October 2, 2014 | 1274 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Volum' Express The Colossal

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2014 1:23:00 PM More reviews by hollzz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is the only mascara that I continuously repurchase. It's my tried and true mascara because it is black, builds up to a dramatic look in 2-3 coats and doesn't clump. Your lashes look dark, full, long, natural or dramatic depending on the number of coats applied. It is a great every day mascara with volume, a bit of length, and zero clumps. Its so easy to use and very low maintenance. This would be a great starter mascara for young girls. I wear the non-waterproof version to the gym and it will hold up and doesn't smudge or streak if I'm weight lifting or doing moderate intensity cardio. It may smudge a little if I do sprints or HIIT cardio and am sweating profusely, but it doesn't look bad and at that point I go straight to wash my face afterward. I haven't tried the waterproof version, but have layered this under my waterproof L'Oreal voluminous to go swimming and the combo looked nice together. HG for every day, but you may want something more dramatic for night time, or layer another mascara on top for more night time intensity.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/12/2014 12:07:00 AM More reviews by BADKITTY13

Not sure. yes only have used it a couple times. Does make my lashes longer and dark but no different from Cover Girl lash blast in the orange tube which I think I may like better. I really don't like the smell of this though it goes away. Will use for a while and re do the review. Nothing too special so far did not flake too much which is a pro but really hate the smell! Update: after using a few times I realize I really really hate the smell and works no where as good to Cover Girl Lash Blast!!! Nope won't be buying again... In fact I threw it away!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2014 9:34:00 PM More reviews by 13jhlee

I love this mascara! i like to switch around between mascaras but i always end up coming back to this one. it lengthens, and gives volume and i have short asian lashes. the wand is pretty big but it really works! after 2-3 coats my lashes look as good as they're going to get.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2014 1:52:00 PM More reviews by mariloureiro

- People always ask if my lashes are real, because they look so long when I'm wearing it.
- Gives lots of volume.
- Good price.

- If not applied correctly it looks and feels bad.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/11/2014 1:12:00 PM More reviews by RosePeacock

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Like a dry, stinky bumblebee...

I prefer Great Lash (I know, I'm in the minority there!). I'm giving it a go but honestly, it doesn't do much for my lashes at all. I didn't care for the flaking either.

I'd try other Maybelline mascara's but sadly I can't get along with this one! Oh well.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2014 9:54:00 PM More reviews by ThatOneLosersGF

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Many people take off stars because they don't know how to properly use this brush. Which in return, gives clumpy, spidery looking lashes. You have to take the brush, start at the root, and zigzag out. Really if you don't do that it won't end well. But that is a great mascara! It doesn't clump, give spider lashes, it separates extremely well actually! I don't have a single pair of lashes stuck together. It gives length, BUT, although it does make my lashes look a bit more full, I'm going to try combining others just to see I I can make them look just a tad more fuller. The smell is pretty strong but it wears off. It really doesn't flake that much, but if it does just a swipe of the finger does it. Other than that it's actually a great mascara:)

rated 4 of 5 on 8/2/2014 12:50:00 PM More reviews by InParadiseIsland

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This a great mascara if u don't like dramatic clumpy lashes. It lengthens your lashes and separates them and provides a bit of thickness to them :)

rated 4 of 5 on 8/2/2014 5:35:00 AM More reviews by lushblush

This mascara provides great volume! It thickens my lashes so much without clumping and looking nasty. It adds nice length and makes my lashes look volumised and dark! I would reccomend to anyone who wants bold, soft long lashes! I curl my lashes everyday and apply about 2 coats of this and it holds the curl really well and makes my lashes feathery and flutter. One con, the formula is a little too dry for me, but I am used to wetter formulas. This is my new favourite and I've only used it twice.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/31/2014 4:37:00 PM More reviews by beautylover212

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I was really excited about buying this product at first as I heard good things about it. I think the packaging is cute, just like all the other Maybelline mascara's! But I really disliked this product. I find the smell of the mascara quite strong, also I found the mascara VERY clumpy and it would make my lashes stick together too much.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/31/2014 11:43:00 AM More reviews by KatieMakeupLady

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is one of my favorite mascaras for layering! The wand is dense and does a good job at distributing mascara evenly, sometimes the tip gets too much product and you have to scrape it on the tube. I layer this with several other mascaras and this one is my favorite. It is dark and pigmented and the formula is thin enough as not to clump up on my lashes. I work it in right at the root from underneath and gently roll the wand up while wiggling back and forth in my lashes. I don't usually apply to the top of my lashes unless I have time to comb it out with a metal lash comb before it dries. It dries hard but not too brittle. It is not flaky on its own but I sometimes find myself picking it off my eyelashes and then it is flaky, for obvious reasons. It smells faintly like flowers but isn't overpowering. I haven't had any issues with it irritating my eyes (my eyes aren't usually sensitive to mascara, though). I would definitely recommend this product to anyone looking for a good drugstore brand mascara. I even bought my best friend a tube to add to her Christmas gift (which was a bag full of makeup, go figure!). A great product for the price!