Maybelline Volum' Express The Colossal

3.5

Water - Aqua , Paraffin , Potassium Cetyl Phosphate , Beeswax - Cera Alba , Carnauba Wax - Cera Carnauba , Acacia Senegal Gum - Acacia Senegal , Glycerin , Cetyl Alcohol , Hydroxyethylcellulose , Sodium Polymethacrylate , Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil , Hydrogenated Palm Oil , Phenethyl Alcohol , Phenoxyethanol , Steareth-20 , PEG/PPG-17/18 Dimethicone , Polyquaternium-10 , Silica , Soluble Collagen , Simethicone , Panthenol , Disodium EDTA , Iron Oxides - CI 77499 - CI 77492 - CI 77491 - May Contain , Titanium Dioxide - CI 77891 - May Contain , Ultramarines - CI 77007 - May Contain , Chromium Oxide Greens - CI 77288 - May Contain , Chromium Hydroxide Green - CI 77289 - May Contain , Manganese Violet - CI 77742 - May Contain , Ferric Ferrocyanide - CI 77510 - May Contain , Mica - May Contain

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This mascara is the WORST I've ever used. For months, my eyes were ridiculously itchy and by midday my contact lenses were so blurry I literally couldn't see anything. I couldn't figure out what the problem was until one day I forgot to put on mascara. Boom. Like a light bulb went off. Flakes of the mascara would fall into my eye and onto my lenses, actually BLINDING me. I remember freaking out on public transit because I couldn't see. Even after a few minutes of having it on, people would tell me they could see black specks on my lenses. How embarrassing! I also spent so many uncomfortable nights rubbing at my eyes because of how itchy they were. Ever since I stopped using this mascara, I haven't had any of those problems. It's a shame because one of my good friends, who also wears lenses, uses this with no problem and her lashes look great. I'd be fine if it was just the itchiness that bothered me because that meant I must've been allergic to it, but the extreme flaking is unacceptable. And it wasn't just one faulty tube that I tried. I used this mascara for many months until I realized it was the culprit. I don't know, if it works for you then awesome. As for me, I'll stick to the Great Lash mascara.

This mascara is awesome as far as volume and holding curl. However, it smells like a butt. At first I was going to just deal with it because the mascara is so great and I figured it would just go away when it dried, but it continued to stink for like 30 minutes after I applied it. I'm sad about it but I can't repurchase this.

on 2/26/2015 8:39:00 AM

this mascara is nearly there!

i bought it on holiday because i'd forgotten my other mascara and was surprised at how much i liked it (usually i'm pretty picky with mascara - i have clump paranoia which i am sure many of you can relate to).

pros:
it does the job and it does it well!
it's pretty affordable considering the quality
lasts the whole day
no irritation

cons:
can get a liiiiittle clumpy if you're not applying it slowly and carefully
at the end of the day it might start to flake a tiny bit (only a tiny bit though)
doesn't come off in the shower (maybe this is a good thing? i guess it means it's super long lasting!)
it has the weirdest smell ever! i don't know if it was just the batch i got or something but mine smells like this weird combination of irises and chemicals. the smell doesn't transfer to your lashes as far as i can tell but it was just very odd!

so it is NEARLY my hg of mascara but just not quite because of a few quirks. overall i like it though!

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Works better when the formula dries up a bit, or else it's too wet and droopy for my asian lashes

on 2/21/2015 12:52:00 PM

Five years ago I tried this mascara and it rocked my socks off. Now, I'm not sure if I've changed or this mascara has transformed into garbage. It took way too many coats to even make it look like I was wearing it. Then, it flaked like crazy. To top it off, it would not come off my lashes, even with makeup remover. It was only $5 at Target, so I'll live, but I'm going back to my HGs.

(Maybe this isn't the same thing I tried out five years ago, but the packaging is identical, so I assumed it was.)

on 2/18/2015 4:52:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

All my life I have always used high end fashion brand mascaras. A few months ago I read a beauty blog about drug store make up and decided to give it a chance. Buying this mascara was a result of this decision and I am very happy that I have done it. It has everything that I am looking for in a mascara. It doesn't smudge, it's there until the end of the day, I can easily wash it off, it really gives amazing volume to my lashes. Considering the price, I think this is the perfect mascara. And to take off other mascaras I used to use so much eye make up remover in the end my eyes used to hurt. Now, every time I go out, unconsciously I reach out to this one. I definitely recommend this one. Mine also says 'Go Extreme!' on it and it is in leather black.

on 2/10/2015 8:14:00 AM

All time favorite!! 15 years as a makeup artist and I've been using this for the last 7-8 years

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

It does it's job nicely. Although it has this awful scent that lingers around me and for that reason I would find a less smelly one. I'll use this one up but would not buy again.

on 2/8/2015 4:34:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Maybelline makes the best mascara in my opinion. I love all there mascaras but this is my favorite. It gives great volume without clumping up ur lashes.

on 2/5/2015 12:53:00 PM

Not the best mascara I've used, but I guess it does it's job.