my face because it's much lighter than my body and it works PERFECT it's however more expensive than most kabuki brushes since it's $40

on 9/18/2011 4:03:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This brush is very soft. It is quite big. It is dense and it picks up alot of powder so u'd have to give it extra taps to rid of excess powder. Feels nice on the skin and not a single shredded hair. Very easy to clean as well. Good synthetic kabuki brush but I wouldn't buy it again. I'm just not a fan of kabuki brushes.

on 5/3/2011 12:56:00 PM

This brush is super, super soft. I mostly just use it to apply finishing powder, but it does very well for that. I imagine it would also do well blending foundation (but I only use TMs). I haven't had any shedding, and hope it'll last a long time.

on 2/21/2011 4:19:00 PM

It was a toss-up between this sucker and the Too-Faced retractable kabuki. The latter initially won out, since I found them to feel similar, and I really liked the hygienic factor of a retractable brush. However...I ended up purchasing the Make Up Forever kabuki within a week.

The stellar reviews are well-deserved. This sucker applies evenly, buffs beautifully, and hardly sheds. It's expensive, but will last for a long time (I hope!), and I consider it an investment.

This brush really applies and buffs liquid foundation also. "Airbrushed look." I personally like applying my liquid with a flat foundation brush, then buffing with this kabuki, or the Sigma F80. I feel like by using it to buff, and not apply/stipple all the time, I'm somehow keeping it cleaner and being a bit gentler on it.

Try using for applying and buffing liquid/powder/minerals, blush, bronzer. Really blends your final application beautifully.

on 1/22/2011 12:57:00 PM

A nice soft brush, but unfortunatly it cracked around the base after the first washing!!! Like another reviewer wrote, the black plastic coating on the handle is destroyed! And I handle my brushes with care. All in all a disappointment! I also prefer Kabukis that use grey squirrel (bunbuncity sells them on a famous online marketplace for a ridiculously low price and the last one I bought lasted me 4 years) because the result is really airbrushed and I can blend out bronzers or blushes so perfectly that nothing compares to it. The synthetic brushes are just not the same!

on 12/27/2010 1:04:00 PM

It is my first kabuki brush so I can't really compare it to any other brand. The bristles are very soft and it produces flawless skin in a swipe. I always count on this brush for my party make up, and you will be surprise of how good quality brush could drastically reduces the time consumed by your make up routine. The price is wayyy up there, but it's definitely worthy.

on 7/22/2010 9:33:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

This is my beauty find of the year! Thanks MUA for all the reviews that led me to this beauty in a zipper case.
Awesome brush, applies my MAC studio fix and blot powder like a dream. Flawless finish. I don't ever look caked up.
After I got this brush, I had lots of friends asking if I had changed my powder or foundation. That's what this brush does for you. It gives you an air-brushed look.
It's wonderful that it comes in its own zipper case as it's protected from other make-up items in my case. It does take a while to dry when its washed but I don't mind. This is far superior to my former love, MAC 187 brush which has now been relegated to a blush brush (very occasional use as I'm not big on blush... for now anyway).
Love this!!

on 7/21/2010 6:09:00 PM

I had a chance to try out this brush and was sold on it immediately. It is super soft on the face even though it is firm. The only con is the expense but once I tried it I could not go back to my MAC one.

PROS: Soft, but firm enough for application. Comes with a wonderful zip case.

CONS: Not cheap at all.

ALTERNATES: Much less expensive dupe for this that I would recommend is the Too Faced flatbuki brush. I like it better anyway because it applies less product and you are less likely to get the white cast the HD powder can give. Revlon's Kabuki is a bit firmer than this.