Maybelline Volum' Express The Colossal

3.5

Water - Aqua , Paraffin , Potassium Cetyl Phosphate , Beeswax - Cera Alba , Carnauba Wax - Cera Carnauba , Acacia Senegal Gum - Acacia Senegal , Glycerin , Cetyl Alcohol , Hydroxyethylcellulose , Sodium Polymethacrylate , Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil , Hydrogenated Palm Oil , Phenethyl Alcohol , Phenoxyethanol , Steareth-20 , PEG/PPG-17/18 Dimethicone , Polyquaternium-10 , Silica , Soluble Collagen , Simethicone , Panthenol , Disodium EDTA , Iron Oxides - CI 77499 - CI 77492 - CI 77491 - May Contain , Titanium Dioxide - CI 77891 - May Contain , Ultramarines - CI 77007 - May Contain , Chromium Oxide Greens - CI 77288 - May Contain , Chromium Hydroxide Green - CI 77289 - May Contain , Manganese Violet - CI 77742 - May Contain , Ferric Ferrocyanide - CI 77510 - May Contain , Mica - May Contain

on 6/29/2015 11:47:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Before we begin: my lashes are medium length, fine, have natural "fullness" I guess you could say, yet sparse places are found in certain parts, grow straight/down. There's the background, now onto the review.
I am blown away by this mascara! I never thought I would be, considering The Falsies and The Rocket are my HG's.
As I said before in past reviews, (most) Maybelline mascaras are incredible (if you find the right one that works best for you) and especially from the "Volum' Express" line.
Anyway, I got the Colossal mascara in waterproof and I was skeptical because the brush is thick and huge and spikey and not appealing to me at all. The formula is also wet, which was a bonus. Once I applied it, I was BLOWN AWAY. The volume I had gotten from this mascara was UNREAL and the length was PHENOMENAL. I got fluttery big lashes all in one single coat. After two coats, my lashes looked like false lashes and my eyes were opened up and looked huge and more awake.
THE BEST PART: it lasted all day, little to no clumps were in my lashes, less smudges compared to The Falsies/The Rocket, volume AND length (not many mascaras can do that).
All in all, I was impressed considering its a drugstore mascara and one that I have never tried until now. Although, the only part that I didn't like was how on the brush, as soon as you take it out of the tube, it's all this goopy formula on there and I just have to wipe it off so I don't get clumps all up in my lashes. I have applied it without wiping it and my lashes were so disgusting and clumpy and gross. Other than that, I just remember to wipe off all the excess formula on the brush that I don't need.
So next time, I'll definitely buy this, but maybe in non-waterproof, since I heard that waterproof ruins lashes.
Amazing amazing amazing!

One of my favourite mascaras! Amongst the best I've used so far amongst drugstore and high end. Doesn't clump, doesn't melt and it holds a curl. Very impressed

on 6/27/2015 10:04:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love this mascara! I always use drugstore mascara because there are so many good ones. I just can't see paying a ton for it. This one really gives my lashes dimension and length. Two gripes: the gigantor brush makes it tough to do my lower lashes without making a mess, and the scent freaks me out. Why is it scented?? But otherwise I love this!

on 6/27/2015 9:26:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I absolutely love this mascara! If you're looking for a good drugstore mascara I really recommend this. It really gave me volume and not a lot but a bit length. I like to have lots of mascara because I have small lashes and this stuff really helps my eyelashes pop out. Doesn't flake or clump. I would definitely buy again (I've repurchased this about 3 times already!).

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This isn't a bad mascara, but it has its cons. The volume it gives is very lovely, and with two coats, my lashes look false. However, it is not a mascara you can just brush on quickly and head out the door.
If you are not careful in applying, the extremely wet formula (combined with giant brush) will get all over your lids- and I mean ALL over. It is also hard to layer; I think two coats of this is the maximum before you start getting seriously crazy lashes. It also isn't the best for my oily lashes, as it will start to smudge EVER so slightly. I'm not talking dramatic panda eyes, but noticeable enough.
A solid 3/5 stars.

on 6/15/2015 12:11:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

I use the waterproof version. It's a great mascara. Quite wet when new. Minimal clump, lengthen and volumize pretty good. No flakes or smudge. Highly recommended. The brush is nice to use. But the colour isn't as black as cover girl lash blast in my opinion

on 6/14/2015 4:15:00 AM

A great everyday mascara if you want thick and voluminous lashes. Unfortunately, when I try to build it up to two coats, it goes extremely clumpy and flakes. I like to layer this with other mascaras as it holds a great curl!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Used this mascara a couple of times, it is quite thick however it adds a lot of volume, as the name suggests. It clumps quite often for me though.

This is a good mascara. I love everything about the brush (bristles and shape) but it is slightly big (harder to get the lower lashes). This mascara does make the lashes long and full - no complaints. I don't find it clumpy at all. The only thing I would change is to make the brush slightly smaller and the wand a bit longer. Aside from that, top 5 drugstore mascaras and one of Maybelline's best. It really does work.

on 6/7/2015 9:59:00 AM

My favourite mascara! (so far)
I've tried a few of these mascaras and I personally believe that everyones lashes are different so its like you have to find your perfect one.

However I don't like the brush anymore. The other day, I put the brush from the mega plush mascara (the turquoise-green coloured one) into this mascara and Its made a huge difference. Really nice brush for getting right in the corners and it just creates way more volume.

All Maybeline mascaras are good tho! Always my trusty go to :)